Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Unofficial Traxxas Mini E-Revo Thread!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
savycharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unofficial Traxxas Mini E-Revo Thread!!!!

I know I know, its not out yet. Well when it does come out this is where you can post pics, mods that you have done to it, etc. For now lets post what we do know. All i now is it should be out early to the middle of this year. One more thing, does anyone know the price range for it? I heard it should be around $300 range. Hope this thread helps. savycharlie.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:25 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Unofficial Traxxas Mini E-Revo Thread!!!!

I heard that since it's going to be brushless, it's in the $300 range...I was thinking about it but after looking at the price, man..I have to think twice.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Derigor

if I spend 300 for a 1/16 scale, it better be a nitro KMI with a starter box.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:57 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Derigor

$300 for a 1/16 is also overpriced for me as well.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
mrbonez

i would think they wont be that expenseive traxxas started out the vxl line for like 450 bucks if i remember right and they came down pretty fast these should do the same imo
Old 01-31-2009, 10:37 PM
savycharlie

ORIGINAL: Derigor

Ya i was looking at it and to be honest i would not come close to paying $300 for a 1/16 scale. I just don't think it would be worth it. You also got to remember that it already has a bl in there, but still way to much for out of the box. Does anybody know if it will be water proof like its big brother? I doubt it but that would be pretty cool if it was.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Wild YFZ 450

brushless isn't waterproof... Also 300 isn't that much considering it is already brushless... It would be around the same to make a MINI-LST2 brushless not to count the mods the mini lst needs to be driveable.. the E-revo is a bit bigger then it and probably durbable and has no drivetrain/diff issues or servo..
Old 02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
jaejw1

wow guys... we are already paying 150 or more for 18th scales.... i think 175 for the 16th as roller.. and then another 125 for all electronics is a great deal ... especially since it is going to be brushless...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:23 PM
K.Gro
My Feedback: (1)

They will be waterproof, according to the video I have seen on some of the other forums from the ihobby expo. In the video RC CarAction interviews one of the traxxas reps and he tells a bit about the Mini Revo and Mini Slayer EX.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

why that much?the 1/10th vxls aren't that much.why should a mini be more?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Wild YFZ 450

I really don't understand why everybody is complaining.. Its brushless for 300.. Its not that much.. the 1/8 E-Revo BL is around 600ish so I don't think its that bad.. Look at the mini-lst2 its 200 and its BRUSHED and has alot of problems. If you complain about the price theres a simple solution DONT GET ONE...
Old 02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
ferrarimk13

haha, i guess you havent been around many industries before. The smaller something gets, the more expensive it becomes. Tell me which is harder, to fit a brushless system in a 1/8 or 1/16? yeah, thats how it works.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
savycharlie

ORIGINAL: K.Gro

They will be waterproof, according to the video I have seen on some of the other forums from the ihobby expo. In the video RC CarAction interviews one of the traxxas reps and he tells a bit about the Mini Revo and Mini Slayer EX.
So it is water proof or not? Wild yfz said it is not because of the brushless. I can see if it isn't water proof because the brushless cant take it. The way i was thinking is that it would be water proof is because traxxas doesn't have a mini. And i didn't know if they would some how make there mini bl water proof.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:23 PM
savycharlie

Oh heres a video i just found on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxIZH...ext=1&index=48

He said it would be out before Christmas[]. Well obviously that didn't happen.

When you are watching the video i just noticed in the bottom left hand corner it says [quote] Correction will be available in early 2009. Sorry guys i just caught that.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well waterproof BL systems are not unheard of.....Mambas are.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
savycharlie

Thats true. My point is it is the same thing as the bl e-revo but smaller. Plus i have a vendetta buggy, and a mini lst2. Thats all for that scale. And they are not water proof. They also don't come with a bl already installed.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
micro guy

Well when that trucks released that thing will be a beast![>:]
Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 PM
savycharlie

Anymore opinions? How many of you guys will probably get one when they come out? I will probably get one.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:35 PM
cflchurch

i'll def get the slash, i'm jonesing for a mini.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:50 AM
K.Gro
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: savycharlie

Thats true. My point is it is the same thing as the bl e-revo but smaller. Plus i have a vendetta buggy, and a mini lst2. Thats all for that scale. And they are not water proof. They also don't come with a bl already installed.
In the link that you posted, the Traxxas guy says they have all water sealed electronics, you can play in the mud and snow. These same terms were used when they were talking about the slash before it was released. I have seen first hand a slash submerged in water with no ill effects, so I was assuming they are waterproof. Maybe you are right, maybe they are not waterproof we shall see.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Mr. Mugen

Since I won't use stock electronics long I won't mind putting mine in the swimming pool and testing...lol... We have good mud pits here in the spring I could do some testing in on vid for those afraid of ruining their stuff doing it.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
savycharlie

ORIGINAL: K.Gro

ORIGINAL: savycharlie

In the link that you posted, the Traxxas guy says they have all water sealed electronics, you can play in the mud and snow. These same terms were used when they were talking about the slash before it was released. I have seen first hand a slash submerged in water with no ill effects, so I was assuming they are waterproof. Maybe you are right, maybe they are not waterproof we shall see.

Ya i now know. I watched that video after i said i don't think it was water proof.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
micro guy

So guys how fast do you think it will be? Since it has a brushless in all. Also do you think it will have two battery slots like th e-revo?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
it8ezbngrn

Anyone have a news on a release date yet. Last time I talked to them it was in beta testing. There was a release date of Feb but its not even on the site yet and the Summit was on the site at least a month before it hit the stores. I'm jones'n for a mini and I'm not wasting any more money on the ones currently out. Had a CEN ME16MT with a VXL and it was fast but the plastic seemed cheap. Broke swing arms every five minutes. Have a Tamiya Tamtech but its 2WD & worthless on loose ground with a BL system and pretty much discontinued. Tough as nails though. Same goes for the $150 4WD Hotshot model. 4Wd would be good, may still be too light for decent traction off road. Good luck on finding parts for that and it would cost over $300 to make into something special.
Hopefully Traxxas makes it dual battery (in parallel 2 x1600mah), slipper clutch, 1/10 single servo, not two tiny ones, 2in of ground clearance and waterproof would be nice. I would pay $300 for all that. At least with Traxxas, if the part is cruddy or needing improvement someone will make a better part for it due to the large Traxxas following.
What I cannot believe is that people will pay $600 for a BL Savage or Revo. There are already optional stronger gear sets for the Savage Flux. $600 and you may still need to upgrade? The only reason I'm not back into nitro is the noise. I could deal with the mess. I beat the heck out of an Ofna and never had to fix or beef up the drivetrain. I got that cause the T-maxx was breaking too much.
$300 does seem steep though, since you can get a Novak BL 380 system for $150 retail and I bet its better than the VXL. So That means the rest of teh Mini Revo is worth $150 or more? For a chassis and cheap radio gear. Imediately the TX, RX and servo will be removed and replaced with better gear. I'll get $50 for that on ebay if I'm lucky. How about they just sell a chassis and save me the money. Traxxas has coma a long way but, they still are the Birthday/Xmas present type product. They sell convient RTR packages that parents and first timers can easily purchase and run that day. In 1980 something my old man got me my first real RC car and he spent 2 days putting a tamiya Hotshot and cheap futaba stick radio system together. Then I consisntly blew up the batteries with the cheap 12V DC timer charger.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 PM
jaejw1

if the stock brushless isnt upto par...... then I will hand it over to the NEU,,,, one stop shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.