Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
it8ezbngrn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

I got Intellect  (IB) cell 1600 mah batteries from Tower hobbies. Integy makes them. Search using IB or Intelllect. $20 a pack. good deal. They work great.! AS good as the Orions or better. My Onyx 230 says it pumped 1400mah back into it after the first run.

2 good 1600nimh in parallel is probably same as or a little less than  2100 2S and a lot cheaper. $40 for two bats VS $40+ or so for one batt and possibly  a lipo charger and balancer.

Parallel using the PARALLEL Y harness. They make 2 kinds. Switch to Deans and make your own.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:31 PM
it8ezbngrn

Anybody thinking Novak Mongoose? I wish I had better braking. Other than that, I'm fine so far. Need 380 size heat sink .

Gonna do the 28T pinion 14.4V 1600mah high speed pass again tonight. Got my camera. Will make vid an void warranty all at the same time.

So anyone take thiers apart yet? Anyone have a crash and broke parts?

Old 06-21-2009, 03:06 PM
dacaur

ORIGINAL: Access

Today I am going to try something I normally don't, running two 6-cell NIMH in parallel to see if I get more than 2x the runtime than with one. The cheap no-brand packs I am using, got them $9.99 at a hobby people sale; they aren't lasting much past 5 minutes and the packs are pretty hot by the end of the run.
I bet you will get a good bit more than double the runtime, and better performance to boot. Whats going to happen is that since the batteries in parallel will be able to supply more than twice the amps, you wont get as much voltage sag under acceleration. Higher voltage = more speed, and the lower the voltage, the more amps it has to pull to get the performance you are asking for, so less voltage sag means less amps (unless you have the throttle pegged at 100% all the time)
Old 06-21-2009, 03:36 PM
micro guy

Who all has them in stock? I am going to cancel the order with him, and get it from somewhere else. On horizon`s website they are now saying early July [:@].
Old 06-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Aloha Flyer

Just came back from fully working out TP 1350mAh 3Sx2 in parallel. Low end & high end ballistic. Needed to take the throttle EXPO to -100% to tame her. Now quite drivable. Just don't grab the throttle. Yeah!

Wheelie bar anyone?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Stampedekid

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8869619/tm.htm
There's mine
Old 06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

I got Intellect (IB) cell 1600 mah batteries from Tower hobbies. Integy makes them. Search using IB or Intelllect. $20 a pack. good deal. They work great.! AS good as the Orions or better. My Onyx 230 says it pumped 1400mah back into it after the first run.

2 good 1600nimh in parallel is probably same as or a little less than2100 2S and a lot cheaper. $40 for two bats VS $40+ or so for one batt and possibly a lipo charger and balancer.

Parallel using the PARALLEL Y harness. They make 2 kinds. Switch to Deans and make your own.

My 2200 25c lipos are $12 each so yes its cheaper to go lipo(if you have a charger). I get more power and longer runtimes. Now I was a racer a few years back (1/10th scale) They only allowed nimh and nicd I had top end $100+dollor packs and still got my but kicked (even then) by lipos . They hold better voltage under heavy loads. Now a top end 4800nimh will under a 30amp load hold voltage better than a top 5K lipo but once you get into the 40+amp range watch out! I am sure given my mini -erevo is pulling 34amps I would have to say that with the small 2/3A cells, theyare being stressed andthat lipos are going to hold up to that amprage better.
Also I bought some IB1400mah nimh for my minilst when it came out and a 1500 20C 2s(integy I belive)lipo provided alot more power with the brushless system in it.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Aloha Flyer

ORIGINAL: ACEspeedBoat

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8869619/tm.htm
There's mine
Cherry VXL heh, heh heh (Bevis & Butthead laugh)
Old 06-21-2009, 10:31 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

So the Traxxas y-harness=same run time as single battery but much more top speed, and Parallel=double run time but same speed as single pack?

All these numbers and electrical terms are quite confusing to me but I am getting the concept for the most part.

So will 2 1700mah non-lipos in series be more than enough to start with? I have 3 nitros that range from 40-60+mph, so handling the speed shouldn't be too much of a problem.

How long do lipos take to charge fully? I already have one charger that would be compatible with the non-lipos and would probably buy another one so that I can charge two at the same time. I guess that's another thing that would make me lean towards the non-lipos.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: dacaur
ORIGINAL: Access
Today I am going to try something I normally don't, running two 6-cell NIMH in parallel to see if I get more than 2x the runtime than with one. The cheap no-brand packs I am using, got them $9.99 at a hobby people sale; they aren't lasting much past 5 minutes and the packs are pretty hot by the end of the run.
I bet you will get a good bit more than double the runtime, and better performance to boot. Whats going to happen is that since the batteries in parallel will be able to supply more than twice the amps, you wont get as much voltage sag under acceleration. Higher voltage = more speed, and the lower the voltage, the more amps it has to pull to get the performance you are asking for, so less voltage sag means less amps (unless you have the throttle pegged at 100% all the time)
Yeah it definately helps, Iwas able to shoot a whole memory card (16 minutes) whereas before Ishot maybe 10 minutes using 4 batteries. The batteries were only slightly warm after the run, compared to very hot when Iran only one. I know the electronics, battery internal resistance model is about as simple as it gets and that's why Iattempted something Inormally don't bother with. Parallel is normally useless unless you are overtaxing your batteries if you are not overtaxing the batteries you can run back-to-back and get practically the same runtime as if you had run them in parallel. Ithink in my case, the additional weight actually helped the traction on the loose dirt.

I am finding this thing to be nearly unbreakable, Itried a few big jumps and it's just too light to take any damage.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:28 AM
it8ezbngrn

OK here is my Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBinNMFgoLU
DO NOT DO THIS AS I DID! Running the 28T pinion with 14.4 can cause damage. I desoldered the positive lead off of the battery during these runs. Thats how hot the packs get when using too high of a gear. Use the supplied 23T. I was running two IB 1600 mah nimhs in series.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Access

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn

OK here is my Video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBinNMFgoLU
The running man is a good benchmark, it took the truck roughly 3 seconds to go as far as he did in 10. Most videos it's difficult to tell distance b'cos you don't know the relative focal length or zoom-in / zoom-out.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
cobra26

Has anyone measured the amp draw of themotor on the 1/16th E-Revo VXL with two stock or two 2S LiPo batteries connected in parallel? My "Watts Up" meter is 3 hours away and I am unable to measure the amp draw without it.

Anybody??
Old 06-22-2009, 05:32 PM
it8ezbngrn

That's a long stretch. It was three houses down and another house or two past where I was standing. If you were there you could see the tires balloning. 

With two 1600 nihms in parallel, its as fast as or faster than my E-Revo with two 7 cell IB4600 Nimhs

Its gotta be alot. My Tekin Mini Rage never melted a wire off a my 1600 NiMh. I think I'll have to always run in parallel or get a 2S or 3S.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:43 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

I was told that it isn't wise to run parallel due to the heat build up from prolonged use...are there after-market heat sinks available for the motor? I think someone posted a Duratrax heat sink that was supposed to be a direct fit.

Oh, and Ijust purchased a blue one with six 1700mah batteries, a y-harness, and two molex adapters for my chargers Should be here by the end of the week.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Stampedekid

Nother video:
Hehe watch in HD
Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 PM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

I was told that it isn't wise to run parallel due to the heat build up from prolonged use...are there after-market heat sinks available for the motor? I think someone posted a Duratrax heat sink that was supposed to be a direct fit.

Oh, and Ijust purchased a blue one with six 1700mah batteries, a y-harness, and two molex adapters for my chargers Should be here by the end of the week.

CONGRATULATIONS on your purchase! I am assuming when you say Y-harness that you are talking about the parallel harness. I also rememberreading about a heat sink that fits, but can't remember which one it was.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

No, no, I meant what I typed.

The parallel harness makes for longer run times but same speeds; the series (me saying y-harness) is having the same run time but much higher speeds. Traxxas series connectors are actually on back order but the guy I ordered the batteries from makes them, so he included one for me.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: cobra26

Has anyone measured the amp draw of themotor on the 1/16th E-Revo VXL with two stock or two 2S LiPo batteries connected in parallel? My "Watts Up" meter is 3 hours away and I am unable to measure the amp draw without it.

Anybody??

pulled 35amps with mine on 2s
Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
KRO

Nice , think a Castle Sidewinder ESC would work ? I have a Quark ESC I wanna try too .
Old 06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: cobra26

Anybody??

pulled 35amps with mine on 2s

Great -thanks much for the info, mycarisaser!

I have standardized all of my connectors on my cars andairplanes to Power Poles and now I know i have to use the 45-amp sizecontacts. I have ordered some 2S LiPo's to fit the 1/16th E-Revo andby standardizing the connectorsit allows me to readily usethese newbatteries in my planes as well.

Thanks again!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Aloha Flyer

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Did not see the Duratrax.
This what I ordered and waiting for:
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-hea...m-p-22431.html
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
dacaur

Finaly orderd mine from tower... its on backorder of course but I was prepared to wait...  Got the truck and 8 female and 4 male trx connectors for $258 shipped (thanks super saver club)  Joined the club on the 15th of may, and finaly today recived the email with my $60 off $300 code (super saver members only), plus with the super saver club you get free shippin on orders over $150, and the member price for the mini e-revo was $5 less to begin with.... Its too bad all the LHS's around me wanted to rip people off an extra $40 over list Or I would have just paid the $290 and got one from them... Oh well, their loss my my gain big time....

I wanted to get a clear body and a parallell adapter too, but they are on backorder and you have to order at least 2 to backoder them.... but I didnt need 2 of each  so... *shrug*

Now the waiting game.... So excited....
Old 06-23-2009, 01:27 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$60 off $300 code(super saver members only),
I get $75 off 300 and i am not a super savers member... I just registered on the site with my email and i get the codes every month...mind you i dont get the free shipping...
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the slash and extra battery....The battery came today but no slash....i guess it comes from a different warehouse....bummer..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.