Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Quick Question With Micro batteries???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:55 AM
OCM Taylor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question With Micro batteries???

My brother, Dad and I have all purchased micros. We've found out that the stock chargers are a good idea when out and about but suck overall. Does anyone have the problem with there batteries not charging? We think its the connectors not the battery. We have charged them all the way up and then made our cars run out completely and then let them cool down before we charge them again. We also make sure the batteries in the charger are fresh and still nothing happens. Do the batteries go bad right away? Or are the connectors suck? Does anyone have these kind of problems besides us 3. Maybe we are bone heads??
Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 AM
klaze

Default RE: Quick Question With Micro batteries???

micro-t?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 AM
OCM Taylor

My brother and I got the DT and my dad has the T. All 3 of us are having gay problems with the batteries. We've never put them in wrong or anything. So my guess is the batteries arent too great???

ORIGINAL: klaze

micro-t?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

the connectors suck, the batteries aren't that great. nimh shouldn't be fully discharged (below about 1v). a lipo is probably the single best upgrade for the micro series.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
klaze

What happens exactly? Does it charge for a moment then stop? Light never comes on? Light never goes off?

Those chargers are notorious for a bunch of problems..

The same time I bought my micro I upgraded to lipo.. It is 100% worth it.. You can get cheaper than Losi brand online..
Old 07-17-2009, 01:47 AM
OCM Taylor

ORIGINAL: sonicj

the connectors suck, the batteries aren't that great. nimh shouldn't be fully discharged (below about 1v). a lipo is probably the single best upgrade for the micro series.
Its good to hear we arent the only ones that are and have experience this. Are the connectors on the lipo better??? I dont want to buy a lipo and then it does the same thing. Even though the stock batteries arent great, i think its more the connector than anything.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:39 AM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

the losi lipo is going to have the same connector. if you have soldering skills, i would recommend some quality conenctors like the micro deans. [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/3592/n/Deans-Micro-Plug-2R-Red-Polarized-Connector]link[/link] or jst connectors [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_61_128/products_id/17876/n/ProTek-R-C-Female-JST-Style-Connectors-4]link female[/link] [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_61_128/products_id/17875/n/ProTek-R-C-Male-JST-Style-Connectors-4]link male[/link]
Old 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
OCM Taylor

Ok right on! Thanks for all the help
Old 07-17-2009, 07:10 PM
OCM Taylor

Where is a cheap place or site to buy lipos for the micro? I have mixed emotions about spending money on this thing. I know lipos arent cheap but you get what I mean
Old 07-17-2009, 07:28 PM
kamaka71

Best bang for the buck lipo is [link=http://www.aero-nuts.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_56&products_id=433]this[/link].

These do not have connectors or balance plugs. You will have to solder them yourself.

If you aren't comfortable soldering [link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_details.lasso?id=8870&cat_name=MICRO%20T%20.%20BAJA,%20%20DT]this[/link] is a much more expensive option.

6 batts for 3 cars = mucho fun!!

Losi-6x$30=$180 ouch!
Aero-nuts-6x$5=$30 learn to solder!