Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Quick Micro RS4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
MR.FEESH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Micro RS4 Question

Hey all!

So I have the original Micro RS4 with a good deal of upgrades. I currently have a Team Orion Big Block motor, and am running a NiMH 7.2v, 1500mah, 6 cell battery pack.

Like many in the micro world, I've been considering going brushless with lipos. However, I'm not monetarily ready to upgrade to both brushless AND lipo in one big swoop.

My question is: say I upgraded to a brushless system, something *like* but not necessarily the mamba package, but kept my NiMH battery pack how would the brushless motor run compared to my current Big Block? Would it even run at all?

Thanks in advance!
Elby
Old 04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
mrbonez

Default RE: Quick Micro RS4 Question

provided your nimh cells are good a brushless set up would definitely be an improvement in run time and power ,but you would have to make sure your drive train can handle the extra power and you would have extra power
Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
MR.FEESH

Wait really?  

So a standard 1/18th brushless motor and ESC wouldn't need more volts or amps or [insert battery term here] than what I'm currently using in order  to run well?

And yeah I'm running with a lot of metal and carbon fiber parts now (and a good deal of general drive-train upgrades) so the extra strain wouldn't be too much for me or my vehicle
Old 04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
mrbonez

yes brushless uses the volts more efficiently in order to get the full potential from a brushless system a lipo is better but they will still work with nimh battery's . heck we ran our min t's on stock losi packs (nimh 1100mil.)for a couple months and they were very impressive our run time was wayy better not to mention the power increase . im sure you will get some other responses as well
Old 04-08-2010, 04:06 PM
MR.FEESH

Well then, thanks for your help!  Guess I'll put in my order soon
Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its not that brushless systems use more volt/amps than brushed, its that brushless motors use the volts more efficiently. so yes, using a brushless system with the same 6cell nimh will provide an increase in performance.
you should look at the Ezrun brushless system on ebay. i believe that the Ezrun 1/18 system is around $50.
if you want, you can go lipo 1st. i just got a used MRS4 and i use a 2s 900mah lipo(i use a low-voltage alarm so i dont over discharge the lipo, which only cost $5)
i already had the lipo for my blade cx2, but they only cost $15.
i think i will get the ezrun system for my MRS4 when i get the cash.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
MR.FEESH

Alrighty, thanks guys!

I looked into the EZrun...seems to be half decent.  If I'm being honest, though, I think I'm going to end up going with the Novak Mongoose brushless system.  Should be a lot of fun!  I don't really post here often so I'm not sure what the protocol is, but I guess I'll post a new thread with my MRS4 and the new set-up when it's all put-together, for "just sharing" purposes.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

im running an ez run and a 2s on my vendetta.strip something everytime out lol its so much power.i got one fully throttle pass yesterday before i heard pops and bangs and grinding noises as it went passed.so cheap too.got mine with another truck in a trade, but i wouldda got one anyway.