Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Best brushless motor esc combo.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Zoned
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best brushless motor esc combo.

What is the best brushless motor esc combo to run series stock batteries in the revo vxl without problems. My sons lasted one run with the stock setup.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:10 PM
rc18junky

Default RE: Best brushless motor esc combo.

the first thing i will do is call traxxas and serve them with the warranty and have them send you a know one. once the new comes in sell it and get a mamba sidewinder 1/10 scale esc. as for the motor the traxxas one should do fine if it is the brushless one. if you had the brushed truck i guess you will need to get the motor as well
Old 04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Zoned

Thanks I'll do that.

Pat
Old 04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
EricTyrrell

Remember to keep it out of the water since the Castle ESCs are NOT waterproof like the stock Velineon ESC. Technically the "best" ESC you could put in the 1/16 E-Revo is something like the Mamba Max Pro, but the Sidewinder works great too and is easier to mount since it's smaller. Also the banana plugs on the new ESC may be larger than the plugs on the stock Velineon motor so you may have to solder on some new plugs. The stock motor is excellent and can be pushed to extreme limits so there's little reason to upgrade it. However, if you need more speed or less heat a common upgrade motor is the Neu 1112 series. While on the topic of making it more reliable; RPM A-arms, aluminum knuckles, and Traxxas aluminum tie-rods are the most essential bullet-proofing upgrades.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Zoned

Yes, I had to replace the a-arms and knuckles within a couple days of use. The hobby shop recommened exactly what you did.

Thanks
Pat