Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

is a mini lst any good?

Old 05-27-2010, 03:29 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a mini lst any good?

im looking to buy a brand new Mini LST from a friend for 100 bucks. is it any good and what are its faults? lots of hopups?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: is a mini lst any good?

Do a search and you will find plenty of information good and bad about the Mini-LST.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FP 4LC4PON3

im looking to buy a brand new Mini LST from a friend for 100 bucks. is it any good and what are its faults? lots of hopups?
there are tons of hop ups.
the main week points are the diffs(will be OK on stock motors and battery) the mini LST 2 has stronger diffs, but even those can go. there are upgrade diffs, but pony up some cash for those!
and the stock servos. they suck. and if they burn out(which they will at some point) then only stock servos will fit. since there are 2 servos, it will cost you $40 or so. there are kits to convert it to a single 1/10 servo, but those kits cost $60-80!
they are fun trucks. but i think you would be better off getting a assosiated 18t. it doesnt sit as high, but is 4wd and it has far less faults. it is a simpler chassis, easier to modify and upgrade.
i have had 2 mini LSTs(they are fun) but they sit on the shelf needing repair more than i use them.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
FP 4LC4PON3

yeah i was reading earlier and posts on the forums and alot of people do not like the mini lst saying its not a good truck at all. im going to save up a bit for something else.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

You should take a look at the Mini Revo...
Old 05-27-2010, 10:17 PM
vwlippy

Steering servo will be the first thing to go. Not sure why, but they do seem to brake a lot.
Sold mine, bought an E-revo and couldn't be happier.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Rody63

Of all the mini's I have, this is the only one I don't drive, just because it breaks down too much. I can't get rid of it, because no one wants it, so it sits. I may end up with the Exotek chassis, just so I can at least run the darn thing, but it's 80 bucks! Like everyone before me says, the servo's are terribly fragile, as are the diffs. I've actually bought the upgraded diffs, but haven't installed them because my servo's aren't acting right (not broken), so I just don't drive it. If I were you, I'd stay away.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: FP 4LC4PON3

even with all the above stated, if you can find one that is RTR with alot of spare parts for less than $100, then it could be worth it.
when it runs, it is a blast to drive. if you can do a single servo conversion down the road then it will be a much better truck. i personally have never had a problem with the diffs. but i always used stock batteries and motors.
losi even make an official raminator and ramunation monster truck version. looks pretty cool
Old 05-28-2010, 10:40 AM
1/16 Scale Cat

Well, I had one, well lets say there not one to crash into a BBQ...
Old 05-28-2010, 12:22 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: 1/16 Scale Cat

Well, I had one, well lets say there not one to crash into a BBQ...
is there a mini that you should crash into a BBQ???
Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
BigGrump

Well, I also have a mini LST2. Before I bought it I thought it was high quality. After I got it and used it a while, I now think it is a heavy high quality piece of junk. Great to look at and imagine how it will work. Using it is a real dissappointment. The Associated M18 is so simple and so vastly more fun to use and reliable. I now own 6 of the M18's which I have given away to family members, and they all work good and are very tough.

My choice for me personally is the Traxxas 1/16 brushless revo.

Dennis
Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Stampedekid

Whatever you do, save the money and get the 1/16 Revo. You'll thank me later. My MLST2 I had for over a year, it probably got ran 50 times. Piece of junk, the servos are absolute garbage, other than that it was pretty good. But the servos just ruin the truck, the diffs were supposedly steel, I wouldn't doubt it, but the servos say it all. Don't waste your time with it. I traded mine for something different back last year, one of the best ideas I ever had was to get rid of it.
Ian
Old 05-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Cheap Guy

I bought a Mini-Raminator with missing servos, which I had no idea of how bad and expensive they were. It cost me more to get rid of it than I bought it for.