RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Mini T steering problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/3465350-mini-t-steering-problem.html)

lvblueyedboy 10-17-2005 10:05 PM

Mini T steering problem

Ok Have a question about Mini T’s. I ran my Mini T today at the 1/10th off-road track it was pulling left to I added steering trim to straighten it out. Every time I hit a new bump it would change the steering. Steering servo it double stick tapped down. At first I thought that the steering need to be adjusted to I did that great on the carpet at home. I went out side to play on my street and drive way. Bump in to anything and the steering was out of adjustment and I had to add steering trim. It did not matter I would run it to anything and then it would start to pull in the other direction. Is this a normal thing for the Mini T or is something wrong. It is a stock Mini T Pro stock ride height and tires.

Thanks for any help I can get, just started to R/C and this is my second Truck.

Tigger N. Bennie 10-17-2005 11:04 PM

RE: Mini T steering problem

The stock turnbuckles are pretty weak and if you have bent them one too many times, they will bend easier and easier each time. Are you using oil shocks and if so, did they leak?

lvblueyedboy 10-17-2005 11:25 PM

Trunbuckles are titanium and the steering gets loose by bumping in to my shoes, so not a really heavy hit at all. As far the shocks leaking they all seem to be fine. No leaks at this time, but as I read on about them they will leak. The shocks seem to be one of the weakest parts of the this truck (as far as leaking). Other wise it seems great.

Tigger N. Bennie 10-18-2005 12:07 AM

I gutted my Losi Mini-T about two weeks after purchasing it and one of the things I did was install a high dollar HiTec digital servo with an all metal gear train (HS-5125). Although I recently reinstalled the original electronics since I haven't ran the Mini-T in ages and dropped the servo into a Kyosho Mini-Inferno, I can only guess that one problem may be the stock servo. Losi also has some tech tips regarding the shocks. Good luck.

http://www.teamlosi.com/techtips/Min...k_mounting.htm

HyperDrive 10-18-2005 01:29 AM

Check if the servo is connected correctly.
Could it also be something to do with the way the servo saver is adjusted?

lvblueyedboy 10-30-2005 09:46 PM

Well I figured out my steering problem. I am a Service Manager at a Ford Dealership and I was an Automatic transmission Technician For Ford. SO I THOUGHT I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING.[:@] Wrong again, so I asked one of my front end technicians what he thought. In a real car I would say the gear box is slipping teeth. So I drove home thinking hmm. I did have two servo savers, open my box up and pull out the servo saver and it is a 6 point servo. So I pull the servo out and guess what? There is a 12 or 24 point servo saver on a 6 point servo. So that solves the mystery about why ever time I hit anything my tires would be out. SO YES I FEEL STUPID. [X(]

DustyRusty710 06-21-2020 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by lvblueyedboy (Post 3505864)
Well I figured out my steering problem. I am a Service Manager at a Ford Dealership and I was an Automatic transmission Technician For Ford. SO I THOUGHT I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING.[:@] Wrong again, so I asked one of my front end technicians what he thought. In a real car I would say the gear box is slipping teeth. So I drove home thinking hmm. I did have two servo savers, open my box up and pull out the servo saver and it is a 6 point servo. So I pull the servo out and guess what? There is a 12 or 24 point servo saver on a 6 point servo. So that solves the mystery about why ever time I hit anything my tires would be out. SO YES I FEEL STUPID. [X(]

Mine does the same thing and it’s so annoying... so how did you fix it...? I don’t understand what you mean about 12 point saver on a 6 point servo... I’m about to just take my servo saver off at this point....

DustyRusty710 06-21-2020 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by lvblueyedboy (Post 3505864)

I feel like if I turn the wheels by hand the saver flexes so much that the servo barely moves but if I stick a wrench on the screw and turn it, it’s precise and you can hear the gears turn the whole way... so your saying to get a different saver....?

alanmcleanXxX 09-16-2020 11:12 PM

I guess that he has solved the problem. It is an old topic