RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   So you want a mini.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/4353446-so-you-want-mini.html)

clutchbob 01-21-2007 09:10 PM

RE: So you want a mini....

I would also warn that most people are going to have to replace the electronics of some RTR's. I base this assertion on my experience with my Mini T and from what I've seen in other RTR threads. I would have been better off and it would actually have been less expensive to have purchased an ARR.

zimm11 02-01-2007 08:11 PM

very good chocies on the cars 18T ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dokioto 02-01-2007 10:55 PM

Inverted do you think you can had the Trinity NEXT and the VTX Truggy to your nitro list?

-Inverted- 02-01-2007 11:06 PM

Yes...I have been meaning to update but I wont update until I have a full guide compiled because I have to have a mod or admin edit it.

Dokioto 02-01-2007 11:17 PM

I see... The NEXT was my first Nitro and I am very glad I got it, so to any nitro beginner, who whats a mini... I would suggest the NEXT!

-Inverted- 02-02-2007 12:05 AM

Yep, what happened is apparently after chatting with the admin there is a 3 month period to edit, after that the edit function is disabled, so I need to compile a new guide. I will work on it soon, knee deep in product reviews. :D

Dokioto 02-02-2007 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

knee deep in product reviews. :D
LOL, Good luck with that.

nitro _ burner 03-18-2007 05:14 AM

is there enough micro 1/36 scale cars to start a guide about them?

msinno 03-18-2007 11:21 AM

What else is there besides the Losi Micro-T?

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

is there enough micro 1/36 scale cars to start a guide about them?

maxxdout 04-01-2007 06:53 PM

Great thread! keep up the good work Inverted and everyone else who contributed!

mini-tmaster 04-02-2007 10:53 AM

does anyone know what the teamlosi mini-t's top speed is stock.. if u do get back to me

maxxdout 04-04-2007 07:59 AM

i gotta say 10-15 mph. with a better speed motor probbaly 15-20mph. With a mamba.....60mph lol.

slimdiggie 04-17-2007 05:49 PM

Inverted whats the best bang for the buck in a RTR box set for a
Stadium Truck or Monster Truck???

-Inverted- 04-17-2007 05:55 PM

Duratrax Vendetta ST no doubt.

Man I need to update this, I have been busy with other stuff, but it will come.

slimdiggie 04-17-2007 05:57 PM

Ok why would you say the Duratrax Vendetta ST? Because it comes with all the Aluminum Upgrades?

-Inverted- 04-17-2007 05:58 PM

Good onroad and offroad, tons of aluminum bits stock, good price, and a great car. Not to mention the stresstech warranty.

slimdiggie 04-17-2007 08:18 PM

o.k thanks for the help how does that go on grass?

-Inverted- 04-17-2007 09:36 PM

Works great anywhere within its limits.

slimdiggie 04-18-2007 04:49 PM

well at lunch today i went ad ordered the Green Vendetta ST I hope it lives up to the way you guys hyped it up i'm excited to get it and try it out..

SparkedFlyer 04-25-2007 11:10 PM

You wont be dissapointed with the Duratrax Vendetta ST. It's a solid performer out of the box. If you're new to R/C like I am you will be blown away by the speed out of the box. It had been years since I picked up an R/C car and this car is fast. I was crashing into curbs and stuff but I quickly got the hang of it. This thing has so much torque. It will go through my Bermuda grass (run time shortens and motor gets HOT running in grass), up hills, curbs, just about anything that clears the wheels. The handling is incredible. The range is great. No compliants except for a couple of minor gripes about the cheap ESC. Apart from that I havent broke anything yet so at $140 it's a steal. Get yourself a TP 1320 Lipo and you'll think you put a brushless motor in there. Unbelievable. Thats with the stock 13 tooth pinion and stock timing on the VR3. If i advance the motor timing and use a 16 or 19 tooth pinion, i cant imagine how fast the thing will go. I'm waiting on a brushless setup (GH 4700 and Quark 33A), but I'm thinking hard whether I need it or not. I cant believe the VR3 motor is only $15. i think i'll pick one up to have as a spare. I am very satisfied with my ST. I put some racing wheels and touring on-road low-profile tires on it and it looks sweet! It runs on pavement like a sports car but just rips through ruff stuff like a truck. Duratrax has done a nice job on this. I think this definately the best bang for the buck. The Mini-T is great, but only if you get the Pro ARR and add your own electronics and motor. The stock Mini-T is just OK. Just my opinion.

-Inverted- 04-25-2007 11:50 PM

QUick update: I am working on updating this, I had to have the admin email me the contents since I cannot edit the posts myself.

SparkedFlyer 04-27-2007 03:54 PM

Hey, when is someone going to start an official Vendetta ST thread? I would but dont know how. Inverted, Jaejw, where you guys at?!?:D This thing is realtively new and I bet it will be very popular like the Mini-t - even better though!

-Inverted- 04-27-2007 07:00 PM

Offical threads don't really do anything, but when it's interest is sparked one will rise.

HoaRC 05-09-2007 07:40 AM

Will you post this articles on ebay guides? Being new to cars, it has been an eye opener for me.

Dokioto 05-13-2007 10:02 PM

When is this update coming Inverted? And Just a little food for thought.. Have you thought about adding more nitro advise/info to the guide? You have lots of electric info which is great, but a little more nitro advice, for the people that are looking at them, might be good.