RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Drifting Mini-t (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/4464474-drifting-mini-t.html)

Rc_drifter36 07-05-2006 03:48 AM

Drifting Mini-t

Im just about done with my setup on my mini-t drifter.. hopefully will get a vid up soon. just a few more tweeks to do...

any one else drifting mini-t's?

Jrgunn5150 07-05-2006 05:47 AM

RE: Drifting Mini-t

NOt me, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

nedMX 07-05-2006 11:11 AM

i tried to when i had my mini-t. putting tape on half the back wheels kind of worked. once my MLST arrives, ill be trying it with that.
are you using proper PVC/ABS rings?

hands without shadows 07-05-2006 05:30 PM

Good luck, two wheel drift is harder than four wheel drive in full sized cars, I'd like to see you do it with an rc.

Seek and Destroy 07-05-2006 06:56 PM

me too.

Yamaha9 07-05-2006 07:57 PM

its got a dbox lol jk.

hands without shadows 07-05-2006 08:17 PM

Wats a dbox?

Seek and Destroy 07-05-2006 08:22 PM

a dbox is a gyro, you know like what they use in helicopters to stabelize them in flight. SUPPOSEBLY it helps stabilize your car better when you drift. but it's $140...................RIPOFF!

Rc_drifter36 07-05-2006 11:52 PM

well i bought the mini like 2years ago and hopped up the motor, gears, and battery. i cant remember exactly what motor/gears are in it.. i can check and get back to you all on that one.. i have since then locked the rear diff and took fuel tubbing and put it on the shafts of the rear suspension so it has no give at all..and also added lead weights to the rear to keep it from spinning out. tires right now are just regular tires. i have tried tape on them and have had no success, it just spins with tape.. the setup i have right now is pretty good.. i will try to have pics and a vid up soon!! ;-)

color0 07-06-2006 02:04 AM

Sweet, another RWD drifter... good luck with your mini-T, I'd like to see this video of yours (I should have one up over the weekend).

dracohowe 07-06-2006 11:51 AM

rwd drifting in 1/10 is 99.9% impossible. with 1/18th it is impossible waaaaaaay to small. ur probally just spinning out and thinking it's a drift. i drift with my tt-01 all the time so i know what im talking about.

Gex_61 07-06-2006 02:29 PM

it's very difficult. I tried it with my mini-t and with a full battery I could maybe get 3 or 4 decent drifts out of it. It mostly just spun out. Still fun though. I would like to try it with one of my 2WD 10th scales.

Rc_drifter36 07-06-2006 04:24 PM

i know the difference between drifting and spinning out moron. i am in fact drifting.. i will have a vid up soon

hands without shadows 07-06-2006 06:40 PM

Guy, its hard enough with 4wd so quite honestly, I dont believe you.

Rc_drifter36 07-06-2006 07:31 PM

ok, give me a chance to finish adding weight and getting the perfect weight setup and as soon as i get my tires fabricated and i will get a vid up..

Seek and Destroy 07-06-2006 08:06 PM

how long for the video.......................

Doahh 07-06-2006 08:14 PM

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks. (RCU Policies)"

And IN MY OPINION you are not drifting with a RWD mini... you are just spinning out because it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a controled drift with a RWD Mini

Seek and Destroy 07-06-2006 08:34 PM

it might not be impossible, i bet i could one for maybe 1/4 second.:):D:)

Rc_drifter36 07-07-2006 12:53 AM

my stearing servo went out today, i have no reason why.. i will be getting a new one hopefully tomorrow or saturday.. then i can get the media on the net ;-)

PillowPants 07-07-2006 01:32 AM

Let me guess, you saw the new fast and the furious movie and you now think you can be just like them, right?;):eek:

Rc_drifter36 07-07-2006 02:50 AM

i hope your not serious! wow drifting has been around alot longer than you think.. other than rc im into import cars and i know quite a bit.. so that statement kinda piss's me off

Rc_drifter36 07-07-2006 02:51 AM

i dont know why no one can come in here respect what im trying to do and help out.. all the posts so far have been pretty stupid and moronic.. so if you dont have anything to say that helps contribute to what im doing in any way, please do not post here!

PillowPants 07-07-2006 03:22 AM

No offense dude but if you knew anything about drifting then you wouldn't even waste your time trying to drift a RWD 18th scale ST..

But hey, make us all eat our words with the vid you are hyping up. Shouldnt be a problem for such an experienced drifter!;) We get guys in here all the time saying they do all this crazy stuff, (usually little kids..:eek:) and say they'll get a vid, and they NEVER do.. There was a guy that said something about jumping cows just a few weeks ago...:eek: Lets see some clean controlled powerslides, then I'll eat my words and believe you ;)

Rc_drifter36 07-07-2006 03:27 AM

hey i had the car and time on my hands, so i thought hey what the F*** i'll give it a try

dracohowe 07-07-2006 12:08 PM

hey that jumping cows thing was me. and they weren't real cows it was a planter for flowers and stuff shaped as a cow. it wasn't much as it was only 3 feet high but it was funny as hell cause it has this sensor thing that moos everytime something goes above it.. i actually just reliezed i never did finish that. well now that i got my pede i'll jump it even higher. i'll put it on a table or something.. and mabye if i can find real cows;) so i geuss you miss understood my video but ya. my video camera got left in the rain by my mom and it got totally ruined. so i'll do it when i get a new camera. lol.