RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   List your Micro-T Problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/5102985-list-your-micro-t-problems.html)

nitrofreak06 12-17-2006 03:28 PM

RE: List your Micro-T Problems

hey mr. mugen, what is that blue filmish looking thing over the fan? looks like saran wrap or something like that i dont know how to spell it lol. im going to take a pic of my cooling fan and post it.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...olingfan-1.jpg

WalawalaStore 12-18-2006 03:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Frozen_Fire

The steering rod is just weak a lot of people fix it useing a thick zip tie.

Thx and I will try to fix mine. The tie rod broke in 3 minutes.

Regards

Joaquim

MrWizzard 12-26-2006 07:25 PM

How did you get a charger that plugs into the wall

Dannn 12-26-2006 07:40 PM

looks liek he opened it up and put a plug on it.

arceight 12-26-2006 10:39 PM

I have a problem with these little battery clips not conecting properly. I think i'll switch to micro deans.I hope thats my problem.

MrWizzard 12-27-2006 10:08 PM

Does anyone know what peak charger works the best Or how i can modify my stock charger to plug into the wall like the one above???????????????
Help it kills batteries like i have stock in energizer :)

XDRIFT_NemesisX 01-21-2007 01:55 PM

well i tend to lose my little snap rings that keep on my rear tires cause i have to take em off to get all the dog hair out so i went and too a thin peice of sheet metal and tin snips and cut out a peice that looks like a U and u just clap it on

XDRIFT_NemesisX 01-21-2007 02:01 PM

my front things that are connected to the tire then to the steering rod then the servo keep breaking and have to use super glue to fix them and different ideas??

Mr. Mugen 01-21-2007 02:12 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Micro RC Racing Owner Shane

hey mr. mugen, what is that blue filmish looking thing over the fan? looks like saran wrap or something like that i dont know how to spell it lol.

It it simply a couple of led's in the fan that make it look like that. I will take some more pics for you. Also note the foam around it with multiple pack configs.

unseen1 01-21-2007 08:07 PM

Mines great i have only broken the tie rod(fixed with zip ties) and the front right spindle which broke when my friend hit it with his mini-baja

cheese37 01-22-2007 12:13 AM

Nothing has broken on mine(yet). i have gotten like 40 charges or so off it and everything is still stock. Last few runs my gears got stuck twice for no apparent reason think i have fised it for now. Its fallen off my bed a few times now and survived.(jumped it off a couple times :D)

GeoXP 01-22-2007 05:11 PM

So far I've only had the steering arms break. I tried the zip-tie idea, but I hated what it did to the suspension. My LHS turned me on to using some clear packaging plastic. You know, that annoying injection molded packaging you can hardly get open without tearing up your hands. Anyway, that stuff is very thin, yet very strong. It flexes like the stock arms do, but it isn't at all brittle so they are very hard to break. In fact you can pretty much bend the stuff in half and it's fine. Net result is, you get the same suspension action as the stock arms, but with increased strength. And basically the cost is zilch.

RoLeX 01-26-2007 05:37 PM

i havent get any problem with my mouse only the steering rod broken & i make 2 carbon fiber rods & it fits great :) im just searching for brushless & lipo for it :D

deanR 01-27-2007 01:47 AM

i love mine wheelied first time out of the box (in the hobby store lol)

codykrr 01-27-2007 08:24 PM

Micro RC Racing Owner Shane .......how did you make you charger a plug in charger?! cause like another person in here said it eats batteries...

ILoveMinis 02-03-2007 11:08 PM

dang!
like he doesnt wanna tell us.
my guess is:

found out the voltage it runs on. (add the batteries voltages???)
get a selectable voltage wall thing lol
(radio shack)

solder it on the ends where the metal thing on the charger meet.
im sorry if you dont understand this i JUST thought of it!
lol.

if the charger breaks just ask losi for another one. they have GREAT customer service :)

hands without shadows 02-03-2007 11:39 PM

Im assuming he went to radio shack and bought a male mono audio jack, soldered some wires from the jack to the final battery terminals, and plugs a wall adapter with correct voltage into it.

Velocity-8 02-04-2007 12:27 PM

I broke the rear suspension arm mount 2 minutes into my first run. I barely tapped a table leg. I was able to fix it with CA. Now I'm waiting for the Hot Racing aluminum part to be available.

http://www.hot-racing.com/photos/cop...acing57592.jpg

blazew0n 02-04-2007 02:18 PM

hmm, can't seem to pin point it but my micro t is running smooth now, it use to sound crunchy but than realized the mesh wasn't right, now it sounds smooth. Only this is when it stops to does a 180?? i checked for hairs on the wheels but none, what else can i check for that??? I just put new bearing on it also. Nice upgrade.

Velocity-8 02-04-2007 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: blazew0n

hmm, can't seem to pin point it but my micro t is running smooth now, it use to sound crunchy but than realized the mesh wasn't right, now it sounds smooth. Only this is when it stops to does a 180?? i checked for hairs on the wheels but none, what else can i check for that??? I just put new bearing on it also. Nice upgrade.

How many runs do you have on it? The diffs in these need to be broken in. Do this by holding one wheel and let the other run up to full throttle a few times. Then do the other side. Don't do this too long or you can overheat the diff.

HTH.

blazew0n 02-04-2007 07:46 PM

i have done that, i will break it in some more to see if that solves it.

Checkpointracer 02-04-2007 07:50 PM

I've broken two things on my micro t.

blazew0n 02-05-2007 12:02 AM

Still can't figure out why it does a 180 after stopping, any other suggestions??? So far i have broken in the diff, I have run the car at least 15-20 charges and checked for hairs stuck on the wheels. Ok everytime i run the car straight and let off the throttle, it turns right... could someone point me in a directons with that info. Here is a small clip on what i'm talking about, it's not the best vid but hope it helps.[link]http://media.putfile.com/Micro-T-99[/link]

Velocity-8 02-05-2007 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: blazew0n

Still can't figure out why it does a 180 after stopping, any other suggestions??? So far i have broken in the diff, I have run the car at least 15-20 charges and checked for hairs stuck on the wheels. Ok everytime i run the car straight and let off the throttle, it turns right... could someone point me in a directons with that info. Here is a small clip on what i'm talking about, it's not the best vid but hope it helps.[link]http://media.putfile.com/Micro-T-99[/link]

I can't see anything in the video - too dark. Try adjusting the throttle trim maybe? Something is causing braking like when you slam it in reverse to do a 180 on purpose. Just a thought.

Juanitoloco 02-13-2007 02:19 AM

charge time 20 min run time 4 min