RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   Best Upgrades For Mini LST (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/7265624-best-upgrades-mini-lst.html)

mj-09 03-22-2008 02:53 PM

Best Upgrades For Mini LST

What are the best upgrades???

Haulin Azz 03-22-2008 03:06 PM

RE: Best Upgrades For Mini LST

1 Attachment(s)
the bronko body and dirt tires!!!

WisPete 03-22-2008 06:36 PM

If it's a first generation MLST, then upgrading to MLST2 diffs is where I would start.

My favorite mod that I've done to mine so far is the Exotek chassis, though. Single servo steering is a big improvement, especially off-road.

nitrosportsandrunner 03-22-2008 08:14 PM

i have the stock motors, but use a intelect 1400mah 6cell battery. adds alittle power and far better runtime than stock
i snagged nearly new front/rear/center diff off ebay to replace mine if/when they fail.

Haulin Azz 03-22-2008 08:22 PM

i upgraded my front dogbones to cvds because, my third video i made, the very last jump i snapped a front axle

dustinbleh 03-22-2008 10:00 PM

I agree, if its a MLST and not a MLST2, then definitely upgrade the front and rear diffs to either the mlst2 diffs or the viscous diffs, either are good. i wouldnt bother switching out the center diff until you have problems with it.. but when you do, by either a good MIP ball diff or the team losi ball diff.

Next, i would upgrade the battery, to either LiPo (Dynamite has a good 7.4v lipo for aroung $60 made specifically for the mlst/mini-t, and so does commonsenserc.com), or a good NiMh..

then the motors (I had the insane motors and they were pretty fun).. you can always do brushless also, just keep in mind you may want to get a motor with a larger can size to handle the size and weight of the MLST/2..(I've heard good things about the wraithe 7k but have not personally used it)

and i would also highly reccomend the exotek single servo chassis, its wayyyy better then the, um, crappy stock servo setup (which is pitiful)

dustinbleh 03-22-2008 10:03 PM

oops, accidentily pressed ENTER.. lol..

but what i was going to say, was that all of the aluminum stuff is unneccessary in my opinion.. but then again i usually either use my stuff for racing or bashing..and when you jump alot and like to bash, aluminum doesnt have the give that plastic does and it bends somewhat easily..

however, if you are building a shelf queen, then go for it!

No matter what you do with this truck, i guarantee you will have fun with it.. i LOVE my mlst2.. and no way would i get rid of it!

Kloft 06-27-2008 09:56 PM

will someone plz tell me if i could put the megatech high speed motor for pro pulses or watever in my mini lst

dustinbleh 06-27-2008 11:22 PM

what size is the motor? as long as it is a 370 motor, you will have no problem fitting in the mlst. the only modification you may have to do, is put a different motor connector on it.. otherwise, it should be fine!

Kloft 06-28-2008 05:59 PM

ok, thanks dustinbleh, it is a 370 i was just wondering if the esc could handle the really high rpms

Kloft 06-28-2008 06:13 PM

OH MAN!!! every time i look at my mini lst i cant believe how stupid i am! i was goin full speed down a pretty steep road beside my house and for some wierd reason i thought i could take a sharp turn onto the gravel road that goes to my house, BIG mistake! it flipped and rolled all the way down the road!!! my cars completely totalled including a servo that somehow came flying out of the chassis and almost ripped the wire right off.

dacaur 06-28-2008 06:47 PM

ouch....

Kloft 06-29-2008 05:07 PM

yea, i know! im a little happier now because i traded my dad my traxxas stampede xl5 for his mini lst its not a big loss considering im keeping the radio and reciever. i guess i can always just use my other lsts surviving parts and pieces if i break anything.... plus my dad put lst2 diffs in it, alluminum front arms and a brand new body, yea i guess im alot happier now.

Kloft 06-29-2008 05:36 PM

does anyone know anything about this motor? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGSZ5&P=SM