RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   looking for a small rc car/truck which to get? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8518348-looking-small-rc-car-truck-get.html)

olkleaf 02-25-2009 07:33 PM

looking for a small rc car/truck which to get?

well i nitro touring car guy and during the off season it gets pretty boring. i don't like to run my cars in the cold and the track is closed in the winter.

so im looking for a car... most likely a small electric truck that i can run when the weather isn't nice out side and in the off season. something i can play with in my basement. some thing tough that i can run into a wall at full speed an nothing will happed to it.(im not that bad of a driver just want to get a point across:D) probly something that is rtr and simple to use. does't have to be very fast but if i take it out side to run it it wont look like a slug copared to my vone. i already have a dynamite prophet peak charger so maybe some thing that will work with that charger.

thanks every one in advance for responding and taking a look.

desitdt 02-25-2009 08:05 PM

RE: looking for a small rc car/truck which to get?

rc18t, pro pulse

minis 02-25-2009 08:06 PM

mini dt

Smiff 24 02-25-2009 08:30 PM

vendetta....4wd or vendetta tc,
mini-t........2wd (the one that popularized the 18th craze)

olkleaf 02-26-2009 08:21 AM

i like the looks of the rc18t b/c of the 4wd.. umm how does it handle? are there any commen problems with the car?

sunco1 02-26-2009 08:31 AM

i have no problems with mine. Its very quick out of the box to

KRO 02-26-2009 09:41 AM

Wait and get the Mini E REVO or Mini Slayer , both are waterproof and the Mini E REVO is brushless right out of the box .

They are supposed to be released in late March or early April ....

maybelater29 02-26-2009 10:40 AM

ORIGINAL: KRO

Wait and get the Mini E REVO or Mini Slayer , both are waterproof and the Mini E REVO is brushless right out of the box .

They are supposed to be released in late March or early April ....
For what he wants to do with them I think the Traxxas Mini's will be too big. I would go with the RC18 line or Xray if you don't mind ordering online...unless you're lucky and have a LHS that carries xray in stock....anyway; the RC18 has some steering issues that can be fixed with a DP drag link and a spring around the servo saver....other than that it's nice out of the box....the Xray's don't have the steering issue, to me are a bit better quility.

KRO 02-26-2009 11:08 AM

For what he wants to do with them I think the Traxxas Mini's will be too small. I would go with the RC18 line or Xray if you don't mind ordering online...unless you're lucky and have a LHS that carries xray in stock....anyway; the RC18 has some steering issues that can be fixed with a DP drag link and a spring around the servo saver....other than that it's nice out of the box....the Xray's don't have the steering issue, to me are a bit better quility.
Ok .... The Traxxas minis are going to be 1/16 which makes them bigger than the RC18 or the X RAY ?

The RC18 has quite a few problems that need to be addressed right outta the box (steering,diffs,CVD's,toe links, ect. Not knocking it just stating my expirence with mine , I made mine darn near bullitproof but it was pretty weak stock .

The X RAY is a good truck but if you get the RTR you will need too mod/upgrade it too to make it strong , if you get the pro kit you get most of the good hop ups but then your paying almost what an RTR Mini E REVO is going to cost and you still need a radio system and motor/ESC for the car .

maybelater29 02-26-2009 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: KRO

For what he wants to do with them I think the Traxxas Mini's will be too small. I would go with the RC18 line or Xray if you don't mind ordering online...unless you're lucky and have a LHS that carries xray in stock....anyway; the RC18 has some steering issues that can be fixed with a DP drag link and a spring around the servo saver....other than that it's nice out of the box....the Xray's don't have the steering issue, to me are a bit better quility.
Ok .... The Traxxas minis are going to be 1/16 which makes them bigger than the RC18 or the X RAY ?

The RC18 has quite a few problems that need to be addressed right outta the box (steering,diffs,CVD's,toe links, ect. Not knocking it just stating my expirence with mine , I made mine darn near bullitproof but it was pretty weak stock .

The X RAY is a good truck but if you get the RTR you will need too mod/upgrade it too to make it strong , if you get the pro kit you get most of the good hop ups but then your paying almost what an RTR Mini E REVO is going to cost and you still need a radio system and motor/ESC for the car .
the upgrades you have listed are needed if you're going to upgrade motor and battery...if you are running box stock those things aren't needed...just my exp. with both of them. Even brushless on my Xray I have only upgraded the CVD's....that's it.

DarkHorse 02-26-2009 12:51 PM

> Even brushless on my Xray I have only upgraded the CVD's....that's it.
Same experience as mine back last year ;). I even ran plastic CVDs for quite a while brushless and that was 3 cell lipo 11.1v m18t, just had to avoid high speed jump landings with the break on hard.
Oh and the RTR xray electrics are worth having too, RTR's require a charger though.

Moustafa 02-26-2009 02:30 PM

What? That makes no sense. The Mini E Revo is 1/16th scale and the rc18t is 1/18th. So it's not going to be too small. I have the Vendetta ST and the rc18T and the Vendetta is bigger then the 18T by quite a bit in the dimensions.

maybelater29 02-26-2009 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Moustafa

What? That makes no sense. The Mini E Revo is 1/16th scale and the rc18t is 1/18th. So it's not going to be too small. I have the Vendetta ST and the rc18T and the Vendetta is bigger then the 18T by quite a bit in the dimensions.
I just saw that I typed that....2 houghts going on at the same time in my head...never leads to good things.

Moustafa 02-26-2009 02:54 PM

Yeah, it's all good though. I'm trying to get rid of my Brand new MLST2 because I want to have patience with the Mini E Revo. Like other posts, I hope Traxxas has read forums and are going to make it strong enough to run the stock brushless without many problems. I think it'll be worth the $300 for it. I haven't had a traxxas before but I hear decent things about them. Waterproofed electronics is a nice bonus as well and their support is very good I hear too.

olkleaf 02-26-2009 07:10 PM

i think i should get an 1/18 scale. i saw that they have a rc18t kit... i love to build kits. but the thing im worryed about is that i dont have much money to use on a motor and ESC. if i get the kit. (all my money goes to my touring car)

does the kit have the same problems as the rtr version ( i think i read on one of the post that thr rtr verison has handleing issues out of the box)

the thing about x ray is that where am i suppose to find parts for it if i break something (it should be rare to break something couse its xray but just in case)

maybelater29 02-26-2009 11:03 PM

Yes, the RC18t kit has the same steering issues,,,as for Xray parts...www.rcxray.com....great guy(he posts on here) fast shipping and good prices. If you go with the xray you can get the [link=http://www.rcxray.com/m18t/]kit[/link] or you can get the M18T with power pack pro (esc, motor, servo and battery) for around $200.00

bubble27 02-27-2009 08:44 AM

Woops! my bad :)

thanks for the correction heh

maybelater29 02-27-2009 08:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bubble27

my vote says mini hyper st!!

its not as big as the RC10T but then again its a 4WD!

believe me if you go with 2wd it has to be BIG....you know like the Baja 1/5 cause otherwise its not very contrable (not mulit terrain)

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Photo0115.jpg
You might want to re-read the OP.....small, electric for his basement...The Mini Hyper ST is a nice truck...I just know it's way off the topic.

olkleaf 02-27-2009 03:10 PM

the mt18t looks very nice. well probly get the rtr version. it will be easyer and problay cheaper then the kit.
im i see if there are any on ebay too might get a good deal[>:]:D

DarkHorse 02-28-2009 01:34 AM

> it should be rare to break something couse its xray
Well I wouldn't say that, whilst better than the competition xray still have to make some money from you or they'd go out of business pretty quick;). The design and quality of the package is a good one, check the balanced info and links in this good active Xray m18t M-18MT R-T-R thread and search on here for m18t Pro kit info [8D].

Tsal 04-02-2009 01:42 PM

I have a great deal pretty much giving it away. I was in a motorcycle accident and I need new teeth.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...e-package.html