RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

J0EC00L 04-05-2010 11:21 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Nice Track Brian and Summa!

Lucky you guys!

Im in the military, so if i'm ever having to go to VA for some training... i'll be sure to book a spot at the track ahead of time. though, it may require me mailing my R/C to you, since i obviously can't take it with me; and go on a day's worth of running, only to have to mail it back! Probably cost me around 75 bucks total, but it'd be worth every penny! :)

P.S. My "BERV" Big E-Revo is a project right now. Lets just say, it may look a little familiar, with a few hidden secrets...

JOE

brianjskora 04-06-2010 11:19 AM

Here's the one i used when I had that servo http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XCRT5&P=ML

hghflyrjd1 04-06-2010 11:27 AM

?????? no pic?

brianjskora 04-06-2010 05:17 PM

hghflyer, sorry didnt paste the link, check the link above now.

Anyone interested in two 3s batteries. I just dont use them anymore. I have tape on them to help keep them weatherproof, but they work fine. These have probably about10-15 runs, probably less. I'd sell both for $30 with free shipping

Also 2 stock traxxas batteries, 1 is pretty beat up from a fall onto the asphault when battery door popped open, the other one has normal wear and tear. Both work fine, and probably have under 20 runs on each. I got lipo's pretty quickly. Both $15 free shipping

Summa's track is sweet. It is quite challenging though. It will take alot of track time to get it down.

One finaly note...

I'm pretty mad right now at the toyz.
I returned a few items one of my RC's because they were listed as a fit for my rc, but they were for another, similar model and did not fit. I contacted them, and they said it would be fine to return.
Isent the parts back a month ago. I received one email saying they got the return in, but they couldnt find my email with why i returned them. I forwarded them our discussion that we had a week previously and never heard back.
Last week, I emailed them asking when I may see a refund, and heard nothing. I emailed them again 2 days ago... still have heard nothing. Over $50 in parts that didnt fit, and no refund... yet. I dont mind the time, just the lack of contact. I will call them tomorrow I guess, but that really gets on my nerves.

kukkudo 04-06-2010 10:40 PM

Wheres the cheapest place to get a the new 2.4 revo vxl's?

coreysumma 04-07-2010 06:40 AM

Hey Skora, can I get you or your pops to soder my ESC.   Tried one connector at work and it was a no go hah.   Couldnt get it to work for me, dont thing we had the right tools and no how to do the job.

hghflyrjd1 04-07-2010 07:05 AM

Most Places r back ordered for the 2.4 VXL look around but u can get the regular radio system Merv anywhere right now.Check towerhobbies.com they have deals and savings codes.

brianjskora 04-07-2010 07:18 AM

Yea man. I can even do it tonight, I redid mine yesterday to shorten it. You work tonight?</p>

Topplayer 04-07-2010 12:43 PM

thetoyz.com just came out with an widener kit
http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...201/16%20REVO#
what do you guys think about this?

gforce2148 04-07-2010 01:45 PM

I could see maybe using the Widener Kit if you were running stock tires and wheels. But I don't see a point to need it really. Iam running the Proline Titus Beadlocks with Dirt Hawg tires which widens the Merv's stance already. I think if you used the widening kit with heavier tires like those you might be proned to breakage. Your suspension and hubs will be more vulnerable with the wheels set out even further. Also, how wide dowe need to go with these Mervs? Ifwe don't wantthem to flip on the street cornering, we shouldn't be running tires that grip so good. LOL! There is my 2 cents. :)

hghflyrjd1 04-07-2010 01:52 PM

yea thats alil over kill if u got upgraded wheels.But good to know about.

brianjskora 04-07-2010 02:13 PM

I agree, I'd use them on a stock wheel offset or something.My buddy got the ones on ebay for 16 i think, but I think with a rim already offset, these make it too wide.

Topplayer 04-07-2010 02:29 PM

sounds good, Most people are running 23T with the Proline Beadlock? I am but It is still getting alittle warm. It was 85 atleast today but i think the motor should still be under 200f. today after one run (2 stock packs in parallel) my motor got up to 205f

hghflyrjd1 04-07-2010 02:32 PM

im using a 19t and no issues on regular stuff street, grass, etc havent went on real loose stuff yet much,

Topplayer 04-07-2010 03:27 PM

What kind of bats are you running? lipo? i use stock packs in parallel.

hghflyrjd1 04-07-2010 03:28 PM

yes 3s 1800 zippy just got some 2s 2200

Topplayer 04-07-2010 03:31 PM

hmm 23t should be good i tried a 21t and it was super slow

hghflyrjd1 04-07-2010 03:36 PM

super slow with a 21t???? lipos????

Topplayer 04-07-2010 04:17 PM

no lipos, Just stock packs in parallel. I really thought 23t would be good.
with the 21t i was barely faster than my stock merv in training mode lol

HidosDeBrazil 04-07-2010 05:03 PM

So If I'm running a 3s lipo run a 50/23 and for 2s 31/45. This week I'm running my revo in the sand with 3s should I go down on the pinon due to low traction?

J0EC00L 04-07-2010 11:40 PM

hey guys...

I have an extra mamba monster and 2200KV brushless motor combo... accidentaly won it, not thinking i would. If you've got a BERv (Big E-Revo) or want to buld one from a roller. See me, i'd give you a decent deal. I'm trying to sell it on the forums and ebay right now for what i paid. Will lose money on ebay, since i have to pay fee, but should break even on these forums if it sells.

My MERV is coming along. I got the steering components in today, so i was able to get that back up and running. I also installed the Delrin Rockers to give them a shot. My bearings are a little rusted... it's the salt air out here, and any moister just shreds unprotected metal! I put fronts on the front and rear - which, actually does help the rear stance out a bit. It sits a little higher than it did, and i don't have to pre-load those rears so much. I have too much weight back there anyways, with the mamba max and all. Thank god this ESC runs a little cooler, and keeps the motor cooler too. I pretty much have to run 3S lipos now, 2S just seems a little slower than before; but 4S - WOW! I wonder if our stock motors can truly handle 4S? I only made about 10 or so passes with 4S, but it was ridiculously quick! Wheely popping on command even at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, punch it and it lifted. The rear bumpers i have act as great skid plates/wheelie bars; so i'm not able to do back flips; which, i think is truly a good thing anyways.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of my internal set up.

Joe

J0EC00L 04-08-2010 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,
here's a few more recent photos of my Mamba Max Pro setup. I've got the delrin front rockers on the front and rear. I also installed the front and rear T-Bone bumpers... separate from the actual "one-piece" chassis brace with front and rear bumpers attached. The chassis brace was a great idea, and i miss it's true functionality, but it was tedious having to remove all the screws and spacers just to clean or check the drive line.

Notice the rear sits much higher now, with front rockers... definitely no need for alot of pre-load, and the car's suspension just feels better. Also, some additional detail was paid to the battery doors and painting screws silver to protect better from weather elements and look a little better in my opinion.

hghflyrjd1 04-09-2010 03:35 AM

Just ordered my Front t-bone bumper.

hghflyrjd1 04-09-2010 12:07 PM

ok guys this is alil annoying.I just replaced my second diff ring and pinion in the past 4 days so i finally break down and cry to traxxas and they are sending me the new bulk heads with the screw..And new diffs.this time i replace it and i hear it right ways again..this time the rear not the front.im not sure whats up this is getting to me alil cause i even shimmed behind the pinion gear?

J0EC00L 04-09-2010 03:29 PM

it may be due to your driving? You have to remember that when you land hard, don't be at full throttle... also, putting a little grease on the gears helps with the metal on metal issues. Remember that these gears are turning at very high revolutions per second when you're in full throttle. Think about it - 1/16 scale doing 50MPH!!! Grease helps keep the temps down a little better, as well, it prevents potential tooth shredding acting as a lubricant and protection.

Lastly, the shims may actually be the problem in your situation. Remove the shims, and apply a little grease; finally, use the bulkheads with the screw.

Hopefully you'll fix the issue you're having. aside from that, maybe you're the one person to get 2 rotten apples from the differential fairy - i can only assume she won't leave you 3???

:)

Joe