RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

andrewmac 06-30-2009 02:00 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

I just put in the second Nimh pack and this thing is REALLY fast. It is just what I had been waiting for!!!

Aloha Flyer 06-30-2009 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: cobra26

ORIGINAL: dacaur

Wow... whoever said this thing needs a computer radio is definatly right.... Its seriously not controllalble even with the stock pack (at least, with a heavy trigger finger anyway :D).... I cant imagine how you guys are driving with 3 cells or 2 nimh packs... insain.... Time to install my dx3s....:D

I have to differ with you on the radio. Both my son and I got 1/16th E-Revos. He has total control and I am all over the place with mine. We switched vehicles for a few minutes because I felt my radio was inadequate and I wanted him to try it out. He drove mine as well as he drove his, with perfect control. On the other hand, I was just as ''squirrely'' with his as I had been with mine. Conclusion: it is the driver. Quite simply, his reflexes and ability to control are much better than mine. It hurts to admit it, but he is a much better driver than I am. There really is nothing wrong with our supplied radios. A computer radio may help the less accomplished driver with expo, but a good driver will make the Traxxas radio appear superior.
My primary reasons for switching from the stock TQ to my Futaba 2.4Mhz 3PM are:
1. In my neighborhood, my range is only 25-50ft in either direction on AM & FM modulation
2. When in street bashing mode, the transmitter's turning radius is too short
3. When in street bashing 50+mph mode, it is difficult to maintain a LOW-SPEED crawl then transition throughout the speed range. The vehicle darts and stands up in wheelies when NOT desired.
4. The stock TQ feels confining to me.

The stock TQ radio is suited for those who do MOST of their traveling in dirt where excessive movements can be obsorbed in the environment. Use the TQ in 50mph mode in a short or medium course mixed on/off road track and the lack of precision becomes apparent.

No need to bash computer radios.....it makes the poor driver better when programmed properly and the good driver GREAT. How many great RC circuit drivers do you see with a Traxxas TQ?
MY conclusion: You BOTH need computer radios...Why? YOU need to program yours more effective and YOUR SON needs to hone his talents and go to the next level since he can control that truck with a TQ :)

MuggyDude 06-30-2009 04:03 PM

Guys, I need your help. For all of you who use 3s lipo and have a charger that shows the voltage of the battery, how many volts are on the batt after the lvc kicks in on the truck and you go to charge the battery? I need this to figure out if my LVC is working.

strangeperson 06-30-2009 04:06 PM

GOLDSNIPER 06-30-2009 04:10 PM

I heard the Hitec HS-85MG fit's perfectly:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXN685&P=ML

TRXRUSTLER 06-30-2009 05:51 PM

I just bought a mini erevo and every time I drive my truck it starts to twitch really bad when it gets about ten feet away from me. Everything is stock and I tried a different battery and it still does it so I don't know what to do. I wonder if the receiver is damaged from the factory or something Im not sure. Any help would be good.

Thanks, Chris

Aloha Flyer 06-30-2009 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

Guys, I need your help. For all of you who use 3s lipo and have a charger that shows the voltage of the battery, how many volts are on the batt after the lvc kicks in on the truck and you go to charge the battery? I need this to figure out if my LVC is working.
Most lvc's kick in just before 3v per cell. I suspect this ESC to kick in at 10v. My guess....

ORIGINAL: TRXRUSTLER

I just bought a mini erevo and every time I drive my truck it starts to twitch really bad when it gets about ten feet away from me. Everything is stock and I tried a different battery and it still does it so I don't know what to do. I wonder if the receiver is damaged from the factory or something Im not sure. Any help would be good.
Obviously, a problem with frequency communication. Your problem could be in EITHER ANTENNA ie transmitter or receiver. Would check for damage in the receiver wire or if the TQ TX antenna is securely screwed in. After that I think you'll need an extra TX or RX to test OR....at that point simply call Traxxas. My guess....

sunco1 06-30-2009 07:05 PM

I guess no one wants to talk about decent tires

pnut 06-30-2009 08:20 PM

What frequencies are what body colors? Traxxas website does not make this clear. Thanks.

MuggyDude 06-30-2009 08:21 PM

I need exact answers, not a guess.

mycarisaser 06-30-2009 08:34 PM

resting voltage should be in the mid to high 10volt range . If its lower tha that I would be woried

mycarisaser 06-30-2009 08:37 PM

Forget to add a finished voltage is going to differ from one battery to another depending on how good it is. So you cant get an exact #. So look for the mid t high 10 volt range for a 3s lipo

Aloha Flyer 06-30-2009 09:12 PM

I need exact answers, not a guess.
Sorry...:(

MuggyDude 06-30-2009 09:15 PM

That's fine, I don't mean it in an angry or bad way, just facts!

Aloha Flyer 06-30-2009 09:20 PM

That's fine, I don't mean it in an angry or bad way, just facts!
I-ight! :)

HardWyrd 06-30-2009 09:39 PM

Sorry Im talking about the bulkhead. I got mud /water inside the bulkhead case. The grease in the front ring gear and pinion gear was fine. The back ring and pinion needed grease. I'ts all good now:D

dacaur 06-30-2009 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: pnut

What frequencies are what body colors? Traxxas website does not make this clear. Thanks.
2= red stripes with some silver
4= silver stripes with some red (opposite of 2 red parts are silver, silver parts are red)
5= silver stripes with blue
6= blue stripes with silver. (opposite of 5)

Wild YFZ 450 06-30-2009 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: cobra26

ORIGINAL: dacaur

Wow... whoever said this thing needs a computer radio is definatly right.... Its seriously not controllalble even with the stock pack (at least, with a heavy trigger finger anyway :D).... I cant imagine how you guys are driving with 3 cells or 2 nimh packs... insain.... Time to install my dx3s....:D

I have to differ with you on the radio. Both my son and I got 1/16th E-Revos. He has total control and I am all over the place with mine. We switched vehicles for a few minutes because I felt my radio was inadequate and I wanted him to try it out. He drove mine as well as he drove his, with perfect control. On the other hand, I was just as ''squirrely'' with his as I had been with mine. Conclusion: it is the driver. Quite simply, his reflexes and ability to control are much better than mine. It hurts to admit it, but he is a much better driver than I am. There really is nothing wrong with our supplied radios. A computer radio may help the less accomplished driver with expo, but a good driver will make the Traxxas radio appear superior.
Wow,:eek: If the Traxxas Radio is so superior how come I don't see any pros running it? Why are they all using computer radios? I guess im a Less accomplished driver because I use the settings in my DX3R... I mean I guess I should use my stock TQ radios that have 30 feet of range and pretty much no settings, I could have sworn I was always doing something wrong.[X(]

HardWyrd 06-30-2009 10:15 PM

DUDE CHILL !!!!!! The guy did'nt say that Traxxas Radio was superior. He knows and We all know that a computer raido is better. So he's right! It's the driver not the radio. A pro like Hara or Ryan Cavalieri could spank your *****. using a Traxxas radio.

Luvs2Bash 06-30-2009 10:18 PM

I agree that if you want to do anything other than backyard bashing, you need a computer radio for this bad boy. This is the first car I have ran a non stock radio in, and it has made a huge difference. I wish I would have had it for my rustler VXL, it would have helped. The range is poor and mine was getting pretty glitchy. I had to use zip ties to install the old receiver that I got with my radio, so it's not waterproofed until I get one of the smaller newer receivers, but it is worth it even if I have to avoid running through the oh so fun puddles around.

-J- 06-30-2009 10:23 PM

How are you guys cleaning your trucks? Would it be okay just spraying it down with the hose with the electronics still installed? If I did spray it down with the hose, what would I need to re-lube to keep everything smooth? Is it possible to get sand/dust into your shocks?

dacaur 06-30-2009 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: -J-

How are you guys cleaning your trucks? Would it be okay just spraying it down with the hose with the electronics still installed? If I did spray it down with the hose, what would I need to re-lube to keep everything smooth? Is it possible to get sand/dust into your shocks?
DONT spray it. You can let the hose run over it, but don't use a nozzle or your thumb to increase pressure... (So many questions can be answered if you just RTFM, This one is on page 19)

ORIGINAL: page 19 in the manual

After Running Your Vehicle in Wet Conditions
1. Drain the tires by spinning the tires at full throttle to “sling” the water
out. An easy way to do this is to remove the body and set the truck
upside down on a flat surface. Apply full throttle so the tires spin and
throw the excess water out of the holes you cut into the tires.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Rinse excess dirt and mud off the truck with low-pressure water, such
as from a garden hose. Do NOT use pressure washer or other high pressure
water. Avoid directing water into the bearings, transmission,
differentials, etc.
4. Blow off the truck with compressed air (optional, but recommended).
Wear safety glasses when using compressed air.
5. Remove the wheels from the truck
6. Spray all the bearings, drivetrain, and fasteners with WD-40® or similar
water displacing light oil

Aloha Flyer 06-30-2009 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: HardWyrd

DUDE CHILL !!!!!! The guy did'nt say that Traxxas Radio was superior. He knows and We all know that a computer raido is better. So he's right! It's the driver not the radio. A pro like Hara or Ryan Cavalieri could spank your *****. using a Traxxas radio.
One thing is for sure......My best chance to beat any PRO will be when they have the TQ radio and I have the computer radio. Never the other way around! :D

MuggyDude 06-30-2009 11:11 PM

Yeah, read the manual. If you ran it in deep mud or really dirty water you can gently hose it off, then you should dry all the water you can with some paper towel and then use some compressed air (computer duster cans work great if you don't have an air compressor) to blow off the rest of the water from the nooks and crannys. After that it's a good idea to spray all the bearings and metal driveline parts with WD-40. You shouldn't get any sand or dust in your shocks, unless you have a giant hole through the middle of them.[>:]

MuggyDude 06-30-2009 11:12 PM

Bet a pro[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] Or you beat a pro![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]