RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

squeaky penguin 10-16-2009 05:27 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: MuggyDude

I need to get a 2s lipo, it's too slow with parallel 6 cells. I have the rear buggy wheels and goosebumps. Plus a bunch of other stuff/ You're really a nice driver, but I think that the nue and cc esc really help. Might have to throw in my mm.
You definitly need the lipos to get the amprage the Brushless system craves. As I mention before, I had the ESC programmed with my Castle Link to just about as restriced as you can get. With the stock motor and the ESC on higher settings, the power isn't too much different.

The ESC does make a ton of difference. I reccomend that to be the first upgrade everyone should make. I really could care less about roll-cages, aluminum shocks, or aluminum tire-rods: they cost a lot of money and don't thruthfully do anything to help the car. Sell the stocker on Ebay, and get a 1/10th scale Sidewinder or something similar. As soon as you put it in on a stock truck, you get better runtimes, more power, and substantialy less heat. I joke that Traxxas can't make an ESC work right, so they put a Thermal Shutdown on it so it shuts down before it goes up in smoke. I have never seen a poorer working ESC...

MuggyDude 10-16-2009 09:36 PM

I know that it performs a lot better with the lipos, I have a couple zippy 3s lipos. They are awesome and with a center diff I could run them on the track, but it just overheats too much and is harder to control. I'm currently trying to sell my 1/10 slash as a roller and then sell its vxl motor, but keep my MM ESC because I plan on getting the new Slash 4x4 and putting it in that. Seeing as how that won't be out untill December, I think I'm going to throw it in my merv and see how I like it. Might get a 1/10 sidewinder later and switch it out with the mm. I might ask for a few elctric items for Christmas ;);) !

mycarisaser 10-17-2009 08:22 PM

I am haveing esc and motor heat issues. I am bone stock but I did take it down one tooth on the pinion. in about 10mins of running I get up to about 165°F on both the motor and esc. No matter how I run it gets hot. I have even cut a hole in the window to help air flow.

squeaky penguin 10-18-2009 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

I am haveing esc and motor heat issues. I am bone stock but I did take it down one tooth on the pinion. in about 10mins of running I get up to about 165°F on both the motor and esc. No matter how I run it gets hot. I have even cut a hole in the window to help air flow.
That's the stock piece of junk ESC causing your issues. Some peopele mask the issue by putting a fan over the esc and/or motor, but the only way to truly fix it is to buy a better ESC. Again, I love my 1/10 Sidewinder, it gives you more power, better runtimes, and it really does fix the heat issues.

mycarisaser 10-18-2009 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: squeaky penguin

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

That's the stock piece of junk ESC causing your issues. Some peopele mask the issue by putting a fan over the esc and/or motor, but the only way to truly fix it is to buy a better ESC. Again, I love my 1/10 Sidewinder, it gives you more power, better runtimes, and it really does fix the heat issues.

Guess I will be needing an esc then. Off shoping I will go

revo_sbs 10-18-2009 08:37 PM

Yes Squeaky. I second that motion Mamba Sidewinder 1/10 all the way!!!!

Specialzed 10-18-2009 08:44 PM

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...00mAh_3S1P_20C

Will this fit?

bluesrt4ever 10-18-2009 10:30 PM

After a day of hard jumps no damage, then a minor cartwheel and it sounded like the motor got loose or tight or sand in the gear. Well the gear mesh is fine, no grinding noise with the motor gear loose. only grinds under power. sounds like a grind/clicking noise. Any one know what this could be? Also the there is no grinding when the truck is just rolling, only under power

MuggyDude 10-18-2009 10:34 PM

diffs? motor?

xxSLiMxx 10-18-2009 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: bluesrt4ever

After a day of hard jumps no damage, then a minor cartwheel and it sounded like the motor got loose or tight or sand in the gear. Well the gear mesh is fine, no grinding noise with the motor gear loose. only grinds under power. sounds like a grind/clicking noise. Any one know what this could be? Also the there is no grinding when the truck is just rolling, only under power

100% its one of your ring and pinions on the diffs. I just had this problem and i fixed it on mine!

bluesrt4ever 10-18-2009 10:46 PM

Thanks, Im sure the motor is ok. How do i check to see if its the ring/pinions, do i need parts? sorry im dont know anything about the diffs lol

xxSLiMxx 10-18-2009 10:55 PM

Thanks, Im sure the motor is ok. How do i check to see if its the ring/pinions, do i need parts? sorry im dont know anything about the diffs lol
Pull apart the front first and have a look at the teeth on them both, I bet you the pinion gear is worn down. I couldnt tell unless i had a new one beside it. You will need to replace them (diff ring & pinion) dont just do one. Then put back together. There is a chance its the rear but i doubt it.

bluesrt4ever 10-18-2009 10:59 PM

So this is from normal ware? Or caused buy hard landings on jumps. The truck only has a few runs.

xxSLiMxx 10-18-2009 11:04 PM

So this is from normal ware? Or caused buy hard landings on jumps. The truck only has a few runs.
Im sure its from hard landings, hard take offs and breaking. Keep in mind the diffs are not held inplace very well...I sure there is some play due to the poor designs in the bulkheads.

bluesrt4ever 10-18-2009 11:30 PM

So looking at the part guide, i need #7079 Ring gear,Differntial/pinion gear,differential at $12.00 right?

PrjctStrtFrce 10-19-2009 08:55 AM

You may as well go on ebay and get a brand new bulkhead assembly with everything you need and some other parts for future breakage.

xxSLiMxx 10-19-2009 11:13 AM

So looking at the part guide, i need #7079 Ring gear,Differntial/pinion gear,differential at $12.00 right?
Yup, thats the one. I would get 2 of them incase ur rear is worn down too, if its not then you have a spare.

riburgos 10-19-2009 02:50 PM

Where would be the best place(price) to get this Sidewinder 1/10 esc? Whats a good price? Thanks guys

t9dragon 10-19-2009 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: riburgos

Where would be the best place(price) to get this Sidewinder 1/10 esc? Whats a good price? Thanks guys
Maybe Ebay........

xxSLiMxx 10-19-2009 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: riburgos

eBay, or try the for sale threads on any RC forum.

Specialzed 10-19-2009 05:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Specialzed

Will this fit?
Lets try this again, will anyone help?

xxSLiMxx 10-19-2009 05:27 PM

Will this fit?
I belevie so. Search the size of the battery tray on the MERV and see if it will. Its amazing what you can find on the interweb these days.

squeaky penguin 10-19-2009 05:29 PM

Will this fit?
No, it will not fit. It will be too thick where the battery box narrows as the ends. I have a Turnigy 3S 1800 and it might fit if I cut the entire end of the battery box off and figure out a way to hold the battery in.

riburgos 10-19-2009 07:50 PM

About the sidewinder 1/10, if I search for that i get couple results, I get mamba sidewinder 1/10 and castle creations sidewinder, are they the samething? is there a particular model of this esc or brand? I found one without the motor for 69 bucks! does that price sounds right? Thanks guys and sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm new to this!!

csp1971 10-19-2009 08:03 PM

Will this fit?

I'm using this one in mine:

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=6307

As for the 1800mah, it looks like there is a 1mm difference in height. I'll try and look this evening to see if that extra 1mm will make any difference.