RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

DriftTatanka 11-07-2009 08:47 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: DriftTatanka

I read a guide somewhere(probably this forum) these would fit:

Traxxas Front Light Wheel 2.2'' Dyeable

I want to know if they fit without any modifications. I recently got a set of OFNA BBT whees only to find out the hex slot needed to be dremeled to keep it from rubbing on the steering knuckle.

It also had to be dremeled in the front of the tire because the lock nut was not biting the screw enough because the rims plastic was so thick.

I fixed it and it's fit fine now. I don't have every tool unfortunately so sometimes I'd rather not modify anything.

These wheels:
Traxxas Front Light Wheel 2.2'' Dyeable

I plan on sticking buggy tires on these.

Do they fit without any type modifications or dremeling?

I really wish they made a list of wheels that fit without modifications.

Both of the links you posted are for Traxxas 2.2 rear wheels.
What I was asking was if theTraxxas Front Light Wheel 2.2'' Dyeable on my e revo 1/16 without any modifications. I recently got a set of OFNA BBT wheels only to find out the hex slot needed to be dremeled to keep it from rubbing on the steering knuckle. Some traxxas wheels might need the same mod to keepo them from rubbing.

mini-dude 11-08-2009 12:31 AM

your links DONOTwork http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...n/rolleyes.gif

ultimately it comes down to the fact that if the specific wheels you are looking at are not designed or intened to be installed on a specific vehicle you will have to do some modifications.
just because the wheels are made by traxxas does not mean they are intended to fit ALL traxxas vehicles.

DriftTatanka 11-08-2009 05:12 AM

The original post with the links works. You quoted<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 11px; color: rgb(80, 80, 80); -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; ">t9dragon's post which has a quoted copy of my original post with the old links that do not work, i can't change his post. My original links one.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Also, I see where your going. I am asking if these wheelsfit without modification or not. If you don't know you don't know. I am hoping that someone who owns these wheels on here and used them knows for sure.<br type="_moz" /></span>

mini-dude 11-08-2009 09:43 AM

<center><font color="#ff0000">NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT</font></center><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tbody> <tr> <td nowrap="nowrap" width="450"> <pre>These are the rear wheels used on the Traxxas monster trucks (LS II, Hawk,Nitro Hawk).</pre> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

When the specs clearly note THIS, what makes you think they'd fit your truck?

DriftTatanka 11-08-2009 02:18 PM

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=487472<div>This is why I think they'll fit, the guide is had some surprises when some people had to modify their wheels. I don't have the tools necessary at the moment to do any modding. </div><div>
</div><div>Once again the origonal question:</div><div><font size="3" face="Verdana, Arial"><span style="font-size: 13px; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px;">I want to know if these will fit without any modifications. I recently got a set of OFNA BBT whees only to find out the hex slot needed to be dremeled to keep it from rubbing on the steering knuckle.</span></font></div><div>
</div>

mini-dude 11-08-2009 02:37 PM

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but, unless the manufacturer itself SAYS the wheels from one truck are a "direct-fit" toanother (of their own brand)it just makes sense that some modification, whether major or minor, will be needed.
AND, if one doesn't have the tools neccessary or the ability required, they'd be better off sticking to the stock equipment... lots of rims fit the wheel hexes, but since there are so many various offsets and interior rib designs, it sounds like you're biting off more than you can chew.

DriftTatanka 11-08-2009 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: mini-dude

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but, unless the manufacturer itself SAYS the wheels from one truck are a "direct-fit" toanother (of their own brand)it just makes sense that some modification, whether major or minor, will be needed.
AND, if one doesn't have the tools neccessary or the ability required, they'd be better off sticking to the stock equipment... lots of rims fit the wheel hexes, but since there are so many various offsets and interior rib designs, it sounds like you're biting off more than you can chew.
Ok fair enough, when they arrive I'll give an update to see how they worked out if anyone wants to know in the future. Thanks for your help and time.

bluesrt4ever 11-08-2009 09:32 PM

I know the wheels will fit, but just asking for input as to if they are worth the money. So I take it that no one has tried them yet? http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...&cat_name=MINI

xxSLiMxx 11-08-2009 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: bluesrt4ever

I know the wheels will fit, but just asking for input as to if they are worth the money. So I take it that no one has tried them yet? http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...&cat_name=MINI
My buddy has them, there very heavy. Personaly i dont like them.

bluesrt4ever 11-08-2009 09:58 PM

Kinda like the idea of extra rolling weight. Did he say if it helps with them being wider or not? We spin out like crazy on our dirt track with the shocks set loose so we can get that low center of gravity. Ill do a lil reserch and hope to come up with a great setup. Thanks again :)

xxSLiMxx 11-08-2009 10:07 PM

Kinda like the idea of extra rolling weight. Did he say if it helps with them being wider or not? We spin out like crazy on our dirt track with the shocks set loose so we can get that low center of gravity. Ill do a lil reserch and hope to come up with a great setup. Thanks again :)
There a little bit wider but nothing huge. I have a set of dirthawgs and i hate them...there too hard.

bluesrt4ever 11-08-2009 10:17 PM

So you have http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...&cat_name=MINI 1/16 REVO. Well one of mine is hard as a rock as its full of dirt and sand. Can a person fill the holes on the rims and maybe drill a few smaller holes?

xxSLiMxx 11-08-2009 10:50 PM

So you have http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...&cat_name=MINI 1/16 REVO. Well one of mine is hard as a rock as its full of dirt and sand. Can a person fill the holes on the rims and maybe drill a few smaller holes?
Myself i dont have the beadlocks my buddys dose. I have thos tires on 2.2 wheels (hate em) Yes you can empty out the dirt and make smaller holes or have none at all.

mini-dude 11-08-2009 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: xxSLiMxx

So you have http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...;cat_name=MINI 1/16 REVO. Well one of mine is hard as a rock as its full of dirt and sand. Can a person fill the holes on the rims and maybe drill a few smaller holes?
Myself i dont have the beadlocks my buddys dose. I have thos tires on 2.2 wheels (hate em) Yes you can empty out the dirt and make smaller holes or have none at all.

Sorry to correct - but you can NOT close the "vent" holes!!!!!
They're designed to allow the tire to collapse on its own during landings, so as to not blow the tire off the rim or otherwise damage the rim or the tire.

I don't know what the problem is, these rims are 3-piece - so you can take them apart and clean out the junk.

xxSLiMxx 11-08-2009 11:10 PM

Sorry to correct - but you can NOT close the ''vent'' holes!!!!!
They're designed to allow the tire to collapse on its own during landings, so as to not blow the tire off the rim or otherwise damage the rim or the tire.

I don't know what the problem is, these rims are 3-piece - so you can take them apart and clean out the junk.
Sure you can! There 1/16 size trucks and unless your jumping them 20ft into the air they will be fine. I run my 1/8 Emaxx basher with all the holes glued up and have never had them blow up, and with that truck i do hit 20ft+ jumps. So beside what other ppl say yes you can!! and if you decide you dont like them like that, drill a hole in them! :):D:):D

mini-dude 11-08-2009 11:28 PM

So you have http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...;cat_name=MINI 1/16 REVO. Well one of mine is hard as a rock as its full of dirt and sand. Can a person fill the holes on the rims and maybe drill a few smaller holes?

Sorry to correct - but you can NOT close the ''vent'' holes!!!!!

Sure you can! There 1/16 size trucks and unless your jumping them 20ft into the air they will be fine. I run my 1/8 Emaxx basher with all the holes glued up and have never had them blow up, and with that truck i do hit 20ft+ jumps. So beside what other ppl say yes you can!! and if you decide you dont like them like that, drill a hole in them! :):D:):D

<span style="font-size: medium">NOTTRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>
Sure, you can do it - but you can also jump off the roof of the house.
Do you honestly think they manufacture those holes in the rims for the fun of it or to torture you guys? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif
I'm sorry that you don't get why they do it, that's your problem - butplease don't make it someone else's by spreading mis-information.

Desert RC 11-09-2009 12:19 AM

So i hear you can blow diffs on these little guys. I did not know this when I got it....should have read more I know. I was doing the golden standard standing back flips when I blew what sounds like the rear diff on 3s LIPO. So taking the rear apart was quite a experience not ever working on a revo...lol. So the diff ring in the rear looks good and no unusual wear I can see. I will get back to it but I am having a problem getting the actual Diff out, i must be missing something holding the cases together into the chassis..any suggestions on a good process to get to the diffs, or does the whole friggin car have to be disassembled just to get to the diffs. Granted I might be missing some easier technique. So if its not the diff ring where should I look next. do the "sun" or planetary gears in the diff go bad often?? I am getting frustrated quickly with no assembly guide. Wondering if I will ever get her back together. I am no noob to RC either.lol.

bluesrt4ever 11-09-2009 01:12 AM

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXUVU9 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXUFB1
I think ill try this combo and just use a dremel on the hex so they can be tight. I dont think the stock wheels are 3 piece are they? Well didnt want to start a war but i got to agree with xxslimxx. If you are going to jump and land hard enough its going to prob screw up the diffs before it will hurt the wheel. My diff still sounds bad from a hard landing. Oh and with the wheels i posted on here, also have foam inserts and i think that would help if all holes are covered. So the best thing to do is when at the river in sand ill just use tape to cover the holes and see how it works.

giantzack 11-09-2009 02:14 AM

Hey just thought I would let you guys know the kyosho 1/10 buggy rear rims fit no modification. They workgreat.

xxSLiMxx 11-09-2009 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Desert RC

So i hear you can blow diffs on these little guys. I did not know this when I got it....should have read more I know. I was doing the golden standard standing back flips when I blew what sounds like the rear diff on 3s LIPO. So taking the rear apart was quite a experience not ever working on a revo...lol. So the diff ring in the rear looks good and no unusual wear I can see. I will get back to it but I am having a problem getting the actual Diff out, i must be missing something holding the cases together into the chassis..any suggestions on a good process to get to the diffs, or does the whole friggin car have to be disassembled just to get to the diffs. Granted I might be missing some easier technique. So if its not the diff ring where should I look next. do the ''sun'' or planetary gears in the diff go bad often?? I am getting frustrated quickly with no assembly guide. Wondering if I will ever get her back together. I am no noob to RC either.lol.
There is no easy way, you gotta compleatly rip apart the rear and remove the diff from the bulkheads. It truly is a pain in the bum, but once you do it a few times you get alot faster at it.

wyattroa 11-09-2009 08:10 PM

WOW WOW WOW WOW..i just am blown away. I just hooked up my 2s 2200mah lipos in parallel and was not ready for the speed increase! This thing just is crazy and a blast! Now since it is running in parallel i wont need to switch to the smaller pinion correct.. i should only need that for 3s or 2s lipo in series from what i got from that earlier post.
robert

ps i just can't imagine this thing on 2s in series or 3s lipo..
robert

xxSLiMxx 11-09-2009 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

WOW WOW WOW WOW..i just am blown away. I just hooked up my 2s 2200mah lipos in parallel and was not ready for the speed increase! This thing just is crazy and a blast! Now since it is running in parallel i wont need to switch to the smaller pinion correct.. i should only need that for 3s or 2s lipo in series from what i got from that earlier post.
robert

ps i just can't imagine this thing on 2s in series or 3s lipo..
robert
You should be alright with your gearing if you are still running stock gearing. Keep an eye on the temps anyways for the 1st few packs thru it. Im running 40T Spur/Stock pinion. I am how ever "mostly" running on pavement. My temps have always been in the normal range except for long runs off road. Then the temps started to get a little high.

wyattroa 11-09-2009 08:40 PM

my batteries were at 80, the engine was at 140 and i think the esc was at 112.
robert

PrjctStrtFrce 11-09-2009 08:47 PM

Those temps are more than fine. How would you compare the speed increase from the 2 NiMH batteries in series?

xxSLiMxx 11-09-2009 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Those temps are more than fine. How would you compare the speed increase from the 2 NiMH batteries in series?
Like day and night! :D