RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

cubnpede82 11-18-2009 08:45 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

1 Attachment(s)
MuggyDude, where was your shim? on the input shaft between bulkhead and pinion? what kind of shim was it?

MXRACER, yes 50,000 wt silicone diff fluid, about 7.50 for a bottle that should do about 10 MERV diffs.... when I take ALL those screws out again the rear will get 100K, as 50 seems to fighten it up a bit but I kinda want more in the rear, better donuts now going forward.

New Slash 4x4 1/10 video said something about 4 screws and the whole rear and slipper come off, it really looks like they did another 1up on that truck too....

Cut and paste from another thread:

Hey, found this on another forum about an HPI car.....

Sometimes we need a can of the one, and Traxxas really opened a can of the other with the Mini E-Revo, and hopefully with the soon to be out SLASH 4x4 as well....

As far as over motoring goes, I'm thinking of dropping in the LUDICROUS power of a Losi Frenzy 370 brushed, untill my 3 yr old gets the idea of steering around things down... as of now he mostly lines it up and pegs the trigger and WOW DAD ..... BOOM..... and an evil laugh.......LOL
Anyone see a problem running a 370 brushed off a stock RTR type ESC for 540 motors , like and XL-1 Traxxas ESC...???
Might go for the Insane as the LHS has them on hand , but over 2x the $$$

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#9264031
Go there: good MERV info

MuggyDude 11-18-2009 10:29 PM

The shim is a kind of plastic thingy that's silver. It's a bit flexible. Weird how mine came with them and others have not. I've been running twin 3s lipos for months now with no problems.

bluesrt4ever 11-20-2009 01:18 AM

Not sure if this has been said on this forum? I can say that the stock tires can be boiled and came off with no problems. I did one in 10 min and its back to like new again. Lots of ppl have said you can loose a tire doing this. Mine was packed FULL of mud and sand!!!

ThEoNeS911 11-20-2009 06:54 PM

Okay guys, my servo is screwed up. When I turn left, the servo makes a weird noise. It seems like the gear is rotating so fast that the other gear cant "grip" it. Should I just send it in, or is there another way I can fix it? It also jitter after flips, or repeat left/right steering.

xxSLiMxx 11-20-2009 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ThEoNeS911

Okay guys, my servo is screwed up. When I turn left, the servo makes a weird noise. It seems like the gear is rotating so fast that the other gear cant ''grip'' it. Should I just send it in, or is there another way I can fix it? It also jitter after flips, or repeat left/right steering.

Sounds like you stripped a gear, Send it in and get a replace ment and save it as a back up one. Get your self a Hitec HS82MG one, awesome upgrade!!

ThEoNeS911 11-20-2009 07:20 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm probably just gonna call Traxxas tomorrow and see what to do to replace it.

bluesrt4ever 11-20-2009 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is some pics of my brothers truck. He just put the Gpm shocks on. As you can see from the pics the front is way higher.Not sure why but just like to see if anyone else uses this shock?

xxSLiMxx 11-20-2009 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: bluesrt4ever

Here is some pics of my brothers truck. He just put the Gpm shocks on. As you can see from the pics the front is way higher.Not sure why but just like to see if anyone else uses this shock?
Keep us updated on how they are and if they leak!

bluesrt4ever 11-20-2009 09:58 PM

They are kinda hard to adjust, not much grip. They are a little stiffer than stock. Over all we were both happy with how it drove on the track. Now when you drop it from a few inches it plops down and doesent have any springy rebound, kind of the same as the stock green springs. I put the tan springs on mine and the spring is a bit shorter than stock!!! Anyhow I just had to adjust the adjuster a little more than i wanted to. When I dropped the tan springs from a few inches it has great rebound and is very springy, not sure if that is good or bad but it was good on the track, well if i don't land a jump just right it will bounce from side to side and flip sometimes.

MINI-RACER 11-20-2009 10:11 PM

the threaded collars on the shocks are there so you can pre-load the springs to adjust the ride height

bluesrt4ever 11-20-2009 10:41 PM

Did a little net search and have come up with nothing. How should the mini revo rebound? Is it better to have it plop down stay in that position or does it need to spring back up?

MINI-RACER 11-20-2009 11:14 PM

Did a little net search and have come up with nothing. How should the mini revo rebound? Is it better to have it plop down stay in that position or does it need to spring back up?
the pre-load collars should be set so that the shocks rebound/return so that the dogbones are level

mxracer154 11-21-2009 08:43 AM

bluesrt4ever, what shock wt oil are you running? I know alot of guys are running like 80wt with black springs. I'm running 40wt oil and green springs in mine now. Wanting the tan but lhs has em all but tan right now[:@] When i push mine down, i have it set up so that it springs up and if i look at it from the front or back the arm's are level. Works good for me on street, and offroading. Was at the track last night hittin a pretty big triple and it wasn't even bottoming.

Well, winter is coming guys, what are you all doing for tires? Im currently thinking about running this set up here.
Tires,
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDT99&P=8
Wheels,
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=L5CEA102&P=7

Will those tires, mount on those wheels?

BURAKK 11-21-2009 10:39 AM

hi all.
i am going to buy a baby revo:)
but i am not sure about the battery.
i want to learn that which one is better for SPEED (runtime is not that important)
double traxxas 7.2 nimh packs in series, or
3s lipo

3s lipo should be the answer.

but 2 nimh batteries make 14.4 volts..
3s lipo means 11.1 volts
14.4 volt is higher than 11.1 volt
so i cant understand why everyone suggest lipos..

can anyone give some information about this dilemma:)

mxracer154 11-21-2009 11:47 AM

Hello burakk,
You are right that two 6 cells in series is doubling the voltage giving you 14.4. The 3s lipo's don't give out as much voltage as the 2 in series, but lipo's can discharge the voltage much quicker then NiMih's can. Also lipo's are much more lighter than the NiMih's.

People do run two 2's lipos in series, but you need an external low voltage cutoff because the stock only is for 2s-3s. You run them in the NiMih mode and not lipo. But you will hit some crazy high temps so you will most likely need another heat sink and fan on the esc, and heat sink and fan on motor, plus you would probably need to gear it down. Maybe run 23/55. I am just running my revo on 2s lipos in parallel, running 23/50 gearing. When i run on road then i throw the 28 on. Im planning on ordering 2 3's off hobby city once i get paid.

BURAKK 11-21-2009 02:04 PM

thanks for your answer.
"but lipo's can discharge the voltage much quicker then NiMih's can." this is the thing that explains why lipo makes car more fast.
maybe the bad truth is nimh batteries show their max performance for 2-3 minutes.
after 2-3 minutes, performance decreases,
but with lipos, you use your car for 15-20 minutes (depends on amper) with max power.
am i right?
(sorry for bad english, english is not my first language:))

micro guy 11-21-2009 03:11 PM

Wut lipo voltage cut off do you guys reccomend? Will this let me able to run with 2 2s lipos all the time, with no problem?

mxracer154 11-21-2009 06:02 PM

BURAKK, you are correct that is exactly why i switched to lipos. 2 6 cells in series will probably be faster than the lipos for the first 3 minutes, but then after that the lipos are killing them, and will last wayyy longer. You can run two 3's in parallel for 11.1v and about 3100mAh depending on your lipo's mAh rating. I would much rather take that then 14.4 volts and 1200mAh;)

Micro guy, i am wondering the same thing actually. I seen a few on hobby city that have good reviews on them. I was thinking about ordering one when i order some more lipo's. Can't just have one set! :D

Also, can anyone answer my question in post 1235 about the paddles and wheels for snow running?

Just to let you guys know, i would go on to the traxxas forums and read on there. I have found some very good information on there. Too bad i can't join cause they require a paid e-mail account [:@]

micro guy 11-21-2009 07:51 PM

I am also wondering if when i do put one on, wut will i have to do to take it in the snow?

bluesrt4ever 11-21-2009 07:58 PM

Im running 60wt oil in all the springs. Wifes truck has green springs, mine has tan. The tan do seem to bottom out more but they are very springy!! when i lift the back wheels up and drop, the tan bounce back up. My wifes truck when doing the same thing, same settings but stock springs absorbs the drop but does not bounce back up. its hard to put into words.

mxracer154 11-21-2009 11:47 PM

Well i boiled my stock wheels and tires and got them mounted off. I am "straping" the tires right now or taping the tires. I watched a vid on youtube and it seemed to help with balooning so i thought id try it :D Will have results tomorrow

bluesrt4ever 11-22-2009 04:45 AM

We put the stock green shocks on the Gpm shocks and all I can say is they are great!!!!! He put about 5 or six hard runs on them and so far they are not leaking. I tried the tan springs on my truck (stock shocks) with 60wt oil and they suck, seem to bottom out on small jumps and hard to control. Somehow my clutch gear stripped out so I got my wifes truck out to run. Her truck has the stock shocks with stock green springs and 60wt oil and they are great!! It drives smooth over jumps and handels close to the same as the gpm shocks. So I think I answered my own question (to much rebound is not good) O and the red springs on the Gpm silver shocks look tight!

bluesrt4ever 11-23-2009 07:06 PM

how did the tape on the tires work?

mxracer154 11-23-2009 10:57 PM

It worked great! :D Was definitely worth the mess of taking the tires off etc. It wasn't too hard to do just don't burn your self on the tire like i did! :) I used just regular duct tape and i have gotten 3 runs on it so far since i taped them and its holding up great. There is absolutely no ballooning whatsoever. It seems to handle better on dirt because it gets more traction, also high speed runs are more stable with them taped. I will always tape my tires now, it's definitely worth it!

Also, my rear left bottom pillow ball keeps coming out! I can only do right hand turns right now cause any left hand turn will pull it out. [:@] I think i need new knuckles? Im gonna try to hold off buying stock ones and get the HR ones, but then i gotta wait for those to come and i can't stand not driving this truck!

Shortbuss 11-24-2009 01:54 AM

Grrrr. I really like the mini revo but I keep blowing the rear shocks apart. The caps actually keep blowing off the rear shocks. I was running it at the skate park and it jumps great. Just doesnt land so hot. Whats the best setup for jumping? GPM shocks?