RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

bluesrt4ever 12-02-2009 01:01 AM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Just have a newbie ? What all can be adjusted with the GPM turnbuckles and tie rods? Also I think The Toys has new steel spur gears as well, I think they are new anyway.

Xrevo34X 12-02-2009 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: bluesrt4ever

Just have a newbie ? What all can be adjusted with the GPM turnbuckles and tie rods? Also I think The Toys has new steel spur gears as well, I think they are new anyway.
Like the traxxas turnbuckles the GPM 's can adjust which will let you set your toe. You'll notice with the factory plastic ones your rear wheels aim in alot and that is called the toe. The GPM pushrods look like they adjust so you can make them shorter or longer to your likings.They do carry steel spur gears but iv'e not tried 1 of those yet. I hear they are good they just make a louder sound when running.

J0EC00L 12-02-2009 12:06 PM

Xrevo34...

i'm going to order the heatsink and fan, just not sure on color! In fact, i plan on ordering alot of the alluminum upgrades, being that the weight will keep the Merv planted better for traction without harming top speed much. I will go with the skid plates and shocks and turnbuckles down the road. My Merv is the Gray body with the blue pin striping or "tattoes" looks like tribal art down the front and sides. I may go with some blue alluminum and silver alluminum. Maybe blue turnbuckles and blue chosks, but silvr skids and heat sink... man there are soo many choices! I want to avoid being too much silver and too much blue; however, does it really matter??? I truly just want to enjoy bashing it, without the worry of damaging parts!

- Joe

J0EC00L 12-02-2009 12:37 PM

hey... my local sears is having a super sale the next couple days. they have an infrared digital thermometer on sale 50% off - 19.99. Not sure if that's a good deal or not, but it normaly costs 39.99; so, i assume it will be more than beneficial for the R/C use it will get.

By the way, does anyone know what the operating temps are for our R/C's? Like, what is the max limit before damage will follow to the motor, esc, etc?

- Joe

J0EC00L 12-02-2009 12:42 PM

Hey one quick question: Do i need to purchase half shafts? Will ordering the CVD's replace the need to get the addiitonal half shafts? I read somewhere that i need to get extra half shafts... what about ordering additional center shafts?

- Joe

z33guru 12-02-2009 03:17 PM

Id grab that sears thermometer if I were you.You won't find one much cheaper than $20 for a decent name brand one.I paid $50 for one about 2 weeks ago on amazon.

J0EC00L 12-02-2009 10:36 PM

All right, before I go crazy like our good buddy xrevo34 and order every alluminum upgrade... Has anyone truly tested out these hop-ups on the mervs through extreme bashing? I only ask, because just upgrading to alluminum parts does t necessarily make the r. Stronger. While I would easily agree that the colorful alluminum parts we can upgrade to look wicked cool... It may be more costly in the long run when you have to replace parts after a good crash because the alluminum part bent or cracked. Plastic can be more forgiving and cheaper. I guess it will ultimately be trial and error with these, but I would hope that the alluminum hop-ups actually do provide better strength, weight, handlng, performance, etc.

Heat sinks, shocks, turnbuckles, drive shafts a few others, are needed items.

supercooper34 12-03-2009 12:57 AM

hi, i got the mini e-revo not to long ago and i was wondering if there are eny more bodys i can by for it that would fit..i could drill my own hols to fit but i was wondering if eny of u had a good web sit with some cool bodys...
thanks,

cooper

Xrevo34X 12-03-2009 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

hey... my local sears is having a super sale the next couple days. they have an infrared digital thermometer on sale 50% off - 19.99. Not sure if that's a good deal or not, but it normaly costs 39.99; so, i assume it will be more than beneficial for the R/C use it will get.

By the way, does anyone know what the operating temps are for our R/C's? Like, what is the max limit before damage will follow to the motor, esc, etc?

- Joe
I use 1 of those tenp thermometers to check my heat and I know it gets about 170. I'm not sure how high it can go so ask people on herethat know 4 sure,they will let you know the correct temp. It's a good item to have cause I always use it on my nitros. Well you got the right idea so keep up the good work.

ThEoNeS911 12-03-2009 05:10 PM

How long did it take for you guys to get new gears from Traxxas? They said they sent it to me on the 24th of Nov. and its still not here (today is the 3rd)

Nesal 12-04-2009 09:24 AM

Hi there guys,
Im looking for a cool christmas present for my Dad. He wants:
- Something electric, MUST be brushless
- Something fast
- Something that you can bash and is durable for jumping

Is the Mini E-Revo VXL my best option? Savage Flux is a bit pricey and I have the nitro version... He currently has a Summit which he likes to crawl with but it lacks speed. Ive heard the 1/16 E-Revo VXL is very durable and very fast with two batteries. What sort of runtime do you get with the two battery set up in series for the 50mph top speed? It looks like a fun car, my only worry is its size. He wants fast and can jump.
Thanks for the help!! Much appreciated

mspeedster3 12-04-2009 07:30 PM

Hi All,

I just a mini e-revo and it's a nice car and is pretty fast, although if you hook up the series adapter for increased speed and power you can burn up the esc in the <u>NON</u>-VXL 1/16 e-revo. The XL 2.5 ESC cant handle 2 batteries for power, but can handle the other series adapter for battery life. The ESC has a problem and doesnt have a shut off voltage built in. Im fairly new to the RC hobby and does anyone have any advice for me on why the esc wants to smoke and sizzle?

mspeedster3 12-04-2009 09:07 PM

The Brushed mini E-Revo cannot run 2 packs and the Y adapter... do not try this... it WILL burn up your ESC... the XL 2.5 ESC cannot handle 14.4 volts.. My wife found this out the hard way.. but the mini went  hellah fast too bad it's burnt... gonna upgrade it to brushless next month.. I bought the 1/16 Erevo VXL on ebay for 250, my car is Sick... fast... and fun...

z33guru 12-04-2009 09:24 PM

Just to clarify: You can use the parallel adapter with them, just not the series adapter.

ThEoNeS911 12-05-2009 08:35 PM

As long as you are using parallel NiMh, not parallel LiPo/LiFePo

Pullstarter 12-05-2009 11:57 PM

Hey Guys,
New to the forum and thinking of getting myself a mini E-Revo and have a few Q's;

Does the brushless version run good on 3s Lipo? What size packs can you fit in?

Any must have hop ups for bashability? The non adjustable turnbuckles look a little dodgy?

Can you get alum replacement shocks?

Thanks guys
Simon

Xrevo34X 12-06-2009 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: supercooper34

hi, i got the mini e-revo not to long ago and i was wondering if there are eny more bodys i can by for it that would fit..i could drill my own hols to fit but i was wondering if eny of u had a good web sit with some cool bodys...
thanks,

cooper

Hello COOPER,They make 2 after market bodies as of right now one is a jconcepts ILLUZION which I have and I'll show you a pic of it below andthe Proline SLIPSTREAM you'll have to look up cause I don't have a pic of it. You can find both on ebay, but here is my ILLUZION body. http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...nes7002/47.jpg http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...nes7002/13.jpg http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...nes7002/37.jpg This body fits real nice and there is more room under it so your wires aren't all tight and it has like dimples where you would drill the body holes so you can't mess up. I hear it is thicker than the Slipstream but that is something you can decide on yourself cause they both are nice. I hope these pics help you out.

srt10 12-06-2009 11:23 PM

ORIGINAL: ThEoNeS911

As long as you are using parallel NiMh, not parallel LiPo/LiFePo

you can parallel lipos in the brushed version.. the esc can take it

srt10 12-06-2009 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mspeedster3

Hi All,

I just a mini e-revo and it's a nice car and is pretty fast, although if you hook up the series adapter for increased speed and power you can burn up the esc in the <u>NON</u>-VXL 1/16 e-revo. The XL 2.5 ESC cant handle 2 batteries for power, but can handle the other series adapter for battery life. The ESC has a problem and doesnt have a shut off voltage built in. Im fairly new to the RC hobby and does anyone have any advice for me on why the esc wants to smoke and sizzle?
The esc is not rated for that high of voltage, but I have run 3s in mine before and it was much faster... ;)
use the parallel connector and have longer run times and a bit more punch

supercooper34 12-07-2009 12:45 AM

ok this looks pretty cool...dose all of them come with the same paint job or can i paint it my self?

because i had a pretty cool idea for it.
thanks
cooper

Nesal 12-07-2009 05:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Nesal

Hi there guys,
- Something fast

Is the Mini E-Revo VXL my best option? Savage Flux is a bit pricey and I have the nitro version... He currently has a Summit which he likes to crawl with but it lacks speed. Ive heard the 1/16 E-Revo VXL is very durable and very fast with two batteries. What sort of runtime do you get with the two battery set up in series for the 50mph top speed? It looks like a fun car, my only worry is its size. He wants fast and can jump.

Anybody? BTW can you use standard 2.2 rims and wheels on this?

Pullstarter 12-07-2009 06:30 AM

Hi there guys,
- Something fast

I dont think you can use 2.2"s unless they have a 12mm hex, which I dont think any 2.2s have from memory? Kyosho Super 10 rims are probably the closest you can get I think.

cool-joe 12-07-2009 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Pullstarter

Hi there guys,
- Something fast

I dont think you can use 2.2"s unless they have a 12mm hex, which I dont think any 2.2s have from memory? Kyosho Super 10 rims are probably the closest you can get I think.

ANY modern Kyosho 1/10th buggy uses 2.2 rims with12mm hexes.

PrjctStrtFrce 12-07-2009 10:21 AM

Hi there guys,
- Something fast

The brushless mini revo is your best bet. Two niMh batteries in series will make it run 50+mph and have about 10-15 min. of run time. In parallel it will go about 30+ and have double the run time. If you get two lipo batteries in series then the speed will be CRAZY, BUT you will need an external LVC because the stock one is only good to 3s. I would get 2s x 2 and use them in parallel, which would give you 50++mph and about 40ish minutes of run time from what I have read up on.

srt10 12-07-2009 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

Hi there guys,
- Something fast

The brushless mini revo is your best bet. Two niMh batteries in series will make it run 50+mph and have about 10-15 min. of run time. In parallel it will go about 30+ and have double the run time. If you get two lipo batteries in series then the speed will be CRAZY, BUT you will need an external LVC because the stock one is only good to 3s. I would get 2s x 2 and use them in parallel, which would give you 50++mph and about 40ish minutes of run time from what I have read up on.
2 2s lipo batteries in parallel will give upper 30s geared right, but 2 3s batteries in parallel can give 50mph and good run times..
+1 on the mini revo, they are great.. fast and take a beating! :D