RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/8846989-official-mini-e-revo-thread.html)

it8ezbngrn 06-25-2009 08:23 PM

RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

My shocks and springs should be here soon. Waiting on the toe links. Has anyone tried the optional tuneable diff? How about the lower tooth pinion?

Aloha Flyer 06-25-2009 08:48 PM

WOW! Your covered for the street.

WHO HAS PICTURES OF VARIOUS DIRT GRABBER OPTIONS!

IT8EZBNGRN: I gotz a 19T come'in in next week!

mycarisaser 06-25-2009 09:48 PM

I would love some emaxx style tires for the sand

PrjctStrtFrce 06-25-2009 11:11 PM

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: PrjctStrtFrce

I was just looking at the stuff I had and I was wondering if it would be ok to charge TWO batteries at once through the y-harness? Take the y-harness off the truck, connect it to the molex adapter, and hook both batteries to the charger. Would that be safe? If so, then what amp should I charge them at?
You are asking for serious trouble when charging the batteries using a Y-harness. The batteries will not charge correctly if you do it that away. It is best to charge them seperately. I charge my mini packs at 1-1.5 amps anything higher will shorten the life of the battery.

Figured it wouldn't be a good idea, which is why I asked. :p

The 1700mah batteries that I purchased state that they should be charged at 2.8amps...so would 2amps be ok?

sunco1 06-25-2009 11:13 PM

I would love a set on bow ties or something similiar to that, that were the size of the stock tires. Id like a rim with a wider offset as well

KCMike 06-26-2009 02:18 AM

Man, these things are hot! My shop has one sitting in the case & it's callin' my name.

What's the point of the 2nd servo slot?

Aloha Flyer 06-26-2009 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: KCMike

Man, these things are hot! My shop has one sitting in the case & it's callin' my name.

What's the point of the 2nd servo slot?
Just to be like the older brother. The stock ONE servo handles well enough. However, if you max the weight with bling and big batts maybe you could justify it:D

MuggyDude 06-26-2009 11:25 AM

man, this mini e-revo is awesome! Running in the rain is so much fun! My off-road tires should be coming monday.

peelin_out 06-26-2009 12:08 PM

So how is the e-revo at high speeds? on a 3s lipo? does it stay on the ground and handle ok?

micro guy 06-26-2009 12:51 PM

I just got my extra battery today. It is smaller than i thought it would be. But of course its a 1/16 scale, so what do you expect? But no sighn of the truck.

andrewmac 06-26-2009 03:08 PM

It's here at last!!!! And they got it right this time!!!

KCMike 06-26-2009 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: andrewmac

It's here at last!!!! And they got it right this time!!!
Post up some pics! I can't get enough of these little suckers.

andrewmac 06-26-2009 04:07 PM

I don't know how to post pics to the forum, but check out my gallery!!

it8ezbngrn 06-26-2009 06:24 PM

19T - Curious how that goes. They supply a 23T. I haven't ran that yet. No need since all I have is 7.4 and its too torqy with the 28T buts its melting the batts.

Lessons learned. 28T pinion and 14.4V nimh -Bad
2 Nimhs (similaiar to 2S lipo) in parallel - better but wish it was faster.
Is 11.1 the answer? and then what pinion and will it be controllable? Gear down the motor stays cooler but torq is too much at least with stock suspension. Too much wheelie action.

The wheels are 12mm hex so any 12mm hex whell with fit. That means 1/10 on and off road wheels. I can't wait to see some post about tuneable diffs, springs and shock oils. Right now I feel like I driving a Tyco with a brushless cause the torq and the suspension is such an issue and I can't do anything till the parts arrive.
As it stands I paid $239 for that car, $75 for shocks, springs and toe links that haven't arrived yet. If I have to get a tuneable diff thats another $22 or something. I got 4 IB1600 Nimhs for $80. So I have about $300 the car and I'm itching to gett'r going good. 4th of July weeken I hope to have her ready to try at a makeshift BMX track. If things don't change I may be looking for a 1/12 Ofna Hyper STe. Cost is a little more but then If I keep adding the the Mini Revo it will be the same. If I could figure out how to fit 7 cell in that chassi I wouldn't need batts.

KCMike 06-26-2009 07:20 PM

I stopped by the shop on the way into work and bought the 1/16 Revo. I couldn't resist. It was $289 + tax. Mine is the #5 frequency. I'm charging the battery now & during dinner break I'm going to run it here in the office. Going thru the cubicle isles should be fun!

Aloha Flyer 06-26-2009 07:20 PM

I will say this ONE MORE TIME! The stock TQ controller does not give you enough control options/features for this miniture bull!

Put your $75 into a good 2.4GHz or FM Transmitter. I have a Futaba 2.4 3PM. Dialed-In -100EXPO and I don't have the troubles many have with power delivery. I can go 1-2mph to 50, yet I can do forward and back flips if I grab a handful of throttle. The only other thing I did was dail-in the suspension for level jumps.

You can't enjoy this thing if you can't control it in the long run. :D

andrewmac 06-26-2009 07:38 PM

Hey guys, do you think that a Spektrum DX3R would be a good radio for this beast?

Aloha Flyer 06-26-2009 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: andrewmac

Hey guys, do you think that a Spektrum DX3R would be a good radio for this beast?
Disclaimer: I don't own a SPEKTRUM DX3R or know the exact size of its 2.4Ghz receiver

Isn't the DX3R the high-end of Spektrum's surface radios? However....
1. If it has at least an EXPO function and...
2. If its compatible receiver has the same dimensions of the Traxxas 4CH AM Micro or Futaba R603FS

Then......
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! CRANK UP THE EXPO AND ENJOY!;)

dacaur 06-26-2009 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn
If I have to get a tuneable diff thats another $22 or something.

It comes stock with sealed diffs. I don't know yet if they put in grease or oil, but if its grease, just clean it out and add oil....

And yes a dx3r would be great.... Im going to use my dx3s....

andrewmac 06-26-2009 08:55 PM

Thanks for the advice guys! I think that I will put The Spektrum in and see how it does. I think that the shorter antennae looks the best anyway....

KCMike 06-26-2009 11:09 PM

Wow, I just ran it here in the building at work. The whole 2nd shift crew was impressed (as am I). This is my first brushless vehicle. Even with one battery I found it difficult to control, but with a little practice this improved. I ran it on carpet (the type in offices) and the grip was outstanding. I kept catching an edge and flippin' it over.

Pics to come ...

dacaur 06-26-2009 11:24 PM

mine shipped today... should be here monday, and my wife gave the OK to turn the back 1/3 of my yard into a track... Its about 50 ft wide x 30 ft deep so should be good... I got id desinged already... basicaly a flattened figure 8 so ther is a back straight and a front straight, and then the track has to jump over itself in the middle :D Just gotta get to work hehe

HardWyrd 06-27-2009 12:26 AM

HAAAA Yea! It would be great Thats what Im running.

HardWyrd 06-27-2009 12:46 AM

Got mine today! WOO HOOO I'm Love in it. So I ran a set of batteries . at 14.4 v and the motor got a little warm. I guess you do need to put the 23t pin. in. Going to go lipo should be better.

redfisher1974 06-27-2009 12:53 AM

ORIGINAL: dacaur

ORIGINAL: it8ezbngrn
If I have to get a tuneable diff thats another $22 or something.

It comes stock with sealed diffs. I don't know yet if they put in grease or oil, but if its grease, just clean it out and add oil....

And yes a dx3r would be great.... Im going to use my dx3s....
Maybe he is talking about the center diff you can buy for it?....looks like it will help with keeping the wheels on the ground.