RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/)
-   -   1/24 scale Redcat vehicles (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-16th-1-18th-mini-micro-rc-cars-235/9462103-1-24-scale-redcat-vehicles.html)

sheograth 01-30-2010 06:21 PM

1/24 scale Redcat vehicles

Anyone try these? They seem good for $59.99.

Monsterman--HBF 01-31-2010 01:44 AM

RE: 1/24 scale Redcat vehicles

I got one mine cae the other in the mail direct from Rampage Hop Ups DOT Com!
They are cool I got the Truggy Version! Pulling it out of the box I was amazed at how cool the thing looked. I had Alkaline's laying around but I went straight for my Digital Camera NIMH batteries. I slapped 4 of the 2200mah in there and had a ball! The NIMH packs definetly improved the over all speed and power of the little truggy! I had a good half hour of run with 8 NIMH batteries. I havent taken it outside or off road yet but it is a lot of fun in the house. Carpet it runs pretty good on but ours is a little to thick if that makes any sense. But in the kitchen and basement its freaking awesome! I set up these little "rc cones" that I had picked up off Ebay and I also made some little ramps out of some boxes and cardboard.

I'll mess around with replacing the shock oil and I think I might have some other springs that will work with it as well. My buddy is going to make me a small "hump pack style pack" out of the small C size cells. It comes with some other pinion gearing options as well but I havent messed with those yet.. Its a fun little car for the money. And from what I hear there will be some cool hop ups and plenty of spare parts direct from Rampge Hop Ups!

Here's where I got mine..
Rampge Hop Ups

Here's a few pictures of mine..

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/w...IMG_1418-1.jpg

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/w...y/IMG_1420.jpg

RedcatRacing 02-04-2010 03:04 PM

Chriscru, put up some video if you could.

We should have some videos of the Sumos in a few weeks and we will update this thread when we post them.

We have done a "soft launch" of this product which basically means we have not done any promoting of it other than on our site. Many of our dealers have bought some and are trying them out. So far over 400 have been sold since mid January and the feedback has been good. We should have all hopups in stock within a month or so, but all stock plastic parts are already here.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Darin

katzcratch 02-04-2010 03:35 PM

they use 4 alkaline batts?
how fast are they, they look sweet..
can they take lipo?

RedcatRacing 02-04-2010 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: katzcratch

can they take lipo?

They cannot take lipo with the current pcb, but we will have a modified pcb available in about 60 days. They take AA batteries and depending on if you are using good ones or rechargables you should get at least 12-16 MPH stock out of them.

I think we will see some crazy mods done to them by users to make them go much much faster.

Darin

No Moa 02-05-2010 12:24 PM

I'm looking so forward to getting my son one of these, so he'll leave my mini LST and Revo alone! lol

Thomas P 02-14-2010 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

can they take lipo?

They cannot take lipo with the current pcb, but we will have a modified pcb available in about 60 days. They take AA batteries and depending on if you are using good ones or rechargables you should get at least 12-16 MPH stock out of them.

I think we will see some crazy mods done to them by users to make them go much much faster.

Darin
How is the tranny? there is a lot of BL setups that kan be fitted easy in this car, but will the tranny hold up?

Smiff 24 02-14-2010 07:26 AM

Looks pretty good.....may have to get a couple of them.

burnineyes 02-20-2010 04:59 AM

Something wrong with my question?
I was very interested in these for my garage racetrack, but if I cant get a little more info on them I will look elsewhere.

MonkeyFist 02-20-2010 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: burnineyes

Something wrong with my question?
I was very interested in these for my garage racetrack, but if I cant get a little more info on them I will look elsewhere.
What question?

burnineyes 02-22-2010 04:03 AM

Well, I don't think I want to post it again since it was deleted 2 times already. The first time I thought I was just dreaming that I posted because it was not here the next day, but the second time I was certain I posted it and again it was gone. I guess someone didn't like me asking questions comparing it to other 24th scales on the market.

burnineyes 02-22-2010 10:48 PM

I must post my sincerest apologies. I didnt realize this model has another thread on the main Redcat page and that is where I posted. Sorry for sounding like a jerk.

jeepin4fun 03-29-2010 10:42 PM

How do these compare stock out of the box to the team losi micro's? as far as speed, handling etc... I have 3 micro's but what interests me about these new redcats is that they are 4x4

rschoi_75 03-30-2010 11:21 PM

I actually bought one of these a few weeks ago on a whim. I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by them. They drive quite well and are not nearly as twitchy as the losi's. The servo does have a little trouble getting back to center, and the shocks are pretty useless. I changed over to some Radline oil shocks from target. They fit fine and helped a great deal. I plan to change out the servo in the near future... just have to find out what others are using. As for speed... about the same as a stock losi micro. Rechargeable AA's definitely give you more power and run time. I've seen some radline's with lipo's and brushless mods, but I'm actually pretty happy with the speed as is. Its the perfect size for bashing around an empty garage, living room, or basement.

goneracing_83 04-21-2010 09:03 PM

i was thinking about gettin a mini LST for my 6 yr old son. but i figured that the lil 1/24 scale would be great for him to learn on. now can you run a 7.2 v LST batt on these? if so that would be great! imput will be great!

thanks

TJ

EricTyrrell 04-22-2010 12:16 AM

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

can they take lipo?

Darin
I'm glad to see you're investing in improving these RCs. However, I have posted before, warning people of the Achilles's heel: the drivetrain. This includes the: pinon, spur, diffs, tiny internal diffs gears, outdrives, and universals. I was attracted to these RCs because of the 4WD and hobby grade parts, however the drivetrain holds it back in so many ways, ruining an otherwise great product. All this talk of LiPo and brushless motors is useless without a drivetrain that could even think of handling it. I sincerely hope something is done to rectify this.

Nitro Killer Dave 06-18-2010 03:32 AM

I bought one, and it's alright. The gears need to be upgraded. Mine wore out, and I bought new ones. I replaced the diff. gears also, and now I can't get it to turn. I've taken apart , and even put the old one back on. Still can't get to work. It looks like I'll have to start sanding to get it to work. I bought the bigger motor, and heat sink for it also. If anybody buys one remember to get all the upgrades, because the plastic is junk. I'll end up buying more upgrades when I can afford them. Most upgrades are sold out. If anybody thinks they can help me let me know!