Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

swapmeet

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 09:33 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default swapmeet

Just got back from the local BARKS swap meet bought another plane I didnt need a.25 size trainer,, saw Raymond, Fireman, Brian, Deadstick and a few locals I knew,,I didnt get there till 10:00 or so,,Raymond suggested I have a funfly get together this year,,sounds good to me but as of now I am in retail and weekends are tough to get off....more funfly than racing this time,,I'll see if there is interest first as I cant commit at this time anyway...Rog
There was a nib norvel .061 for $40 and .074 for $45 they were hard to pass up at those prices but I dont need anymore engines...Rog
Actually there was a LOT of stuff that was hard to pass up,,the trainer I bought needed engine and radio gear, but it looks good for $30
Oh and I never saw who was selling it but I'm pretty sure I saw one of the Rivets I kitted at the same time I saw Raymond, a little later curiosity got me (it had a TD on it) so I went back , but it was gone...
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: swapmeet

It WAS good to see some of the old Carolina 1/2A Crew again. Alas, there were some notable abscences; BobHH and Vicman for example. (Bob, if you see this, please PM me your U.S. Mail address? I sent you something that got returned).

It would be nice to get a SMALL Fly In going somewhere. I'm afraid it might be difficult to keep it restricted to just glow engines anymore. I have to confess that I'm not good for more than one or two non-electrics per year any more. Fire when ready, Gridley.

I too watched the Rivets that Rog mentioned. I'll bet ten people fondled it. I wonder if it would have sold quicker if it had ha a motor up front? Oh well.

FWIW I think youse-all should know that my current project is LArry Scarinzi's Queen Bee CL Bipe for a Pee Wee (or TD .010!). Aren't you proud of me. Oh yeah? Same to ya Buddy.

P.S. Thanks for the little TD Brian(s)!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:24 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Well Raymond, this was the first year I missed the swapment. Got back in town last night and woke up this morning I beleive with the Flu!! I've been working on some pylon racers as well as some 1/2A designs I have designed but never built. I'm not sure if we will have a 1/2A event at Old Julian this year but will have the Glory Dayes event in May. Here's the flyer. So bring along your little bipe!! Sorry to miss everyone and hope to see you guys soon!!

Bob Harris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68227.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1551469  
Old 01-23-2011, 11:37 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We held a practice and training day for the Polar Pylon race yesterday so I was out working with a team of young people who volunteered thier time to help.

I'll be there in May Bob. Do we want to incorporate the reedie race into your shindig?

Thanks to Rajuel I will have something truely different for the fly in as well.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:45 AM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

I had a great time yesterday as well. Always good to catch up with the Carolina Crew guys along with some others that I have met over the past few years.

Nathan picked up a Wattage Giles 202 w/ motor, ESC, Hitec receiver and 4-channel radio for $45. Great deal. We just need to get a battery.

I picked up a few odds and ends.

You're welcomed Raymond, glad I could help out.

Models are great, but the modellers are even better.

Brian
Old 02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

I've started work on the .25 trainer...it is a northeast aerodynamics train-air 20...the little research I did (about 4 minutes) shows they went out of the airplane business , but still do lazer etching....making my own motor mount,,1/2a version, but beefed up for an OS.25...its pretty hefty, the servo tray looks to be made from a closet door sheet of luan plywood...but the weather is warming a little so I want something ready to fly when I get time off and can...only flew, glow like 2-3 times all last year...Rog