Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

rcunivers went down hill

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

rcunivers went down hill

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 12:18 AM
SCREWLOOSETC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im new here. Have been idle for the last 6 7 years and am starting to get interested again.This morning I cut the plastic wrap of of one of the 2 1/2 a flightstreak kits I had stashed and am thinkinf I am going to put a mini ED Racer diesel replica on it for laughs it will look good hanging on the wall next to my firebaby with the Mc Coy diesel.Have a stack of the cambel small antique ff kits and a hand full of pewe 020s to power them I aint putting a $500 TD in a ff that will soar even if i do have 3 of them stashed.,Im flying a 50" diamond demon with an Irving mills and for the last 15 years a Junior Falcon with a speed 400 electric. .Messed with blk powder for awhile was like playing in the coal bin traded my sharps off for a browning hp because sharps was heavy and hp pretty.Started building when i was 7 started collecting engines in my 30s and shooting around 40.Dont have a bucket list. Ive been retired from GE for 20 years now and have done everything i have wanted to.
Tom
Old 03-08-2014, 11:31 PM
rc doc

I am one of those OLD F###. I have followed this forum for several years ever since I found RC universe. I still like to build but it takes me 3 months to scratch build a plane. I used to fly 1/2A Cox reedies . But about 4 years ago I spent an afternoon running a 1/2 A Texaco engine at the field and developed ringing ears: No fun! Anyway I am going to try again with ear plugs and ear muffs.
I still have several engines COX and FOX that I will try. I am flying electrics now . Indoors as flying at zero or below is no longer my cup of tea.
Used to hunt a lot but lost that urge about 20 years ago.
At times in the distant past I hunted and flew models at all temperatures. The number of young people flying now is dropping but, we will keep on trying to get new ones in the hobby.
Just my 2 cents,
RC DOC
Old 03-09-2014, 10:50 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best way to keep RCU from "going downhill", or at least this forum, is for everyone that frequents the forum to simply keep it active in their own way... don't lurk, post interesting stuff! Doesn't have to world beating stuff, just "1/2A activity". So long as the balance between actually doing something and posting about it on RCU doesn't get too off kilter..

What are you building, what are you wondering, what engine are you farting around with, bla bla.. you either have local activity with buddies/club member, or you do your own thing and tell people about it. With 1/2A so scattered around this continent, both north and south of the 49th, thank goodness for the 1/2A forum to let others know they are not alone..

Last edited by MJD; 03-09-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:16 PM
rc doc

I am back. At present I have : a Red Ripper for 0.49 [Cox} for SAM 1/2A Texaco
b Dallaire for 0.49 [COX] or speed 400
c Klemm 25 for o.49
d three 0.20 replica setup with RC

I am going to build a 48" Spook for 0.49 {cox] to replace the one that is some where in the Chugach mountains after being launched with the radio off.
Let us keep this forum going. I enjoy the advice and other conversations here.
RC DOC

Keep moving!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:15 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oooh! A 1/2A Kl25?! I like the sound of that.