Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Fora .06 OR PROFI .06

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Fora .06 OR PROFI .06

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:26 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fora .06 OR PROFI .06

i am thinking of ordering one of these, so experts which one to buy?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:55 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The more I read about these Russian engines.....the more I hear that they are like a box of chocolates. Quality issues from batch to batch, year to year come to the surface if you read what some dealers and flyers have to say.
The guys who run these engines the most are the control line combat flyers and you will get numerous, confusing opinions I'm sure.
At the RCU C/L Forum, a guy named Bob Mears posts there. He, Lee Liddle, Mike Wilcox, Mark Rudner, Jeff Rein, Mel Lyne are a few names to take advice from if you see their posts
At the MACA Forum [which is pretty dead] you might get the latest info.
The AMA Magazine C/L Combat columnist would also give you his opinion. Last I checked, Rich Lopez was sharing that duty with a new guy. Rich is the guy who travels to the FAI Championships all the time.
These guys are always eager to help, it's just a matter of looking them up.
There is also a C/L Speed Forum at DELPHI FORUMS. Those guys might talk you into getting a piped G&Z .061 from Bill Hughes. [These engines will dominate your free time to spend, they are just too hot to be trouble free].
The FORA has been known to be slightly lower powered, but more user friendly than a Cyclon. They are also much less expensive and will still give thrilling performance. If you are a competitor out for blood against other 1/2 A flyers, then that is different. Then you can see a 500 rpm difference while you are being chased.

Last edited by combatpigg; 01-13-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:47 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can speak to the two Profi's I own - a combat .061 and proto speed .049. They're my first genuine high performance 1/2A/1cc engines, and they are easy to start and run and make gobs of power. The Profi .061 turned a 5x2.75 or whatever it was fg combat prop at 34k rich on the first run. The Fora may compare and I wouldn't know. I think the Profi will set you back around $215 or so now.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:55 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW regards the Profi - dunno what you have in mind but Alberto has the 1cc engines (or did last time we spoke) in the same FIRE proto speed config as my .049. That's the engine in the Screamin Toucan thread.