Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Went to the BARKS 25th annual swap meet today!

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Went to the BARKS 25th annual swap meet today!

Old 01-24-2015, 02:03 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Went to the BARKS 25th annual swap meet today!

Huge show! twice the size of any I have seen before, course since I haven't flown for 5 years I saw 3 people I knew by name and I'm pretty sure I am the only one that bought a chair there , then left.. Ga/Tenn/VA they were from everywhere!...didn't see anything 1/2a anywhere.. one older fellow looked at me and said "I don"t see anything I gotta have", I said I don't see anything I don't already have! great turnout though good for the club!
Old 01-24-2015, 04:09 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Rog, it's hard to imagine a swap meet that doesn't have a pile of 1/2 A junk laying around somewhere..?

What will swap meets of the future look like..?

Piles of electric motors that have that burned cookie smell and swollen battery packs..?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:48 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the late response CP, I didn't look that hard for much, paid my fee at the door, 5 minutes later was questioning why I was there since I haven't flown for 5 years now, certainly not looking for any planes, but there were many,many there, found what I thought was a kids trampoline and asked about it, the guy shoved it out from under the table and said its a chair. I offered $20 for it and left, was there a total of 15 minutes!...Rog
Old 01-28-2015, 07:46 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Rog...this thread reminds me that I need to check the date of our local swap meet / model show. I haven't bought anything at a swap meet in so long, but I still have fun looking around.
An electric ducted fan demonstration is what sticks out in my mind from the last swap meet. A pair of little 3 inchers kicked up quite a lot of air..!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:19 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was at one in Detroit on the weekend. Not too much stuff 1/2A. One guy had a bit. I got a new Gilbert .11 for $3. I think the guy may have even given it to me for free? He had a lot of older motors, and the collectors are thinning out in their old age. I got a toolbox stool too. Looks like the old guys need to sit down a lot.