Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Bruce Tharpe -- Weekend Wonder

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Bruce Tharpe -- Weekend Wonder

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:35 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Made my first flight today. It was wild. I put in 4 clicks of up elevator so it wouldn't dive into the ground when I launched it. The elevator happen to be very sensitive and it shot almost straight up when I let it go. I managed to hang on to it. After I got the elevator trimmed things went well. I'm very happy with the way it flew. I don't have a battery for my electric starter right now. I wasn't able to get it started a second time by flipping it. I'll have to get a battery.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:14 AM
hfenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A. J. Clark
Made my first flight today. It was wild. I put in 4 clicks of up elevator so it wouldn't dive into the ground when I launched it. The elevator happen to be very sensitive and it shot almost straight up when I let it go. I managed to hang on to it. After I got the elevator trimmed things went well. I'm very happy with the way it flew. I don't have a battery for my electric starter right now. I wasn't able to get it started a second time by flipping it. I'll have to get a battery.
Good news. It's always good to hear about those first flights and still having an intact airplane to take home!

Last edited by hfenn; 06-01-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:40 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

A high wing, high powered plane [with low thrust line] has a natural tendency to "pitch up" after release from hand launch.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:37 PM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
A high wing, high powered plane [with low thrust line] has a natural tendency to "pitch up" after release from hand launch.
I wish I would have known that. Things would have been easier. Plus it had a lot more power and speed than I was expected. Really caught me be surprise.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:35 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is fun though, gets the adrenaline going. I have a low wing plane that shoots down on a hand launch. Not a good first flight. I still have to fix that one.