Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

New to Electrics

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 10:11 AM
twistr
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to Electrics

Hi all, I've flown glow and gas for quite some time now. I just bought my first electric plane at a swap meet a couple weeks ago. It's the Eflight Pulse Mini XT. It had everything installed in it including the motor. I binded the receiver to my Spectrum DX7 and all is well. At first the ESC was beeping at me but apparently it was because I had the throttle trim set to high. When I trimmed the throttle back, it quit beeping. I had to go full throttle and back twice to get the motor to turn the prop. I'm assuming this is standard safety protocol for electrics?

What other features should I be looking for or know about. I haven't flown it yet but taxiied it on the ground and this thing has a LOT of power. There is no real markings on the motor or ESC so it's hard for me to even say what brand/kind of motor is in it. The only marking on the motor is this "BL2217/9"
Old 08-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Twistr, this is the glow 1/2A forum....best try the elect. forum.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:17 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

twistr:

Buy a small glow motor and we will be all over helping you. But for help with electrics you need to be in the electrics forum.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:04 PM
LittleRock

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or put a PAW .06 diesel in it.