Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox PT-19 restore

Old 08-21-2016, 02:30 PM
jsesere
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox PT-19 restore

My pilot needs repainting. If you have painted one before please tell me what color you used for the face and I hope it was a Testors product.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kihgf.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	2177824  
Old 08-21-2016, 06:32 PM
mgnostic

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I don't recall that any of the details on mine were painted. If your airplane is a flier then the primary concern will be for fuel proof paint. I don't think Testors sells dope anymore. If it is a shelf sitter then you can probably match a Testors or other model paint just fine.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:04 PM
ratshooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one time i painted a pilot I used Testors Buckskin color. It looked really close to me. This is the fellow.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-011S.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	2179150  
Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Tom Nied

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had this problem once while painting a sculpted pilot I made, and a pretty good solution is this. Ask the wife/girlfriend/mom, if they have any old makeup foundation. I bet they do. Take some and mix with white paint or thinned glue and I bet you get a fairly good tone for "flesh colored" paint. You wont need much. Experiment on scrap till you think you're pretty close to what you need.