Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Enterprise Catamaran Cruiser

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Enterprise Catamaran Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 05:52 AM
tflame
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Enterprise Catamaran Cruiser

Hello
I`m looking for a kit or plans for the ENterprise Catamaran Cruiser as I would like to build it. All information appreciated. here is a pic of the model.Thanks.
Juan

Old 07-24-2020, 07:02 AM
tflame

Hello all
I started to do one similar without the plan and still have some work to do. I had to stop my build but will be working on it in the future. Later on I was able to get a set of plans from the AMA plan service of the Enterprise Catamaran. The plans has side,front and top views but no formers. if you have experience scratchbuilding you should be able to generate the needed formers.
Juan

Old 07-25-2020, 03:27 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Moving along nicely and cool design! Thanks for sharing -

Always had an interest in the Russian research projects on wing-in-ground effect (WIG) vehicles like the Caspian Sea Monster that this design reminds me of.

Is control to be two-channel for rudders and throttle?

Old 07-25-2020, 06:21 PM
tflame

Originally Posted by H5606
Moving along nicely and cool design! Thanks for sharing -

Always had an interest in the Russian research projects on wing-in-ground effect (WIG) vehicles like the Caspian Sea Monster that this design reminds me of.

Is control to be two-channel for rudders and throttle?
Hello H5606
Yes I will be using rudders that go below the waterline to steer at low speed but Is my first try at building an airboat and don`t know how is going to work. I haven`t done work on it lately do to a health problem and now that I`m feeling better I have been doing work clearing some land that I have.
Juan

Here is a link to Peter Stripol video of his ekranoplan it looks like he had fun!

Last edited by tflame; 07-25-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:56 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for posting the video - I didn't know it had been done with an R/C model - looks like he needed lots of room and a chase boat for practical operation - was really cool though! Once it was up, you could see and hear his enthusiasm in the low power - or even no power - required to keep it going in ground-effect -

Happy to hear you're doing better. Hope you find time for your project - interested to see it all come together.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:10 PM
tflame

Originally Posted by H5606
Thanks for posting the video - I didn't know it had been done with an R/C model - looks like he needed lots of room and a chase boat for practical operation - was really cool though! Once it was up, you could see and hear his enthusiasm in the low power - or even no power - required to keep it going in ground-effect -

Happy to hear you're doing better. Hope you find time for your project - interested to see it all come together.

Hello H5606
Thanks. At this time I feel like is going to be a while before I can continue but I want to see it run in the water since is my first airboat.
Juan