Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Looking for a plan

Old 09-12-2020, 08:44 PM
sterbejj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a plan

Many years ago I had a plan for a small profile Nieuport biplane, designed by Chris Soenksen, published by ACE R/C. It was designed to use the ACE pulse rudder only system. Who out there has a copy of that plan to share?
Old 11-20-2020, 09:18 AM
billgstra

The only ace plan i've been able to find is the mini ot on outterzone
Old 11-22-2020, 06:55 PM
sterbejj

Default ACE Mini Neuport Plan Found!

Well! After almost 50 years and 6 major moves I finally found where I stashed my copy of the ACE R/C Mini Neuport 17 Profile plan. The instruction sheet that came with the plan has a copyright date of 1969 so I assume I can safely post the plan and instruction sheet on this forum for everyone to enjoy. My scanner is not large enough to copy the drawing on a single sheet so I had to make six 8.5" x 11" sheets which I saved as .pdf files. All you have to do is print out each sheet, then piece them together to make a working drawing. This plan was developed for the ACE R/C pulse rudder system and a Cox .020 engine. There should be no problem adapting the model for electric power and rudder/elevator control. The model could easily be altered for aileron control. It will probably be a while before I get to building this model. Once I get to it I'll post a build log.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Instruction-sheet.pdf (1.85 MB, 111 views)
Neuport-1.pdf (452.7 KB, 102 views)
Neuport-2.pdf (578.5 KB, 56 views)
Neuport-3.pdf (421.4 KB, 68 views)
Neuport-4.pdf (347.5 KB, 57 views)
Neuport-5.pdf (589.1 KB, 59 views)
Neuport-6.pdf (393.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-05-2020, 11:53 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi There!
I have access to a large scale scanner and a full size plotter. If you are willing to share, and send it to me, I will scan it and post it full size for the group. I'll even return it with 5 full size print outs for your trouble. I'd like to follow along with you on the build....
RickP
Old 12-05-2020, 09:48 PM
sterbejj

RickP,
Much thanx for the offer. I took the plan to my local copy shop, then made a copy available to our local AMA Region IV AVP, Ray Stinchcomb, who will have the plan posted to the https://outerzone.co.uk/ web site. It may be a few weeks before that plan gets posted. If it doesn't show up by the first of the year I'll send you a printed copy for scanning and posting.
V/r,
Casey - AMA 86189
Old 12-06-2020, 08:12 AM
Ray S.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Profile Nieuport

Hi

I had the plans scanned and then I sent them to outerzone a few days ago. I know that it takes several days to get posted but it will be there.
Now we need to find the third plan, the Fokker D-VIII. I already have another friend who wants the Fokker plan.

Ray
Old 12-06-2020, 03:35 PM
sterbejj

Ray,

Much thanx for the follow-through. I, too, am looking forward to seeing the D-VIII plan made generally available. That would be a "Hat Trick" to see all three in the air at the same time.

FWIW, I plan to use a Park 180 motor with a 2 cell 180 mAh battery along with a Spektrum AR6400 Rx. That combination might not be enough to properly power one of these models but that would be my starting point.

V/r,

Casey
Old 12-11-2020, 10:19 PM
sterbejj

Just got this message from Ray: It made it onto outerzone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow this link: https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=12663

So two of the three Chris Soenksen mini-plane plans are now available at Outerzone! Does anyone out there have a copy of the third plan that they could share?