Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Spektrum dxs servo jitters

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Spektrum dxs servo jitters

Old 11-06-2020, 03:16 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Spektrum dxs servo jitters

I bought this radio recently because I like the compact RX [AR410]. The RX does not have any antenna whiskers, [which is nice if it works].

First question...has anyone "challenged" this radio's range limits already..? For flying 1/2A I'd like to be safe out to 600 feet. I feel that is further than I'd be able to see a tiny 1/2A model.

Secondly....my very trustworthy HS65s [with the carbonite gears] buzz and drift with this radio. I am using a 300 mah LIFE battery.
I can plug in other servos that don't drift or buzz, but I want to be able to use the HS65 servos where ever possible.
The HS 65 servos work just fine with another Spektrum radio system / LIFE RX battery combo.

I just looked at what Spektrum has to offer for servos and the prices seem too high, plus I was not able to get any physical / size data for their servos.
Does HK have a servo that matches the HS65 in size and performance..?

The HS65 measures 1 1/16" across the mounting screw holes and it is not quite 1/2" wide.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:59 PM
perttime

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do the servos jitter on their own, or with the weight of a control surface attached?
I've heard about digital servos sometimes trying to center but overshooting, unless you damp them somehow.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:34 PM
Pond Skipper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck I sent you a PM / message on CEF about a rare engine find.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:07 AM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by perttime View Post
Do the servos jitter on their own, or with the weight of a control surface attached?
I've heard about digital servos sometimes trying to center but overshooting, unless you damp them somehow.
They buzz and drift without anything attached to the arm. I used a pair of diodes to drop the 6.6v down to 5.4v and the problem is less severe, but it's still detectable.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:07 AM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by Pond Skipper View Post
Chuck I sent you a PM / message on CEF about a rare engine find.
Thanks Brad, I'll go take a peek...!