Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Testor's McCoy .049 Engine

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Testor's McCoy .049 Engine

Old 04-27-2022, 02:46 PM
Red Baron Mike
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Testor's McCoy .049 Engine

Are there any fans of the Testor's McCoy .049 engine still? I have a near new one currently listed in the Marketplace with Testors" Original 6x3" Prop and Spinner.

Here is a link to a You Tube Video with another modeler running his engine, demonstrating how they are user friendly and very consistent runners.

Last edited by Red Baron Mike; 04-27-2022 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:45 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Low power and heavy due to the built on starter. But they start super easily and run well enough to fly a model. Not the sort you want to put into anything needing high performance. But for a casual sport flying model with moderate performance? I lovely little mill for that sort of thing. I've got two of them. Haven't used either in years but I won't get rid of them due to the nice memories of the models that did use them. That and my plan to make a Veco Dakota bipe for free flight flying at the big meets down in Oregon in their time target Dakota event.

Warning. Be sure the lower radial lug is still intact. I managed to snap one off and it broke away in a manner that resulted in a case leak due to the broken away part having part of the rear cover's gasket seat. I ended up using silicon gasket glue instead of the paper gasket. But it's annoying and means that if I have to remove the cover it needs to be fully cleaned and re-glued.
Old 04-30-2022, 07:32 AM
Red Baron Mike
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your reply. Just sold to a good home.

Regards,