Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

2004 1/2A Design Contest Official Rules

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

2004 1/2A Design Contest Official Rules

Old 05-01-2004, 02:21 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2004 1/2A Design Contest Official Rules

Thanks Guys,

I'm in Winston Salem right now, we just played this crazy Festival, gonna go home early and work for a few hours before we go play ANOTHER crazy festival in Richmond, VA.

I AM GOING TO FINISH AND FLY THIS PLANE!!!!!

by the 8th at Rog's Fly-In.

time to hit the sack, I honestly do love sleeping on the floor.

timothy
Old 05-10-2004, 05:08 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So its the 10th... when does the voting start??

AJC
Old 05-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I takes a bit of time to set up the voting scripts and database. Unfortunately time is something that I haven't had a lot of lately. I'll post here when it's ready.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:24 PM
ajcoholic

OK Bipe - wasn't trying to be pushy or anything
Old 05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Bipe Flyer

No problem. I didn't think you were being pushy. Sorry if I sounded that way.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:33 PM
ajcoholic

I know what its like to be busy, and this is far from priority I am sure... you just take your time, we all certainly appreciate you hosting the site AND doing the vote thing too...

AJC
Old 05-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Bipe Flyer

Default Voting is ready

The voting page is ready to go. Go to http://www.donatelli.net/contest and select the 2004 contest.

You can peruse the entries on the left and when you are ready, vote on the right hand pane.

Voting:
If you are a contestant then you have a total of 5 points with which to vote. Select the 3 points and 2 points votes from the drop down list and click one of the radio buttons to select your 1 point vote click the Vote button. You cannot vote for your own entry with either the 3 or 2 point votes.

Non-contestants can place a 1 point vote for the plane of their choice by selecting a radio button and clicking the Vote button.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:31 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I've unstickied this thread.

Congrats to all that participated. And special contragts to AJC and Matchlessaero for hauling in the votes. There is a lot of eye candy in the pics of the models for all that participated.

I'd love to see the Altair done to around 280 sq inches as a scale 1/2A Texaco style model.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:32 AM
ajcoholic

Congratulations guys, for the ones that entered their planes, it was a learning experience and I am sure we all picked up some neat new ideas and such. For the guys who didnt make it in time, well, there will be next year (I'm in for sure ) and just start a bit earlier

Like last year, the main thing to me was to be able to justify spending time on a new model, and learning something new. I hope some of the fellows that were just watching this year build a plane for the next year's contest - its too much fun not too

Its kind of a let down in a way for this to be over for another year though.. know what I mean? The most exciting thig for me this year was to be able to share my building ideas and the process, even more than having a plane in the end, to add to my 1/2A hangar.

Oh well, next Jan isnt that far away is it??

AJC
Old 05-18-2004, 07:30 AM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Congratulations to AJ, wonderful plane, wonderful design(s), wonderful workmanship! (and a good all round guy too!)

Same to Derek. That little Altair was/is wonderful. You really captured the essence of that beautiful shape. Really liked your building techniques and fuel tank experiments.

and Congrats also to everyone who worked up the guts to enter/finish something. Its not an easy thing to draw something up and throw it out there in front of the whole world for critique.
All the entries had something special about them, whether it was design work, originality, craftsmanship or just plain 'neatness'.

I really cannot wait until next year, however in the meantime, I think I will just fly my little Chipmunk and enjoy ripping it down the runway, inverted, 1 foot off the ground