Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

JK-whizard

Old 05-09-2004, 07:05 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK-whizard

so I trashed my whizard back last spring but the wing is ok,, and I fixed the wing of my JKAerotech T-52 trainer 3 times now but it wont work again,, the wing for the whizard is only 40" and the fuse is heavier on the JK and that wing was 52" with a boatload of dehidral so I am gonna try the whizard wing on the JK trainer and see how it works, I know it'll be faster but thats ok the trainer was starting to get a little boring,, cross your fingers for me, I got nothing to lose at this point.....Rog
Old 05-09-2004, 07:46 PM
jboy381-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JK-whizard

good luck ROG...try to keep it out of the trees

john
Old 05-10-2004, 06:46 AM
flyinrog

yeah thanks Jboy, well I went out at 06:30 this morning and tried it,,,not a good idea, not enough wing, it launched fine but it just snapped at any input,, ended up picking it up in pieces maybe I'll rebuild that LS150 or maybe just start on a new project.....Rog

now I really have nothing to lose
Old 05-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Rog,

You had made a LS 150? I did not know that. What happened to it? I think before we all get together again that we all need to make a LS 150 and have some sort of spec. class race with them!!! It would be a blast. We all have a Cox .049 reedie in our boxes somewhere. They are easy, cheap and fast to build and they are hard as rocks if they hit the dirt!!! Picture a half dozen LS 150's buzzing around it would make Lynn proud!!!

Later,
Tim
Old 05-10-2004, 07:55 AM
flyinrog

Yeah I had one made but I took it apart to make the design contest ..I was gonna make a .020 corsair, made the wing and fuse, but didnt like the way it was going together so I went with the Frankenstang...I'll see if I can find the patterns to make it (LS 150) again....I was just going to PM you anyway....man that was a beautiful job you did on that engine.... for those of you out of the know.....I bought a .049 off ebay for like $20 sent it to Tim to pretty up for me and offer it up as a prize at the flyin.........when he showed up with it I thought it was one of his killer engines he shows on ebay ...I was shocked to find out it was the crapper I sent him!!! it truley is a thing of beauty and he named it after me! it is a Red Devil .049 RB (I am Roger Bond) and anyway I didnt have anything left to fly so the 7 of us tossed the dice (5 dice)for this engine and I won it with a 23.....I will have to wait till I am better pilot, cause I sure wouldnt want to scratch this thing up....... I will get a pic up of it sometime...Rog

Yeah good idea with the LS150 idea , easy enough to make we could all fly one together maybe later in the summer we could meet at the other field, if you can afford the gas for that cruiser you got its about 15 miles further away.......I'd be happy to try it again,, maybe a 1/2a///combat thing? so more folks would show up........are you in?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Am I in.....are you nuts? Of course I am, who wouldn't want to hang out with a crazy bunch of dudes like us!!!!!

LAter,
Tim
Old 05-10-2004, 06:19 PM
jboy381-RCU

i'm in also!!!you guys already seen what happens whe the LS150 goes in...i think i chashed two or three times staurday...brought it back to the table with no damage...i won't miss a chance to hang out and lies...

john
Old 05-16-2004, 08:17 AM
flyinrog

well, I found a scrap piece of 1/4" ply and cut a 14" piece with the dehidral in for the JK trainer, and dug out a groove for it in the Wing, epoxied it in and voila! tough as ever(serious spar), soon as I get the clay outa the engine and remount it, I should be back in business!!!!!!!.....Rog
Old 05-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Lynn S

That would set a world record to have more than two LS150s together at one time! I would like to see that.
Don't forget to take the incidence out of the wing this time. I found an easy way to do it. Make an extra copy of the wing saddle and draw a line through the chord and cut it out. Then put that one over the wing saddle on the plan sheet. Lower the leading edge until that chord line is parallel with the bottom of the plane.
This will cut down the height in front of the wing so draw a new line over to the firewall. This gives a lower look to the front end makes the firewall shorter.
Just for fun, try a single channel(Rudder Only) version of the LS150. Bruce can tell you how to fly it. You build it as shown on the plans. It is a blast to fly with just rudder!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:50 AM
flyinrog

I also took the landing gear off of an old GWS E-starter I had (pos) and incorporated that into the motor mount so now I should be able to take off and land under power, that may prove beneficial in the future.......Rog