Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

any good 1/8A plane kits

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

any good 1/8A plane kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:35 AM
BMX invasion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any good 1/8A plane kits

Dose anyone know of a good 1/8A plane kit like 24" to 30" ws and will fly on a trotteled .010 engine. I have a guillows piper super cub that has a 24" ws and looks like it would work if I re cut all of the die cut parts out of lighter balsa and beefed up the wing and front of the fuse.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: any good 1/8A plane kits

http://www.earlyrcmodels.com/

Another RCU forum member. BobHH. I've seen his planes and they are very nice.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:16 PM
rrragmanliam
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radicalrc.com. Check out the microstick. $26.00 deliverd to your door, occasionaly you can find it on ebay @three bucks cheeper. I have one with a throttled .010. It's a real blast to fly. Very easy build.

Darren
Old 06-17-2005, 03:16 AM
MICRO-FLITE

MICRO-FLITE'S computer guru is presently working on the plans for a high-performance "full-house" (4-channel!) R/C plane especially designed for the MICRO-FLITE/COX TD .010 “R/C” ENGINE. After he is finished with this project, he will be working on the plans for a "1/8A" trainer especially designed for MICRO-FLITE'S .010 "R/C" ENGINE. Hopefully, we will be able to begin laser cutting kits this summer.

Thanks to SERCEFLYER for bringing to our attention a perfect trainer for the MICRO-FLITE .010 "R/C" ENGINE. We are now stocking Peck Polymer's Mini Bell! The Mini Bell is a "1/3 SIZE VERSION OF THE FAMOUS SR. FALCON 'LIBERTY BELL' MODEL...SPECIFICATIONS: wingspan 25 inches, wing area 100 sq. in."

With today's super light weight R/C, total flying weight should be around 6 ounces! With these specs. and a MICRO-FLITE .010 "R/C" ENGINE, you should have great performance. SERCEFLYER will have his Mini Bell flying by early summer with one of our .010 "R/C" ENGINES. Should be a lot of fun to see him put it through its paces and do some Texaco duration flying too. We will have a picture of the Mini Bell posted on our web site soon. (www.micro-flite.com)

Roger
Old 06-17-2005, 08:35 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wrong again.
I suspect Roger(micro-flite) has not done much, if any, flying on the Tee Dee 01. The Mini Bell flies pretty poorly on the 01, it was designed around the TD02.
As far as the kit he is hyping, it's pure vaporware, it does not exist, and I seriously doubt it ever will, as I have been hearing 'it's on the way" for three years now. Even if it DID actually exist, I would doubt that it has actually been FLOWN.

Your 24" super cub, well, depending on how light you can build, will probably be pretty mild on an 01. Check out the Pageboy from early RC models, or that microstick.