Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

NW Hobby Expo

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 02:34 PM
scudrunner77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NW Hobby Expo

Is anyone going? I'll probably be there Saturday. Looks like there is not going to be a swap meet on Sunday, which if fine cause I got burned last year by going Sunday and was very disappointed... in the swap meet.

www.nwhobbyexpo.com
Old 01-29-2006, 02:44 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: NW Hobby Expo

I've been disappointed in the swap meet part for years now. Seems like everyone wants a big chunk of gold bullion for junk. My last find was a box of misc plans that I got for $7. That was back about 6 or 7 years ago.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Next SUNDAY is out of the question! As long as I've waited to see the HAWKS in the SUPER BOWL, I think I might rent a back up TV and generator.

I'm already maxxed out on RC needs, but my wants haven't all been fullfilled yet If you see a CYCLON .15 down there for $100, give me a holler!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:42 PM
scudrunner77

Ah come on CP... I see where your loyalties are. Actually I don't even think I'm going to any Super Bowl parties myself cause I want to sit down and watch this one. As for me I'm still in need of some good engines... PM me your phone# and I will keep an eye open for the Cyclon.... The second one I find will be yours![8D]
Old 01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Last year the big game must have been on as well. I went the Sunday and was totally SHOCKED at how few folks were there. In a way it was great since the market display downstairs was easy to move around in for once. But it really reduced the display area upstairs since it seemed like many folks had taken their models away early or didn't bother to enter them just because they didn't want to come and get them post game.

As a non football or much of anything else pro sports fan I found it sad to see that so many modellers don't have their priorities in the right place....
Old 01-29-2006, 05:56 PM
scudrunner77

At least they lowered the price this year for Sunday... I would be shocked if anyone it there ... You might be the only one Bruce.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:29 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Having a fairly stiff admission price kills the deal for me also. What does it cost now? After spending 4 hours on a round trip, and $20 on gas, the last thing I want to get hit with is a fee to get inside. They might actually make more money on the show if it didn't cost as much to get in.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
burtcs

I MAY be going on Saterday, don't know. The Expro is so embarassing, it's not about modeling anymore it's about peddling junk. Electric junk, 1/4 scale junk, ARF junk. The swap meet is just plain dangerous. With the car race cretins running amouk and race cars all over the place. Somebodies going to get hurt. You think they could do that upstairs since there are no more models being displayed or out on the ball diamond.

Just my take - Steve B.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:12 PM
scudrunner77

CP- I think it's $8 dollars to get in.

Steve- I feel like I'm getting old by saying this...but 13 yrs ago or so I thought the Expo was great...! I was into cars then and I got to watch them race on real dirt in one of the barns. I have not seen any of that lately... just the carpet racers. Then last year I took my son because he wanted to see the trains... there where no trains, not one. And you can't race cars up stairs.. cause there flying planes up there. Even more safe.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:41 AM
scudrunner77

Well the Expo is getting even worse....

But I did get a new in box Tee Dee .049, and new in box Black Widow... $50 for the pair. I think that's a pretty good deal. The Tee Dee with probably go in my contest plane and for the BW... I'm tempted to build on of those deltas PT designed. Most vendors had Hitec servo's for really cheap.... but I ran out of money. Next year (if I go)I'll by a years supply of HS-55. They were going for less then $14.00
Old 02-07-2006, 10:02 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BMatthews
As a non football or much of anything else pro sports fan I found it sad to see that so many modellers don't have their priorities in the right place....

Bruce you and I must be the only 2 non fans in this hemisphere, I did watch the last 2 minutes of the super bowl and saw the Stones (just by chance) massacre "satisfaction" (you'd think he'd remember the words to a song he's been singing for 40 years) yet one more time,,I am in the heart of NASCAR country and that go fast and turn left stuff is right up there with golf/static as far as I'm concerned ...We actually had a heck of a turnout at our swapmeet this year,,cars parked everywhere,every table was rented early and you could hardly move by 09:00 ..it has been an annual event now for I think 18 years though so we do have a name now....Rog
Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Add me to the list of Pro Sport haters too Rog!!!!! How can we pay some meathead 5 million clams for a couple years work but in the mean time teachers have to pay out of their own pockets for suppies to teach our kids.

LAter,
Tim
Old 02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
109....someday
My Feedback: (1)

I was at the show on Saturday. I have not gone in a few years, ever since it started to get so small. I remember when you could not walk around in the buildings. The model display section is absolutely pitiful compared to what it used to be. My dad used to drive up to Puyallup from Portland with me and my brother. He lugged two kids, my little brother still in a stroller to go to this show. We went every single year until I was 16, then it just started to get so small we quit. I really miss those days with the trains everywhere, a hundred show planes, carpet cars going, dirt track running, helicopter demos- outside with big glow choppers. I had fun, even bought a couple engines, but it sure wasn't like the old days.