Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Shu Gee?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:01 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shu Gee?

I won an old 1/2A racer off the bay designed by this guy, you heard of him?..it was originally made with a foam wing ACE I think, but includes an update of ribs and redrawn in 1986 by Art Reiners..the model has mostly pre cut parts but all the formers are stamped/inked on wood no diecut parts, it does have a hardware (dubro) kit in it which surprised me..its shows a TD .049 ever heard of it?...Rog

oh btw the plane is called a shu-off
Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Shu Gee?

Heres a link to a page with the plans for 4 bucks http://www.freeflightmodels.com/page...port_power.htm
listed as a 1/2a racer PRC704
Old 10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shu Gee?

Rog,
I was going to bid as well on that plane, but knew you had to have it. I built one about ten years ago and it was a fun little number. A little heavy by todays standards, but can be made less heavy w/ sanding etc. Looks real cool when complete and quite quick- stay on top of it. Have fun
Dale
Old 03-24-2021, 09:51 PM
Jkid

Default Do you still have this?

Originally Posted by flyinrog
I won an old 1/2A racer off the bay designed by this guy, you heard of him?..it was originally made with a foam wing ACE I think, but includes an update of ribs and redrawn in 1986 by Art Reiners..the model has mostly pre cut parts but all the formers are stamped/inked on wood no diecut parts, it does have a hardware (dubro) kit in it which surprised me..its shows a TD .049 ever heard of it?...Rog

oh btw the plane is called a shu-off
long shot, but I think this was made by my grandpa, Shu Gee? Was this in CA or AZ? He was really into RC planes and I ran across this thread when doing a late night search on him (he’s since passed). If so, I’d love a picture of the plane if possible to add to my keepsakes. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2021, 02:15 AM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight=Shu%20Gee

Old 03-25-2021, 02:20 AM
Pond Skipper

Old 03-25-2021, 02:21 AM
Pond Skipper

Old 03-25-2021, 02:23 AM
Pond Skipper

New SHU-OFF 1/2A pylon racer kit #RC204 by R/N Models.

Unique rare pylon racer utilizing the well known ACE mini foam wing (constant chord version) with the same airfoil used by the ACE Pacer and Mach None, among the best of the 1/2A pattern planes.
As such it would make a great flying, totally unique electric conversion. I believe it was designed by
ShuGee an aeronautical engineer and had a limited production run.

The kit is surprisingly complete with ACE foam wings, Du-Bro 1/2A accessory packs (control horn pack, strip aileron linkage hook-up kit), extensive machine cut balsawood and plywood parts, control push rods, aluminum landing gear and wheels.

Specifications:

Wingspan: 34"
Chord: 6"
Area: 204 sq."
Length: 25"
Weight: 22.5 oz.
The following users liked this post:
Jkid (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 06:28 AM
Jkid

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by Pond Skipper
New SHU-OFF 1/2A pylon racer kit #RC204 by R/N Models.

Unique rare pylon racer utilizing the well known ACE mini foam wing (constant chord version) with the same airfoil used by the ACE Pacer and Mach None, among the best of the 1/2A pattern planes.
As such it would make a great flying, totally unique electric conversion. I believe it was designed by
ShuGee an aeronautical engineer and had a limited production run.

The kit is surprisingly complete with ACE foam wings, Du-Bro 1/2A accessory packs (control horn pack, strip aileron linkage hook-up kit), extensive machine cut balsawood and plywood parts, control push rods, aluminum landing gear and wheels.

Specifications:

Wingspan: 34"
Chord: 6"
Area: 204 sq."
Length: 25"
Weight: 22.5 oz.
thank you so much! This is highly likely from him! He was an aeronautical engineer so I’m verifying with my dad, but will assume it’s him! Thanks so very much for sending the pictures - I truly appreciate it!