Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Norvel glow heads - Hypercolor?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Norvel glow heads - Hypercolor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:08 PM
049flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Norvel glow heads - Hypercolor?

I ordered 3 glow heads from the hypercolor.biz website about 5 weeks ago. I paid with paypal . I have not received anything in the mail as of today.

I have left an email and two phone messages for hypercolor. So far no glow heads and no answer to emails or phone calls.

Anyone heard or seen of the people involved with this business?

I would avoid ordering until this gets cleared up!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:27 PM
uliner
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Norvel glow heads - Hypercolor?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6188418/tm.htm

He has a full plate right about now, and is a good guy.
And the "people" is just one guy in a basement.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:08 PM
rv7driver
My Feedback: (105)

Tim, Will send your items, it takes a while but I've received every item I ordered from him. Tim has a lot going on right now please just be patient.

Pete
Old 10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll second that. I ordered a Skyline engine back in August and it took a while to receive. Believe me, it was worth the wait. He's got a lot going on as others have said but he'll do you right in time. When he's had time, he responded to my email questions and when he was busy, he didn't. Seems like a good guy.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
catracer343

I too ordered a turbo head for my .074 back on Sept. 23rd. -Havn't heard anything as of yet... (no returned phone calls or e-mails) I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that I don't "foul a plug" [:@]until I get the new head. I also hope that everything is ok with his little girl, I now remember reading on here that she wasn't doing well a few months back. Until then, I will wait with high expectations and dreams of a Norvie that will spin a 7x4 faster than 14k. -Craig
Old 10-13-2007, 07:03 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will take a while, but you'll get your heads and be happy with them.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Digger-RCU

Catracer,
It may be a bit off topic, but I have never found a stock 0.74 norvel that liked the APC 7x4 very much. It seems to be just a little too much for the engine. (Seems under powered and heats up the engine). A 7x3, and better yet 6.3x4, seems to work much better for a stock 074.

Digger
Old 10-24-2007, 07:50 PM
catracer343

Thanks Digger...Ijust picked up an APC 6.3x4 (.15 combat) ,but have not had a chance to try it out yet. Does anyone here ever see Tim Wiltse? It's been over a month and I have heard absolutley NOTHING from him. Not even a phone call or e-mail! How do you sell somthing that you do not have? I just don't get it...and it's starting to wind me up a bit.[:@] The least he could do is call me so I don't have to go out and buy another head elsewhere. It would only take 2 minutes of his time. I know what it's like to have a full plate and to be constantly busy, but give me a break! End of today's rant. -Craig
Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: catracer343

I too ordered a turbo head for my .074 back on Sept. 23rd. -Havn't heard anything as of yet... (no returned phone calls or e-mails) I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that I don't "foul a plug" [:@]until I get the new head. I also hope that everything is ok with his little girl, I now remember reading on here that she wasn't doing well a few months back. Until then, I will wait with high expectations and dreams of a Norvie that will spin a 7x4 faster than 14k. -Craig

If you get in a bind, I'll hook you up.

ETA: He's not real good about answering emails, or at least he wasn't with me. But, like others told me here when I was waiting, you will get your stuff and be happy with it.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2fast,

Tim was in an accident a couple of months ago. He was hit by a drunk driver and both he and his daughter were injured. Perhaps he is still recovering.

Here's the link:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6188418/tm.htm

George
Old 11-02-2007, 03:58 PM
049flyer

I will continue to wait but it is now 2 months since placing the order.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 AM
049flyer

Still nothing. 2 1/2 months since placing my order. Sent emails and left phone messages. No response to anything. It seems to me that he should at least shut down the website or refuse additional orders until he can catch up.

I ordered and paid for 3 heads on September 5th it is now November 15th. How much longer would you guys wait?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 2fast

Still nothing. 2 1/2 months since placing my order. Sent emails and left phone messages. No response to anything. It seems to me that he should at least shut down the website or refuse additional orders until he can catch up.

I ordered and paid for 3 heads on September 5th it is now November 15th. How much longer would you guys wait?
2fast,,if its something you need to actually fly, then try and buy a glow head off the bay or here...if not,, Tim is a member of the Carolina 1/2A Crew and everybody will vouch for him,,not sure of his immediate predicament but he would give you the shirt off his back..you will get your parts.......oh and its not a basement, its a shed out back.......Rog
I know you dont know me from a hole in the ground, but I know Tim and he's one of the good ones........
Old 11-15-2007, 08:39 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

2fast, I'll vouch for Tim's character. Frankly his absence from the forum has me a bit worried. How long would I wait? Forever. If I thought he was in a bad way and needed cash, I'd put a check in the mail. (so would most of the "older" guys on the forum) On the other hand, that is a long time and you don't know him. But, maybe I can help. Send me a PM of what you ordered. As long as it isn't an .074 head (I don't have one to measure) it's possible I can get you going in the meantime.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Yuu

That's a kind offer ptulmer. If I were injured that badly, AND had a sick and injured kid too, I would not go through 600 or 700 irate E-mails looking for something to do. Sending MORE irate E-Mails just pushes the 'stack' that much further back for the rest of us too. This site has a Great bunch of guys; let's keep it that way.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 PM
049flyer

Thanks for the quick response guys. Were it not for you gentlemen I would have given up long ago. I have NOT left any irate emails or phone messages on Tim's computer or phone. First I don't do business that way, and second Tim seems to have many friends on this forum vouching for his character. If you guys aren't worried then I won't worry either.

PTULMER- Thanks for your kind offer. I am not in a bind for the heads so I don't need the one you so kindly offer. I will wait for my very own to arrive.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It would sure be nice to hear that Tim was ok. When I got started into 1/2A this summer, he was very helpful by giving advice in email correspondence. I ordered a Skyline engine from him and it's very nice(though I have yet to run it). It seemed that he was one of the most regular posters here and I'm sure many miss his presence. I plan to do more business with him someday when everything is ok and he has time for this part of his life again.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 AM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

I posted on this forum a few months ago on how you could do your own turbo conversions if you're handy with a drill press. You can find the bit at the local hardware store and the Internet will give you sources for the tap for about ten dollars.

You can even use old, burnt out plugs as a blank.