Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Cox .09 prop size

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cox .09 prop size

I'm currently running a Cox Medallion .09 on my Pong Two and using the Cox rubber ducky 7x3.5 props. They seem to perform just fine on this plane but these are getting harder to come by and I've only got 1 spare now. I'm considering trying some APC props out on this bird but not sure what would work best. The plane has a 44" span and weighs 23.3oz. Thinking about trying the 7x3 and 7x4. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:06 AM
SST
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox .09 prop size

Graupner makes a 7X3 that is a virtual twin to the Cox prop, and is supposed to be nearly identical, performance-wise. I haven't tried them though, as I have several of the Cox props yet...
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tee Bee

I'm currently running a Cox Medallion .09 on my Pong Two and using the Cox rubber ducky 7x3.5 props. They seem to perform just fine on this plane but these are getting harder to come by and I've only got 1 spare now. I'm considering trying some APC props out on this bird but not sure what would work best. The plane has a 44" span and weighs 23.3oz. Thinking about trying the 7x3 and 7x4. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sure - those are both good choices. I'd probably try the 7-3 first, but I imagine both will perform decently.

MJD

Edit: rooting through my 1/8A - .15 prop drawer, I see I have one rubber ducky 7-3.5, and one Bartels glass-epoxy clone which used to be the hot ticket for .15 free flight. People used to use the Cox props but they had a tendency to chuck blades on hot FAI .15's. Rough molding job but I imagine it was meant to be cleaned up by the end user.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 AM
Tee Bee

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. I put some of those APCs on my wish list.