Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

LM .074 "throttle"

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM .074 "throttle"

Getting a LM .074 ready for installation, & about to Devcon an Enya .09 carb on it. However, just wondering if any of you folks have sucessfully rigged up the LM muffler throttle for use on a fixed wing aircraft. Doesn't seem possible, but you guys have proven to be quite resourceful, so thought I'd ask before mixing up the 2-part goop. Think that there are a couple of different models, so will try to attach a pic of what I have. .......................... George K.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88800.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1156655  
Old 03-13-2009, 02:23 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LM .074 "throttle"

I think a CS carb fits right in without having to glue it....
Old 03-13-2009, 08:21 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah its been done, you just need a bellcrank to work the throttle,,...glue a tine piece of ply on the side infront of the firewall for it to pivot on ..an L shaped piece (bellcrank) the throttle servo goes back and forth making the bellcrank go left to right...Rog
you can use 1/2 of a servo arm or make your own...easier than switching a carb out....since it already has the exhaust restrictor
Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I thought that I had read, here, about someone using a carb that was a close fit, but a search didn't come up with anything. Will try the "rog fix" first, since I won't have to purchase any more hardware. Then, if I get things too cobbled up I can always buy the CS carb. ........................ George K.