Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Maybe a Nontest entry, we'll see..

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Maybe a Nontest entry, we'll see..

Old 09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Maybe a Nontest entry, we'll see..

.. how it turns out.

The working name is "Mock Nun" in deference to the model that inspired it. That's a stupid name for an airplane, but it could be a good name for a piece of costume lingerie. Hmm, my wife does bear a vague resemblance to a short Julie andrews with glasses.

Oh dear, another installment on my ticket straight down..

MJD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29482.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1268036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23522.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1268037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63698.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1268038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xr45364.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1268039  
Old 09-03-2009, 01:39 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Maybe a Nontest entry, we'll see..

I don't know Mike, you start flying planes like that and next thing you know you'll have nothing in your wardrobe but white pants, white loafers and "TEAM FUTABA" shirts and hats.....[8D]
You'll know the transformation is complete when after each flight you run around to everyone and ask, "What's my score man, WHAT'S MY SCORE?? "
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
eroc144

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you kidding? That's a GREAT name. Maybe I'll build one named "Fry 'er Toes" At least you'll have company in the underworld...

EG

PS - I like your front seat plane storage rack.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

I don't know Mike, you start flying planes like that and next thing you know you'll have nothing in your wardrobe but white pants, white loafers and ''TEAM FUTABA'' shirts and hats.....[8D]
You'll know the transformation is complete when after each flight you run around to everyone and ask, ''What's my score man, WHAT'S MY SCORE?? ''
Well, what if I yank the TD mount (see the optional beam mount plate?) and drop in a firewall for the Profi .061? Then I could ask "How many pattern snobs did I piss off this time?".. [>:]

MJD
Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: eroc144
PS - I like your front seat plane storage rack.
That's called "I went lekkie flying in town with some lekkie geeks in town yesterday evening and was, as usual, too bloody lazy to unload the truck."

There's something about unloading airplane stuff when I get home that drives me to drink. I can't be alone. Half of it's still in there too.. I pulled the film covered model though, it's pretty sunny out.

MJD
Old 09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I like the looks of it, but it needs it's own identity. It'd look pretty cool done up in aluminum with a beer can logo, like High Gravity Malt Liquor, Coors, etc. There's a how-to thread about laying out complex monokote designs by assembling them first on glass, then transferring to the plane that I'd like to try someday.
What did you use to build this fuselage?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
MJD

Yeah, I dunno whether to reference the ACE nod or not. The fuse sides are 1/16", with 1/64" ply doublers to just behind the wing. Formers 2,3,4 in the radio/wing compartment are 1/16" ply. Firewall 1/8" ply. Rear section formers 1/16" balsa but a bit split- prone as is, need to add cross grain or change material. 1/16" ply would add about 2-3 grams so maybe I'll just do that. Sheeting all 1/16" balsa except lower nose section out of very light 1/4" and sanded purty, when I get there anyways. Fuse is a hair over 40 grams so far.

Tail surfaces are made but I need to take a pic. Wing is built up but I haven't really started yet, because I found that the rib-interlocking holes in the TE got offset during file translation for cutting. IOW they got f-ed up by the laser cutter.

I'm going to go with 34" span versus the extra 6" in the actual M=1, since the gross weight is bound to be way less. And I want it somewhat zippy. I might actually move the VA .049 R/C out of the Blink into this, makes more sense. I'll put a c/l engine on the Blink.

MJD