Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

rainedave ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default rainedave ??

Has anyone heard from rainedave recently? His last post on RCU was in mid-August.

andrew
Old 10-29-2009, 01:12 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: rainedave ??

Andrew, I've wondered about him recently too. He mentioned maybe a year ago or more that he was getting burned out either with 1/2A or with the hobby in general. I think he tapered off after the Shark 15 came out.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been reading a lot of detective stories from the 40s and 50s lately. I've also studied Humphrey Bogart's movies. So I know all about stakeouts and roughing up people.

Armed with these skills - and with a modest retainer from youse-all (preferably paid in pre-Barack dollars) - I could bring him to justice.

Tell youse what I'm gonna do, I will throw in for FREE a stakeout on the 14th of November. I will lurk in the dark corners of the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds and pounce upon him - and if I have to I will show him my gat - and make him report in.

No need to thank me. Just remember to call on me any time youse needs a tough guy.

or

I offer special rates for sweet talking dames with legs up to here.

Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been reading a lot of detective stories from the 40s and 50s lately. I've also studied Humphrey Bogart's movies. So I know all about stakeouts and roughing up people.

Armed with these skills - and with a modest retainer from youse-all (preferably paid in pre-Barack dollars) - I could bring him to justice.

Tell youse what I'm gonna do, I will throw in for FREE a stakeout on the 14th of November. I will lurk in the dark corners of the Dixie Classic Fairgrounds and pounce upon him - and if I have to I will show him my gat - and make him report in.

No need to thank me. Just remember to call on me any time youse needs a tough guy.

or

I offer special rates for sweet talking dames with legs up to here.

How do YOU spell relief?
LOL!!!

FB
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

OK Raymond, just step away from the bowl of Halloween cheer....

If he mentioned getting a bit burned out then it's highly likely he's off on some other pursuit at the moment. As a guy that has a list of intrests that numbers up around 20 to 25 things I know how this works all too well. There isn't time to do more than a few at once so the others need to rest a spell. You've all probably noticed that I haven't been doing much building the last few years. In fact other than my Mini Reb and a couple of rubber models nothing has flown off my bench in that time. But it's not like I've been sitting around twiddling my thumbs either. Just off on other intrests. The building and flying will be back in the limelight soon enough.

And I'll bet the same is going on with Dave.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:10 PM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rainedav is doing fine. I had lunch with him last week.... he is taking a brief respite and playing with electric guitars on the side.

We talked about holding a 1/2A get together near Raleigh sometime in Spring 2010 to get BobH, Raymond, Vic, Fireman, Banjoflier, FlyinRog, HFenn etc. together. We thought Raleigh may be a little closer for everyone.

I gave him the 11/14 Winston Salem Swap Shop flyer (funny thing he is in the picture on the flyer - left side holding the bag), so we are good on the stakeout

Brian

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Db84535.pdf (619.8 KB, 33 views)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Raymond LeFlyr

Whew, for a minute there I thought he had put on some weight!

But seriously ladies and germs, I too have many different interests. I calls 'em my Honey-Do-List .
Old 10-30-2009, 07:51 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Raindave, Bsarge,banjoairplane and I all got a little burned out around the same time, some sickness and a death take a toll on us all sometimes....I'm getting laid off the end of the year...so no good news around here, I flew once back in january and my heli once this summer,,got more important stuff to do for now....I'll get back to it,dang field dues are due too....Rog
Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

Jeeze guys, it sounds like we need to get together for a "fix" - and soon!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in if you brings the steaks and dames with long legs...as long as they only have two.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:39 PM
LittleRock

Yeah, and I would like to attend and I live in Arkansas. When is it ???

Steve
Old 10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

ORIGINAL: vicman

I'm in if you brings the steaks and dames with long legs...as long as they only have two.
When did you get picky?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:56 AM
av8rsodt
My Feedback: (23)

We should figure something out for the Spring. Raymond / Bob / Vic... where would be a good field to meet near Raleigh?

As I mentioned, Rainedav and I were discussing maybe getting together for a day of some sport 1/2A flying and some reedie racing. The racing only takes a couple of hours to complete, so that would leave the remainder of the day to fly whatever you bring.

I thought it would be really cool to also do a float fly, maybe 1/2A to about .10-.15 size planes. It is a blast. All we would need is some time to build floats and add them to our planes.

Food for thought,
Brian
Old 10-31-2009, 07:57 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

When did you get picky?
I say old chap, good shot what?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

I agree with everyone that we need to get together. I talked with David last week and it seems there is a lot of the "burn out" going on and a lot of it is related to the economy in general. We are going to get together in a week or so and fly. Roger, when are you available...would be great to have you there too. Need to put the fun back into all this. I'm in for anything/everything we can come up with. Been way too long since we got together.

Dan
Carolina Custom Aircraft
Old 10-31-2009, 05:37 PM
flyinrog

Ya'll keep talking, and maybe I will get the chargers back out. 5 or 6 of us could use my field and probably not bother anyone, this time of year or I could come up to Hurdle Mills if your having it Dan...there is a field this side of Raleigh on a lake or river that I have seen pics of but couldnt tell you where it is....Rog
Old 10-31-2009, 08:19 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

ORIGINAL: av8rsodt

We talked about holding a 1/2A get together near Raleigh sometime in Spring 2010
That would be cool, my daughter lives in Raleigh= free B&B.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Raymond LeFlyr

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

there is a field this side of Raleigh on a lake or river that I have seen pics of but couldnt tell you where it is....Rog
Rog,

you're probably thinking of the Flying Tigers of Jordan Lake. Picturesque place, no amenities. I haven't flown there in a couple of years. But when I did I was the only one who made noise with the little screamers. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the members when I did - and I expect that a 'swarm' wouldn't be welcomed at all.

If you remember, this is why I never had any more Carolina 1/2A Crew Convergences at my home field near Smithfield. People object to the unmuffled song of an .049 - yet drool and flex their muscles when someone cranks up a gas-beast.

Don't get me wrong, I have a couple of gassies too - but some of them are way louder and more annoying than any TD I've ever run (to me anyway).
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

It's the pitch of the .049s that get to people. It's like listening to a whining wife.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 AM
on pipe

Hey Rich! I take offense to that! My .049's don't sound near as bad as my wifes whining! Ross
Old 11-02-2009, 09:08 AM
MJD

I run .049's for relief from the nagging.. it's music to the ears and even bit louder than my wife. If you've been married over ten years you gotta run nothing bigger than a 5-3 or it's not effective.

MJD

Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 AM
rainedave

Hey gang! All is well. I did get a bit burned out. I'm all for some kind of event to get everybody together again.

Thanks for the concern.

David
Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
build light

Good to hear from you David! Thanks for the heads up!

Robert