Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Grumpy Old (& Rude) Men

Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Grumpy Old (& Rude) Men

Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 PM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grumpy Old (& Rude) Men

OK guys, Found this on the other site 1/2a forum. It was a refering to the guys at RCU. Would this gentleman be talking 'bout any of us? Can't hardly imagine anyone here being "OLD, Grumpy, & RUDE". (tongue-in-cheek). I'm probably near the OLDEST here, & at times, GRUMPY, but I try not to be RUDE, .... HONEST!!!. ................. enjoy, ..........................George K.

"That other forum frightens me... A lot of grumpy folks there, it seems. This website seems to be a lot friendlier. Over there, it's sad to read the "discussions" about AMA, Monokote (now THAT'S a hot button for some people apparently), Electric vs. Glow, Futaba vs. just about any other radio system, etc. Folks are just plain rude to each other.

I'm a new RC modeler and everyone I've met in person seems to be quite nice (although I've run into a couple of the grumpy old men in person as well) and helpful. I'm sure it's a small minority that causes all the ruckus on the forums, but it's still unnerving to see all the name calling, bad mouthing, etc...

This is just a hobby to me and not worth getting all worked up over petty things."

Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Grumpy Old (& Rude) Men

HAH! That guy, whoever the %&*@ he is, must be a bed wettin', namby-pamby, goody-goody-two-shoes, cry-babyin', mama's-boy.........!!

Isn't RCG the "Training Forum" for RCU?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:42 PM
mtntopgeo
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

HAH! That guy, whoever the %&*@ he is, must be a bed wettin', namby-pamby, goody-goody-two-shoes, cry-babyin', mama's-boy.........!!

Isn't RCG the ''Training Forum'' for RCU?

Jeeeeeeze CP, I wus drinken a cool one while reading your response. Now I gotta clean up my keyboard. ...... George K.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:03 AM
combatpigg

....Oh Man! That reminds me of laughing when you still have a sip of rootbeer or Coke to swallow yet. I learned from experience that spitting it out is better than sending it through those 2 nasal ports.

Well George, I have lurked the AMA forum over there and it seems more like a Wild West Show than the one over here. Way crankier and grumpier from what I've seen.

The 1/2A forum over there seems more "dead" than this one, too.

They seem to be right on top of everything that is electric though.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:24 AM
longdan

They are almost "anti glow" over there.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone needs to go over there and claim the same thing about the anal retentive boy's club snobs that have driven them to RCU where things really happen.. forum wars, alriiiiight!

MJD
Old 02-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever read through our AMA forum? It's a veritable hen party with all the B#$%^ing going on. I have not looked through RCG's so I can't compare. Some people have honest quantitative information and viable issues. Then someone comes in griping, "but what if!!!" and spawns an all out B$^&% fest out of something that does not exist.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
MJD

The world of petty politics never changes, does it? Simply create any kind of group or association and nature takes it's course; for every head there's a butt.

MJD

p.s. slightly more PC
Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Mr Cox

Well, if we are not careful this thread might just prove them right, D'oh! [:'(]
Old 02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
MJD

Well, yes I noticed that. Here, I'll edit it..
Old 02-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Invertedflyby
My Feedback: (15)

Here's another one. www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9208345/tm.htm
Old 02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Toad

LOL
good entertainment.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
OzMo

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Isn't RCG the ''Training Forum'' for RCU?
Good thing he didn't flame him huh? Who is he callin old? Maybe his sense of humor wasn't quite up to snuf.
I like the 1/2A forum here just fine. I may change though if they ever figure out how to digitize smells[>:]
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 PM
MJD

I couldn't help myself when I went over there.. forgive me!

Lucky I edited the first two drafts a bit.

MJD
Old 02-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Andrew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grumpy!!?? Older than dirt......!!! Man, if I could catch that young whippersnapper, I would wear him out with my oxygen bottle.

A few of the forums over here get a little testy at times, but this one is about as easy going, cordial and helpful as any on RCU. About the only time I can remember this bunch getting wound up was a couple of years ago in the thread about MicroFlight.

andrew
Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Scirocco14

Hi guys,

I was referring to some of the other sub-forums here on RCU...not this one in particular. I'm new to both of these websites, so I apologize if I offended anyone here. BTW,I can't even go into the AMA forums anymore because of all the bickering. And everytime Monokote comes up...I duck!

Mark

PS, I'm 47 so I'm stuck between "young whippersnapper" and "grumpy old man".
Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 PM
OzMo

Hey gang,
This is THE 1/2A spot to be sure. I do like RCG for composite info and sailplane stuff.
And I'm all for some fun forum wars. All in all though you can get a lot of decent help in either spot. And there are quite a few guys that visit both sites daily.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: Andrew
About the only time I can remember this bunch getting wound up was a couple of years ago in the thread about MicroFlight.

andrew
Andrew, time to take your niacin......there was a humdinger back in '03.......you might remember this...

About when I first found this place [2003] some guy inquired about what horsepower could be gained from lengthening the intake tube of a 1/2A engine, maybe even make a velocity stack. "Mr Clean" [IIRC, William Crane] claimed that it worked wonders. AJC said positively no [again, this is my recollection]...as well as others who said the idea "sucked".
Anyway, things got pretty lively and since I was brand spankin' new to internet forums, I thought that this type of stuff was routine
Bill Robison and Bruce just let things roll, but you could almost see the steam rising off of some of the posts. It went on and on like a bar room brawl on a TV western that spreads into the street.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Mr67Stang

Hey CP, you outa find that one and link it... sounds like a good read
Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: Scirocco14

Hi guys,

I was referring to some of the other sub-forums here on RCU...not this one in particular. I'm new to both of these websites, so I apologize if I offended anyone here. BTW,I can't even go into the AMA forums anymore because of all the bickering. And everytime Monokote comes up...I duck!

Mark

PS, I'm 47 so I'm stuck between ''young whippersnapper'' and ''grumpy old man''.
Tough to offend this crowd unless you make fun of small IC engines; do that and you better duck and cover. And a lot of ribbing has tongue firmly jammed in cheek, unless you're a dick then it's serious . As a 48 year old, I am a young curmudgeon and older kid. Works for me!

And the point some people seem to miss is that most of us ain't fools, and are fully aware of the "negative" issues, like oil and glow plugs and whiny sounds. The detractors never seem to mention the negative issues of their own passion, but we are far too classy to point those out in retaliation.. [sm=angel_smile.gif]

MJD
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Mr67Stang

ORIGINAL: MJD
The detractors never seem to mention the negative issues of their own passion, but we are far too classy to point those out in retaliation.. [sm=angel_smile.gif]

MJD
You mean like burning down your house because you had a cell explode in that fancy LiPoop battery pack Guess I just lost a classy point
Old 02-12-2010, 09:04 AM
MJD

No man, you just earned one here. Well, the double "oo" might raise an eyebrow, but you did better than me in the first draft of my earlier post..

If you get ragged on, change it to Li-POOF.

MJD
Old 02-12-2010, 01:26 PM
combatpigg

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

Hey CP, you outa find that one and link it... sounds like a good read
67S, now that I've thought about it, I wrongfully accused Mr Clean of starting that thread. It was a guy named Smooth, Mr Smooth, Smooth RC.....something like that.

Mr. Clean is far too nice a guy to cause such a ruckus...... Most guys from MO are pretty easy going except for that OzMo character....[sm=pirate.gif]
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Mr Cox

Well, I wandered off a little on the "other" side/site, if anyone wants to read stuff from grumpy old men then have a look [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185245]here[/link]

A guy asks quite innocently about dying his fuel and then it takes off into the clouds, one can only laugh...
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

Yeah the RCU forums are just 80 year old men arguing with 13 year old boys about ARF's LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.