Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

My COX is STUCK

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: My COX is STUCK

Pleasant word for what I just call "Crap".
Old 08-21-2011, 01:57 PM
D.J.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GOODNEWS(sort of)

After waiting for and installing a rebuild kit from eBay , the motor fired upon the third flip , after priming , and when I went to remove the starter clip I got this (nasty prop bite). It didn't phase me . I got cleaned up and got it started againandran a full tank to the end through it with only two small blip blips . It will hopefully go in to a Beachey monoplane . I am pleased and scared . I alsogot a blood blister while clamping the mount in the vice . The handle caught me . .... D.J.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81648.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1651685  
Old 08-21-2011, 06:11 PM
exocet-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you have now given blood in sacrifice to the model engine deity. It should be smooth sailing from here.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

hmm, I've had my own mishaps in the past. Try not to do that again. Think through your procedure before even starting. I saw a guy lose part of a finger, not a pretty sight. Never be in a rush and always stay away from a spinning prop, whatever size.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you still have not found a wrench, take a photo of the .049 sized one and the engine to a local water-jet machine shop and tell them what you want. They can blast one out for you in short order if you find a good shop. I've had several items made just by taking in crude drawings. I don't know what their SWARF looks like but I bet it must be like silt! So... You can get your Cox unstuck and not be in deep silt.