RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   trade (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/3764454-trade.html)

spadalltheway 01-12-2006 06:12 AM

trade

Hi, sorry tim for stealing your topic idea.........:)

I am also looking for an engine for my 2006 contest entry, it is.......................DRUM ROLL!!!!

Cox .010
Prop or two for the engine

Preferbly new, but a bit used is ok, as long as it runs good.

***I HAVE TO TRADE***
*******COX .049 Surestart
Only had one 1oz tank through the engine.
Has some thread marks where the bolts go through the plastic backplate
*******anything else you want i might have to trade?

Thanks alot

mclintock 01-12-2006 06:37 AM

RE: trade

I'd looking for a new Audi a6 quattro v8.

Will trade my used 2000 biturbo model with damaged bumper, and recent tires.

rrragmanliam 01-12-2006 06:53 AM

Sory spad,

What your offering isn't even close to being even. I wouldn't trade a .010 TD for ten sure starts. Your probably going to have to bring more to the table or just buy one. Cox still makes them and they are alwase available on ebay.

Darren

mclintock 01-12-2006 06:55 AM

Does cox still make them? I just looked at the site and they were gone!!

coxmodels.com

spadalltheway 01-12-2006 07:58 AM

Sorry, i am unaware of how much one is even if its second hand! Gee they must be as good as people say :) Oh well. Well, Anyone out there who has one, what would you like for one, used or nib, preferbly used :D I have alot of stuff, and i dont want to trade it all, but if someone wants something they want to trade, i might have it, hehe.

I also have a used o.s 40La without muffler, Discoloured but runs sweet (if its worth anything at all)

Thanks alot guys, mclintoc, i had no idea at first of what you were going on about in your 1st post........lol

flyinrog 01-12-2006 08:15 AM

Spad, if you could use pee wee .020's on your project you'd be better off, still plenty of them out there new and used...a teedee either .010,,or .020 will run roughly $70... ie $50 used if your lucky to $100+ new in box on ebay...Rog..someone may pm you with one, I only have one of each teedee .010 and .020 and they are all mine...several peewee's but they are earmarked too...I even have one of the elusive peewee .020 w/throttle sleeve but I dont have a pink dress so I guess I cant fly it[&:]

mclintock 01-12-2006 08:50 AM

I just wanted to get a joke in before combatpig woke up.
:)

Bipe Flyer 01-12-2006 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
See the attached picture to find out why nobody wants to trade a TeeDee .010 for a Surestart. If you want a TeeDee .010, greathobbies.com has them in stock. If you are willing to pay that much, I guess the shipping wont bother your.;)
http://www.greathobbies.com/products...prod_id=COX130

The PeeWee isn't much larger than the .010 and it can run in either direction. Cox is selling it for $40.
http://coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=C00100

ZoomZoom-RCU 01-12-2006 01:18 PM

;) This "tradin stuff" could be helpfull. Anybody have any use for either an endoplasma-speed gem jade electric motor, or an Enya 35 wi/ muffler that runs good? I gottem layin around with no use fer em.

ZZ.

Sorry, no hijack of post intended.

spadalltheway 01-13-2006 12:03 AM

What the???????? i payed close to $40 for my surestart!!! Some one ripped me off.. they ripped me good. Sorry all, i had no idea they were just $5, they seem to be more, errm, a hell of a lot more expensive here. Oh well. Still, RENEWED TRADE, lol

Anyone have a used .010, .020 that runs that they would trade for SOMETHING???

Thanks,

Bipe Flyer 01-13-2006 12:46 AM

I've got more bad news. TeeDee .020s are harder to get than TeeDee .010s. The least expensive option is the PeeWee .020.

spadalltheway 01-13-2006 12:50 AM

Well any motor between .010, .020, a pee wee is ok, i dont see a great deal of difference, i dont know, what is the difference? Just any 010, 020 will do

Bipe Flyer 01-13-2006 01:02 AM

A PeeWee is a reed valve, which is a little less power, but it can run in either direction and spin a larger prop.

Dukester 01-13-2006 01:27 AM

Maybe we should have a 1/2a horse trading sticky? Post the stuff you want and what you got to trade and see what comes around? Like an internet swap meet.

Duke

Aussie Damo 01-13-2006 03:47 AM

i know what you mean spad, try getting a norvel or AP for even close to what they are in the states (impossible i tell you) with the normal price where we are being 150-200% of the original price.
love the idea of trade thread

spadalltheway 01-13-2006 03:47 AM

Thats a good idea

SGC 01-13-2006 04:00 AM

Spad , damo,
Castle hill hobbies , and Col Taylor hobbies carry the AP 061 A$90-95 which realy isnt too bad take the US price , convert to aussie dollars + postage, if you check about there are some shops carrying or can get the Novels too ie Budget Hobbies at Capaliba QLD .
1/2A stuff is low volume in oz so you have to shop about, most 049-061 motors perform ok on the Cox black 5X3 so if you see some buy them, well a few - they are almost indestructable.
Keep your motors clean and use castor fuels and they will give you long service life.
Stewart

Aussie Damo 01-13-2006 05:01 AM

thanks stewert, i got a crazy story for you, i jjust got a AP 061 from HSTORE for $65 and no postage cost. how you might ask, because first i ordered a NORVEL 061 bigmig start up (cl) for $70 but they had to order it from the aussi distributer for me. 2 weeks later still no engine so i call up and they havent even ordered it. 4 days later i get it everythings fine until i realize later that night its a 049 bigmig startup (they ordered the wrong f!@#ing engine). give them a call an i send it back. when they get it they call me and tell me that the last 061 they had available to them here was sent off two days a go and they wouldnt have any for another couple of months. so, to make it up to me the send me a AP 061 at a 20% discount with a fuel tank.
so in the end i got a engine for cheap even though it took a while and just as i finished the model LOL

mclintock 01-13-2006 08:50 AM

Here is a page of auctions from a seller in oz that may have other stuff. I assume he either must be a hobby shop or have bought out one because of the cox tools he's selling.. Maybe he has a pee wee? On the other hand aeroland could be a woman.:)

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaerolandQQhtZ-1

Bipe Flyer 01-13-2006 03:11 PM

I like your swap meet idea Duke.

Half-A-Hec 01-13-2006 04:32 PM

I will trade in all my Cox stuff for a decent air brush set up!:D I have 3 TD.020's, 1 TD .010, 2 pewee .020's (one is RC). I have some new parts for the TD.020's like 1 new needle valve and spray bar, one new crankcase port (RED part that always breaks when ya crash), a couple of glow plugs for the .020's, 1 glow plug for the .010. I also have wrenches and a couple of glow clips. Oh yeah I even have a few props for these motors. Any takers?:eek:

Hec

mclintock 01-13-2006 04:43 PM

Edit, I should shut up, so I'll just say nice weather we had the last few days.. [&:]

Schu 01-13-2006 04:45 PM

Half-A Hec
I have a almost new Badger 150-4 air brush set up w/ a nice wood box case. All is there and has many extras. I never use it, so a trade sounds good.
Let me know what you think- I can post pictures or you can email me direct at: [email protected]
Thanks, Dale

Half-A-Hec 01-13-2006 04:49 PM

Schu,

NOw were talkin! Do you have a compressor for it? Need a compressor. BTW 2 of the TD .020's are gold case one is silver. The TD is basically new as I only ran it once. I still have the packaging and instructions for it. The little .010 would not fly my LS. So there it sits on my bench.

Hec

Schu 01-13-2006 05:03 PM

Hec,
I have a compresser that I use, but it is a larger type like one would buy from Lowes ( no tank- just the comp pump type )
It would be way to heavy to ship. The air brush is all stainless and cost me some good coin. I went to H/S in Neb in Central City years ago- do you live close? I was in Omaha this summer for a HS reunion after being away 25 years and had a geat time.
Dale