RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/)
-   -   Resolved (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-1-8-airplanes-70/8288588-resolved.html)

Raymond LeFlyr 12-27-2008 08:17 PM

Resolved

Youse-all,

I have been thinking of doing something I can’t remember having done before (really): make New Year’s resolutions. Do you wanna see some of them? Really? Gee thanks guys . . .

1. Build more balsa models. Not abandoning FFF, but I just finished an Elipstik and it was FUN (except for covering).
2. Convert more of my .049s to use the Doug Galbreath 1/2a Conversion Head from <www.Kittingittogether.com>
3. Clean up and tune up my Reedies. (Learn how to run them too.)
4. Build my fourth Littlest Stick and power it with an .010
5. Be more honest and humble (hard to do both!) when reporting here in this forum.

planebuilder66 12-27-2008 09:30 PM

RE: Resolved

#5 is going to be broken, I think we all see it coming!:)

flyinrog 12-27-2008 10:16 PM

Uncle Ray I want to build anothe 150 littest stick,,that was a fun plane,, and it was the first choke tube I've seen from Johnboy,..long since gone from here..but he came to one race and again at Deadsticks field....Rog

Raymond LeFlyr 12-28-2008 09:24 AM

PB66, Whaaaaiiiiit a minit. I'll have you know that I have tried to stifle myself here more than once. Why I remember back in '98 right after my third assault on Mt. Everest . . .

Rog,

Serious here, I think "Johnboy" may come back. I'm hopeful.

I gave my LS-150 to someone at one of your events. I don't know what happened to it after that. But I too had fun with it while it was mine. You can't keep a good design down.

Sorry, I'd like to stay and chat some more but I'm getting ready to test fly my newest totally unprecedented creation, which will probably revolutionize the industry but I will humbly delay reporting on same until the patents clear.

planebuilder66 12-28-2008 01:20 PM

O.K.,
So we need to list resiloutions, Hmmmmm,....
1) Finish my little quickie
2) Repair and finish all the planes I put aside to be fixed.
3) Build more nostalgic aircraft.
4) I guess I could be a little more nicer to people on the fourms, Naaaa.

Tee Bee 12-28-2008 04:41 PM

Raymond, I'd be glad to see another Littlest Stick built w/TD .010 power. Mine is still mostly intact after much use and abuse. It has been a source of mucho fun.

My RC resolutions for 2009, at least until I change my mind:

1. Finish repairing and reattempt to fly El Pongito, my little TD .010 low-winger which has an all-time flight endurance record of about 7 seconds so far.
2. Start flying my .15-powered Lil' Extra that's been "almost done" for a couple of months.
3. Build a Das Splat Jr with a TD 049 from RCM plans. All the major pieces have been cut out.
4. Finish my Great Planes Fokker DVII arf lecky-to-glow conversion. Using an OS 10. All the headscratching work is finished. Just need to assemble it.
5. Build 3 Dumas Lil' Swamp Buggy airboats with Cox SS engines for my father, son, and myself to run this spring at the local boat ramp. Should be fun to get 3 generations on the water at the same time.
6. Start building my Ultra Sport 60 kit that's been sitting for a couple of years. I know it's a somewhat long project so I tend to keep building smaller 1/2A planes that I can finish faster.
7. Start building my .049-sized Sure Shark kit.
8. If time allows, try something different. Maybe a nitro RC motorcycle!!!

Raymond LeFlyr 12-28-2008 05:06 PM

Tee Bee,

Do you have a sleep disorder? Like do you never need any? Whew, wore me out reading your list.

vicman 12-28-2008 05:51 PM

I'm going to the Nats and be in at least one more Triathlon.
I'll also try to work on Raymond's #5 for myself too.

planebuilder66 12-28-2008 08:33 PM

Sleep is for the weak.

flyinrog 12-28-2008 09:08 PM

Another fun ADHD thing, with sleep medication Ambien/larazapan on a good day I get in 5 hours...Rog

planebuilder66 12-28-2008 09:44 PM

Hey rog,
Are you admitting that your slacking, that is, if you don't sleep you should have a squadron built by now!:)

rainedave 12-28-2008 10:13 PM

Vic, you wanna come to Hawaii with me and do the Iron Man? I never miss it.

David

exocet-RCU 12-28-2008 11:34 PM

Resolved:
1. Build the SureShark I bought from Dave sometime early last year
2. Finish the .40 size Tony I've been working on for the last 5 years
3. Build a 2x4 glider (actual name) with an .049 in the nose to teach my nephews how to fly R/C properly (not like this cr*# they got for christmas)
4. Build the Balsa USA Enforcer I got from my uncle and put a hot .60 on it. Maybe even fit it for retracts.... That would be fun.
5. Pay some attention to my wife..... hmmm.......

Happy New Year all!

Tim

flyinrog 12-28-2008 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

Hey rog,
Are you admitting that your slacking, that is, if you don't sleep you should have a squadron built by now!:)
Oh I have a sqadron...I have 7 planes right here in my living room.....Rog

OzMo 12-29-2008 12:02 AM

SSHHH
Hold it down guys I was almost asleep! LOL:D

Cover my Sure Shark
Build another Joy Stick. (have had the "kit parts"cut out including the foam wing for 15 years +)
build a the Bubble Dancer
Build another Gentle Lady with dif foil and longer nose and tuff spar and spoilers (RES)
fix my ultra stick and LT 40
Fly more!!! work less[>:]

MJD 12-29-2008 01:00 AM

ORIGINAL: exocet-RCU

5. Pay some attention to my wife..... hmmm.......

Please no, you'll ruin it for the rest of us.

This will be on my list soon to be posted, not necessarily at #1 though:

- clean 3M-77 nozzle thoroughly before spritzing little pieces of glass cloth. My left eyelid is sticky, just on the outside luckily. Dagblasted stuff spritzed out at about 90 degrees and some snuck under my glasses. None in my eye, fast on the eyelids thank goodness.

MJD

vicman 12-29-2008 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

clean 3M-77 nozzle thoroughly before spritzing little pieces of glass cloth. My left eyelid is sticky, just on the outside luckily. Dagblasted stuff spritzed out at about 90 degrees and some snuck under my glasses. None in my eye, fast on the eyelids thank goodness.
Word from the south, don't use a pencil...just a warning. Of course you don't need to listen if you don't want to.[sm=what_smile.gif]

Raymond LeFlyr 12-29-2008 09:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The look on 41.5's face is priceless!

Dave, Rustman? Honesty and humility, harumph.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Somehow paint seems to be attracted to children, that's my excuse.

Larry Driskill 12-29-2008 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

Youse-all,

I have been thinking of doing something I can’t remember having done before (really): make New Year’s resolutions. Do you wanna see some of them? Really? Gee thanks guys . . .

1. Build more balsa models. Not abandoning FFF, but I just finished an Elipstik and it was FUN (except for covering).
2. Convert more of my .049s to use the Doug Galbreath 1/2a Conversion Head from <www.Kittingittogether.com>
3. Clean up and tune up my Reedies. (Learn how to run them too.)
4. Build my fourth Littlest Stick and power it with an .010
5. Be more honest and humble (hard to do both!) when reporting here in this forum.

Number two is a really fine resolution that is much appreciated by both Doug and Larry. Well done Raymond!

As for my own list, I think my very satisfying quality of life will be even better if I resolve to 'Fly more often'.

flyinrog 12-29-2008 11:41 AM

good one Vic!!!:D

vicman 12-29-2008 12:34 PM

Somehow paint seems to be attracted to children, that's my excuse.
I didn't need to put him in a box though. I had tears in my eyes from laughing when I took that pic. Man, was he mad. He got yet another chance to hear the sage advice,"If your gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough".
I did make sure he was ok before grabbing the camera, heck I even cleaned him up pretty good before snapping away. The paint had glued his eyelids open when he blinked lol.[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=what_smile.gif]

flyinrog 12-29-2008 09:10 PM

I wish I had a picture, reminds me of a time in college a guy (George) in his green jeep, oh it had the power and wheels to tear up some acreage...well a guy in a pickup had just gone by and sprayed his jeep with mud,,, not havin any of that he sticks his head out the window to make sure all is clear behind him....turns the wheel hard left throws it in reverse all at the same time (follow along now) pops the clutch and got the biggest face full of mud you can imagine...I never laughed so hard.....Vic, dont for get to to tell the boy about the hey ya'll watch this problems too.....Rog
He's growin like a weed...

Andrew 12-29-2008 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: exocet-RCU

3. Build a 2x4 glider (actual name) with an .049 in the nose to teach my nephews how to fly R/C properly (not like this cr*# they got for christmas)
Very nice choice. I've attached a plans pic for those that may not be familiar with this model.

vicman 12-29-2008 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rog that pic is a few years old. Here's one of tonight.;)

planebuilder66 12-29-2008 10:19 PM

Yup rog!,
I do that on a weekly basis in my own jeep, I forget the windows down and run through some puddles and mud when I'm in the woods offroading, I hang my head out to look at the boulders I'm embarking apon and get a little slippage of the tires so I give it a little more umph! Next thing I know, I have 36 grit sandpaper in my eyeball swimming around, and no water in sight for miles, just beer, somehow I manage though!:eek:
On a different note, only 7? what, this week or in that paticular room! Last time I counted, I had 13 on the rack and piles of kits waiting to be built, but time is scarce these days and my ambition is getting to be something like a gesture.:)
I suck! Well there goes my last resolution, O-well.