RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Xantos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

Hi Shaz ,
The fact is that JR has launched the DSMJ system in Japan and in some parts of Asia
I guess its too embarassing for JR to admit that the DSM2 has problems especially when there are so many DSM systems all over USA.
Why else would JR have two systems DSM2 and the DSMJ commercially available ?
Whatever the reason its fairly obvious that either the DSM2 is not as good or the DSMJ is better - why else would JR market 2 different technologies with the 2.4 range ? I can assure you its not purely to give the customer the choice
I am in a similar situation like you - I switched to JR when I started flying jets initially on 35mhz and later to 2.4 with the plugin module system and now I have the 9Xii (9203) and also the 12X.
However since 2006 I have lost around 3 jets on this system.
I am thinking of switching back to Futaba as well.
Other than some failures that Futaba 2.4 receivers had due to high temperature I have not heard anything negative.
Im planning to switch to the Futaba 14MZ - I know I'll miss the JR programming that Im used to .