RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

Other than some failures that Futaba 2.4 receivers had due to high temperature I have not heard anything negative.
just as an FYI , for those looking to switch/upgrade to Futaba, it is also noteworthy that the 12FG has some occurrences of problems with either the pots or the associated circuitry.. (search for 12FG issues with POTs) .. Basically the pots go out of trim, this has happened to some guys in the air and caused aircraft loss.. Some of these issues also manifest themselves with a cross mixing between the sticks without any mixes actually being programed. I returned my 12FG and exchanged it for a 12Z for $500more after experiencing this issue myself on a brand new radio. FWIW the 12z has the same POTS and gimbals assembly as he 14MZ ... so having said that, for me at this point FASST is the way to go (the logic of the technology alone even makes more sense) , however there are clearly various problems and issues on all sides of all fences (some worse than others .. )

~V~