RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Spinners and APC Props Not Compatible?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
shaggy48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Spinners and APC Props Not Compatible?

Sounds like that little pin is not necessary after all.  Thanks all.  I will know for next time to just cut them off without worry.  As for the cheesy plastic spinners well what can I say.  They are flimsy for sure.  But,  they have worked just fine for me so far, and don't look bad on my little plane(s).  Besides, I'm just not that good yet.  Still scratch-in em up and break em every once in awhile.  Just like props, I like pro-zingers on my yak and escapade.  But they break too easily.  So I now fly with the MA on the yak because they last longer by taking a little more abuse before I am forced to replace them. 

If I had been flying with an MA on the Escapade, that little nose-over would not have cost me a prop.    When I no longer break them so frequently, I may consider some nicer stuff.   But until then I figure why throw away 30 to 50 dollars on a spinner when I can throw away 5?  But knowing me, I may never spend that much for a spinner when the cheaper 5 to 10 dollar ones will do. 

Shaggy.