RCU Forums - View Single Post - Texas group still around?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Rusty_S85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Texas group still around?

Yes it does. I was talking about the North Texas group but I am not in north texas, Houston here and I planned on eventually moving out in central texas more towards austin.

But was just wondering if they were still around. I know cost is one of the things that really keeps me from getting involved with the hobby. I was hoping that over time the manufacturing of the armament would become more efficent and the cost would go down.

I still would love to build the Battleship Texas with 5 working turrets and I would figure out a way to design an interuptor to prevent the center turrent from firing in the direction of superstructure.

Aside from that I was told by numerous people Ishould consider an unarmed ship but as I keep putting forth I dont have the ability to transport huge ships which was the reason I was looking at the Battleship Texas since it would be around 47". The only unarmed ship Iwould consider building would be a troop transport version of the Titanic or a hosptial ship version of the Britannic but both of those would be over 70" in scale which would be way to long to fit in my vehicle.

Its also good to hear that swampworks isnt totally out. Last I heard they went out of business basically. But since its been so many years since ive had a very strong interest in the hobby I will have to track down sites and get caught up on any changes that has been made.