RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A Jekyll
Thread: 1/2A Jekyll
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 AM
hllywdb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/2A Jekyll

The wind has been 25 -30mph the last few days. It finally dropped to 15 - 20mph this morning so I took it up. 1 click of right trim and 1 click of up trim. The CG is a bit forward so it was rock solid in the wind, but I needed to drop the dual rates on the ailerons a bit as the roll rate is real fast. Still haven't wieghed it, but the Big Mig hauls it vertical real quick. After a couple flights to get it sorted out, I tried the flapperons on landing. Not that it needs them, but it just realy tames it down on landing and you can't force it to tip stall.

I was using one of my pre XE computer radios so I forgot I needed to program a mix for each aileron seperatly for the roll coupling so it was only moving the right aileron. So knife edge was a bit of a handfull in the wind.

I have the battery stacked up vertically back against F2 already, so I may need to move it to the belly pan to move the CG back, but I think I'll tape some weight to the tail first to test it before I make that much of a change. I should have trusted the CG calculations but I went a bit conservative.